PDA

View Full Version : My Holden dealer just closed down

BEK-46P
7th December 2008, 04:33 PM
United Holden at Rockdale (NSW) just closed down. What happens with my warranty? And the free lifetime car washes they promised :p

Kudrow
7th December 2008, 04:36 PM
I would think the warranty would remain unaffected - it would be warranted by any Holden dealer? (assumed)

As for the lifetime free carwashes, I think you are on your own there mate...

tuzinski
7th December 2008, 05:06 PM
huh?
their website looks fine
http://www.unitedholden.com.au/index.html

gave the number a call
damn they closed down.

and yea any holden dealer should take over your manufacturers warranty, if you have any extended contact holden and see what they say! :)

Shaun
7th December 2008, 05:12 PM
If your refering to ur 6 year warranty you should ring them to find out. Chances are
someone will still be on hand at the dealership to answer questions.

As for closing down I've know about it for 2 weeks. Also Pensiulla( not bankstown) & McGraths sutherland are romoured to be closing the doors by the end of the year

BEK-46P
7th December 2008, 06:33 PM
What a "fitting" way to end Holden's 60th Year Anniversary celebrations!

Shaun
7th December 2008, 08:10 PM
They are private owned dealerships. Not Holden Owned dealers. Times are tough atm. Its bound to happen.

tuzinski
7th December 2008, 08:14 PM
They are private owned dealerships. Not Holden Owned dealers. Times are tough atm. Its bound to happen.
so then which ones are owned by holden?

Wraith
7th December 2008, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, sad same will be happening here in Melb. too...

AFAIK all dealerships are privately owned business', some own multiple outlets etc. but are not directly tied to GMH, they are a typical trader, just like any other store or 'middle man'...

As said on other threads good for people looking for a bargain new car buy in the GMH range ATM...

MatsHolden
7th December 2008, 08:32 PM
all dealerships are privately owned business', some own multiple outlets etc. but are not directly tied to GMH, they are a typical trader, just like any other store or 'middle man'...

That's correct.

tuzinski
7th December 2008, 08:42 PM
as said on other threads good for people looking for a bargain new car buy in the gmh range atm...
+1

Shaun
7th December 2008, 10:30 PM
so then which ones are owned by holden?

Some truck dealerships are owned by Manfacturers. And not to be fooled either by people telling you that car Manfacturers dont own there some dealerships as Mercedes Benz Of Sydney Airport Exp Sydney Mercedes Benz Of Melbourne Airport Exp Melbourne to name a couple are owned by Mercedes Benz Australia / Pacific .

Vectracious
7th December 2008, 10:49 PM
Some truck dealerships are owned by Manfacturers. And not to be fooled either by people telling you that car Manfacturers dont own there some dealerships as Mercedes Benz Of Sydney Airport Exp Sydney Mercedes Benz Of Melbourne Airport Exp Melbourne to name a couple are owned by Mercedes Benz Australia / Pacific .

yep - all the Subaru dealers are owned by Subaru themselves, not a private entity.

Metro1288
7th December 2008, 11:17 PM
You dont want them to wash your car for you anyways, all you will get are mega swirls!

USC
8th December 2008, 12:59 AM
You dont want them to wash your car for you anyways, all you will get are mega swirls!

Whatever you do, you will always get swirls on a Black car. Thats why polishes and waxes exist.

Shaun
8th December 2008, 06:40 AM
yep - all the Subaru dealers are owned by Subaru themselves, not a private entity.

Its not uncommon . Ford back in early 2000 bought up its dealer net work . Only to sell it some years later back to the orginal owner. Some of the larger dealers such as Peter Warren in Sydney were untouched during the " joint retail venture"

No wonder docklands Subaru in Melbourne is so large. There are some nice toys in that dealership thats for sure.

JohnBu
8th December 2008, 10:02 AM

I thought the ones in Frankston and Geelong were privately owned

lithium
8th December 2008, 10:16 AM
United Holden at Rockdale (NSW) just closed down. What happens with my warranty? And the free lifetime car washes they promised :p

dammit, that's where i go for my parts! :mad:
well i did my bit to stop them going under - got a genuine holden fuse from them a month ago for $5 :)

TheOperator
8th December 2008, 10:31 AM

I can promise you this is not the case!!!

My employer owns 3 subaru dealerships, one of which incorporates STi also among its many varied business interests.

Wraith
8th December 2008, 10:56 AM

This is incorrect !!!

Some 'may be' but not all...

It's the same with alot of the 'fully' imported brands, but not the local ones, as already stated ;)

tuzinski
8th December 2008, 07:36 PM
dammit, that's where i go for my parts! :mad:
well i did my bit to stop them going under - got a genuine holden fuse from them a month ago for $5 :)
maybe they can sell us ultra cheap parts now!
cant wait for boyded to go down :D:D

id like a H SRiT front and rear bar now :p

Vectracious
8th December 2008, 10:09 PM
I thought the ones in Frankston and Geelong were privately owned

I can promise you this is not the case!!!

My employer owns 3 subaru dealerships, one of which incorporates STi also among its many varied business interests.

This is incorrect !!!

Some 'may be' but not all...

It's the same with alot of the 'fully' imported brands, but not the local ones, as already stated ;)

Well I guess the spare parts managers at two Melbourne Subaru dealerships are talking shit then.

Wraith
9th December 2008, 12:48 PM
Well I guess the spare parts managers at two Melbourne Subaru dealerships are talking shit then.

I'd say so...or simply not aware maybe ???

USC
9th December 2008, 02:42 PM

Spare Part managers often know shit...thats why they are "Spare Part" Managers.

CNBLU
9th December 2008, 02:45 PM
Money can buy anything these days

JohnBu
9th December 2008, 03:06 PM

sucks to go get quotes from the Subaru owned dealers, as they know which dealers you have visited (enter details on a network) and try to fix the price of the cars..

Shaun
9th December 2008, 03:43 PM
maybe they can sell us ultra cheap parts now!
cant wait for boyded to go down :D:D

id like a H SRiT front and rear bar now :p

Chances of Boyed @ Walgrove going under are very slim. They supply NSW Dealer network under contract to Holden to cut Holdens Lead times down in NSW and parts of QLD.

Mainframe_Module
11th December 2008, 12:56 PM
i drive past the rockdale one almost daily (im in st george area) and noticed they had closed down, i was wondiering if they were just renovating or if they had closed down....

thats pretty crappy :\

Greg K
11th December 2008, 03:03 PM
went past Holden @ Rushcutters Bay... closed down too!

Shaun
11th December 2008, 03:59 PM
went past Holden @ Rushcutters Bay... closed down too!

Rushcutters Bay is Suttons? I think i have relocated from what i heard.

Greg K
11th December 2008, 04:02 PM
Rushcutters Bay is Suttons? I think i have relocated from what i heard.

yeah they have moved their stock to Roseberry Suttons

tuzinski
11th December 2008, 04:21 PM
yeah they have moved their stock to Roseberry Suttons
and shut up shop :boohoo: