PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate 60 Years of Holden

poita
3rd December 2008, 02:32 PM
couldnt be stuffed typin it all again :)

http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/holdenhistory/story.html#/playshow/

http://i37.tinypic.com/2l9l7yq.jpg

Calibrated
3rd December 2008, 02:33 PM
my favourite holden... isnt a holden...

sorry, had to say it.

poita
3rd December 2008, 02:45 PM
i have my list of holdens i would have
includes genuine a9x and hq 2 door monaro ;)
also would love to get back the group a ss peter brock vk commodore mum had

Shaun
4th December 2008, 10:32 AM
My dad has a Genuine XU1 Torana. I will be watching this . It will be on DVD more then likely later on though as the " Billion Dollar Baby" was released on to DVD.

auzvectra
4th December 2008, 11:03 AM
my list would have the 74 Hq statey that i had to get rid of before i could restore it with the certified factory "bathurst" 350 chev ;).
and of coarse my dad's old GENUINE (by that i mean the limited number, not the 500 extra's they released) group a group 3 brockie :D, unbeatable in it's time. well this 1 was ;).

they are still good in theory, n look hot, but dont think i'd want to drive ne of them nemore, too rough :p.
as for the handling, hahaha.

Wraith
4th December 2008, 01:12 PM
I'll have to check, but hopefully it's on at that time here in Melb. I should be back home in time on Saturday to view that, after my 2nd and much longer TTS test drive this Saturday :D

Otherwise I'll just have to tape it :)

USC
5th December 2008, 08:55 AM
I ve seen heaps of astra`s with that cheap 60th anniversary badge on the boot lately....:p

glider
5th December 2008, 11:59 AM
I ve seen heaps of astra`s with that cheap 60th anniversary badge on the boot lately....:p

feel sorry for the poor bastards that took up that 99c fuel cap, its now worthless for the time being (at least on a petrol model)

Wraith
5th December 2008, 01:18 PM
feel sorry for the poor bastards that took up that 99c fuel cap, its now worthless for the time being (at least on a petrol model)

Why ???

At the time of offering it was for free with any Holden vehicle purchase, so no losses to whoever has it - they've benefited in the mean time ;)

poita
7th December 2008, 08:58 PM
anyone watch this?
i missed it

Wraith
7th December 2008, 09:02 PM
anyone watch this?
i missed it

So did I damn, even though I'd checked and prepared for it, it was on channel 9 at 4:30pm yesterday afternoon here in Melb. too, I forgot to set my recorder DOH :doh: :o

Anyone else see it - either a quick or thorough review please :)

chrissn89
7th December 2008, 09:04 PM
Yup it was all about "the Commodore" and how good and amazing they are, you didnt miss out on anything. The whole show basically was just playing back old TV ads and footage.

Wraith
7th December 2008, 09:08 PM
Yup it was all about "the Commodore" and how good and amazing they are, you didnt miss out on anything. The whole show basically was just playing back old TV ads and footage.

I still would've loved to have seen and made a permanent recording of it...:(

I've owned Holdens (mainly Commodores and Toranas) for most of my driving life, so it would've been worthwhile viewing for me, might have to go and check the ABC shop, see if there's an official video release of it...

Theo
8th December 2008, 11:20 AM
Wheels Mag might have it attached to their next publication. They did that with the "Million Dollar Baby" DVD.

Wraith
8th December 2008, 12:46 PM
Wheels Mag might have it attached to their next publication. They did that with the "Million Dollar Baby" DVD.

Ah, hope so, will look out for it...I actually got a copy of the VE one that you've mentioned :)

chrissn89
8th December 2008, 06:32 PM
Ah, hope so, will look out for it...I actually got a copy of the VE one that you've mentioned :)

I want a copy ;) of the VE Billion dollar baby DVD, it was a pretty good watch.

Wraith
9th December 2008, 12:51 PM
I want a copy ;) of the VE Billion dollar baby DVD, it was a pretty good watch.

Hmmmm, could possibly make a copy of mine and send it to you...

When I get some time I'll dig it up (can't remember where I've got it) and see if it can be copied :)

chrissn89
9th December 2008, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm, could possibly make a copy of mine and send it to you...

When I get some time I'll dig it up (can't remember where I've got it) and see if it can be copied :)

Thanks that would be much appreciated :D. If you run into trouble copying it PM me.

Cheers