PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Light

simmy
4th December 2008, 02:19 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone would have any idea on why my Astra's airbag light keeps staying on?

It was happening ages ago so i took it to an auto electrician, said it was probly something to do with the seat belt? But the problem seemed to have fixed itself and i just left it...but now its doing it again!

PrincessPeachey
4th December 2008, 11:58 PM
I have the same problem with my Corsa B GSi. Car's been in an accident (before I bought it) and have since replaced the seatbelts due to the pretensioners going. Not really sure what's going on with the car, all Holden can tell me is that the SRS light is on. REALLY? I didn't notice....

USC
5th December 2008, 08:58 AM
I have the same problem with my Corsa B GSi. Car's been in an accident (before I bought it) and have since replaced the seatbelts due to the pretensioners going. Not really sure what's going on with the car, all Holden can tell me is that the SRS light is on. REALLY? I didn't notice....

Holden does not know anything about Opels. Can`t they can check the codes on their computer and see what exactly is wrong?

PrincessPeachey
5th December 2008, 10:24 AM
I visited one dealer in the city who near on refused to run the diagnostics check. The other dealer whom I have been dealing with I would never go back to in a million years. We did the paperclip test but of course it didn't come up on that.

CNBLU
5th December 2008, 10:27 AM
Holden aren't the ony ones with a tech2

tez
14th December 2008, 11:50 AM
My TS Astra seems to do the same thing. I reset it, and it came back. Reset it again and it hasnt come back, although the diagnostic check last time indicated it was the passenger side airbag squib circruit (airbag not the pretensioner) resistance being high.

simmy
15th December 2008, 11:33 AM
My TS Astra seems to do the same thing. I reset it, and it came back. Reset it again and it hasnt come back, although the diagnostic check last time indicated it was the passenger side airbag squib circruit (airbag not the pretensioner) resistance being high.

silly question.. but how do you reset it? its not as easy as just turning the car off and back on? It doesnt really bother me too much, i just ignore it.. sometimes its always on, other times it doesnt come on at all.

maybe one day i will get another seatbelt and see if that helps, but at the moment its gone again so i dunno... i'll just leave it lol.

tez
17th December 2008, 05:52 PM
Bought a tool to reset it. Since you say your light comes and goes, then its most likely a wiring or fault in the airbag system and resetting it will not help.

ikaros
10th March 2015, 07:52 PM
I have a airbag light on my ASTRA TS CDX. I hooked up my OPCOM and I got back fault "82 Passenger Side Airbag Sensor Circuit Malfunction" I reset the fault codes but the light is still on the dashboard. Are there any brainy guys out there?

DWS 92
10th March 2015, 08:47 PM
Airbag sensors are located behind the radiator support, so open the bonnet and look for a yellow plastic sensor bolted to the radiator support near the headlight. It might simply have not been plugged in causing the fault.

ikaros
10th March 2015, 09:11 PM
I thought on ASTRA TS CDX, the main sensor is under the central console behind the hand brake and the side airbag sensors are on the front doors

DWS 92
10th March 2015, 09:51 PM
Sorry, accidently googled AH Astra. It is indeed in the door.

Have you checked to see if it's plugged in correctly? Do the pins have any signs of corrosion?

ikaros
10th March 2015, 10:08 PM
all that has been checked. the opcom cleared the fault but the light is still ON.

DWS 92
10th March 2015, 10:12 PM
Then next I would check measured values in Opcom to see if there is any value in the list which would help in diagnosis.

Would also check wiring continuity from airbag module under console to sensor plug.

If that's all okay then I would replace the sensor.

ikaros
10th March 2015, 10:18 PM
many thanks this is my project for the weekend. CHECK THE LOOM