PDA

View Full Version : Vectra Body Kits

pbk1776
16th December 2008, 10:55 PM
Hey guys where can i check good looking Body kits for my vectra?

im located at Campbelltown Sydney thanks thanks

Vfan
17th December 2008, 12:36 AM
you are not alone
I've found a few sites in Germany, but they do not respond to emails in English :confused:
also there is a good looking (to my liking anyway) kit on uk ebay, but they say that shipping would cost more that the kit, if sent by airmail with UPS

so I am looking for a cheaper alternative (by sea) at the moment
any ideas?

pbk1776
17th December 2008, 06:45 AM
Yeh i already checked those websites from overseas and yeh the shipping cost will kill you.... im looking for a body kit shop local or just around Australia

Vfan
17th December 2008, 03:54 PM
Yeh i already checked those websites from overseas and yeh the shipping cost will kill you.... im looking for a body kit shop local or just around Australia

from what I have seen so far - local resellers kill you even faster (charge you premium on top of shipping cost)

nuggz
17th December 2008, 04:03 PM
IMHO, clean wheels, lowered and good body work, tinted window and maybe a few cosmetic touches are all the veccy's need, the cost of a full body kit and getting it put on and sprayed...:cool:

stock is the new modified....:p

AfterBurner
17th December 2008, 05:14 PM
My Veccy has a TALON body kit, looks nice & not overdone. Skirts, rear spoiler & colour bumpers.

Contact them cos they're local (Sydney).

If you wanna hav a look at mine you can PM me.

AzzA

Vfan
17th December 2008, 09:43 PM
stock is the new modified....:p

I kinda like this kit (without rear wing though):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/
Item number: 200275394003

AfterBurner
17th December 2008, 10:12 PM
By the time you paid import, you could probably buy another Vectra...

That would cost an absolute mozza to ship, go with a local bodykit manufacturer, im sure they would do something custom for cheaper than the cost of that + shipping.

My 2c anyway.

AzzA

Jerram
18th December 2008, 01:22 AM
I must admit I do like that body kit. Very BTCC style.

I think Dannilicious got hers custom made here is Aus?

If you wanted to go for something like that then maybe getting it made would be cheaper then buying that and shipping it out.

immenotu
18th December 2008, 10:03 AM
I think Dannilicious got hers custom made here is Aus?

Danni imported hers from Europe (UK i think?). She just made a few small modifications to it once it got here. I dont know how much the shipping costs were tho.

Vfan
18th December 2008, 09:28 PM
By the time you paid import, you could probably buy another Vectra...

That would cost an absolute mozza to ship, go with a local bodykit manufacturer, im sure they would do something custom for cheaper than the cost of that + shipping.

My 2c anyway.

AzzA

well I only started to look overseas after seeing price on local websites like http://carshine.com.au/
I am not aware of any local manufacturers - any links, contacts, pointers?

Also, does anyone know some companies that do sea shipments from Europe?

thanks

cdxi
19th December 2008, 05:17 PM
My Vec B GL had a Talon Kit (skirts, spoiler) as well as the JS III CD front air dam with fogs. The car was tarted up by a dealer for the Perth Motor Show and looked great. It also had 17" Speedy wheels.

Anything more and the Vec B's already subtle, sculpted lines can look a bit cluttered.

I still reckon the Vec B, especially the hatch, is a bloody handsome car!

HappySlapper82
20th December 2008, 08:06 AM
I have a friend who has a shipping container floating back and forth from the UK to Adelaide (he rebuilds written off Land Rovers). You could probably by some space off him one time

Vfan
22nd December 2008, 10:40 PM
I have a friend who has a shipping container floating back and forth from the UK to Adelaide (he rebuilds written off Land Rovers). You could probably by some space off him one time

the kit box size is 200x80x60, weight is 23 kg
please either pass on this info to him for a quote or pm me his contact info if possible

thanks

HappySlapper82
22nd December 2008, 10:45 PM
the kit box size is 200x80x60, weight is 23 kg
please either pass on this info to him for a quote or pm me his contact info if possible

thanks

Triumph Rover Spares
Address 7 Magna Ct, Lonsdale, South Australia 5160
Phone 08 83846933
Fax 08 8384 2133
Hours of Business Mon-Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm, Sat 8:00am - 12:30pm
Email [email protected]

Vfan
23rd December 2008, 10:46 PM
thanks mate