PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Australia...

mr_sikma
6th August 2004, 05:27 PM
Hey,

My name is Jason and I am 19. I work at Holdens in Elizabeth on night shift, and build the left hand side bodysides for the US and AUS Monaros!

Anyway, i currently own 2 sigmas. 1 is a daily driver and the other has had a bit of work done to it 8)

It can be seen here; www.cardomain.com/id/mr_sikma

I am currently looking at buying an '04 Barina 3 Door something a bit like this; [web:3c5dd7a2d4]http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=1003[/web:3c5dd7a2d4]

Thanks

Jass
6th August 2004, 05:35 PM
welcome mate

jch75
6th August 2004, 05:58 PM
What suburb do you live in? I'm an Adelaide lad myself. Before buying, I would wait a little while and make sure something better isn't around the corner. Do some investigation on the net. Like you wouldn't buy the VY now knowing that the VZ is going to have a 6 cyl offering 25% more power in the coming month. I know there is a new Astra being imported early\mid next year & I'm not sure what the plans are for Barina\Corsa. I am sure the Corsa fans here will heap you out with any advice - maybe create a thread in the Corsa area. Cheers.

Degen-Astra
6th August 2004, 06:38 PM
Greetings mate!! And welcome to the team! :mrgreen:

ultim8DTM5
6th August 2004, 10:41 PM
Another PF.com blowin? Welcome

Nem
7th August 2004, 01:38 AM
Hello young sand groper!

mr_sikma
7th August 2004, 05:50 AM
hey,

thanks for the welcomes.

jch75: I live near TTP. and the new barina has just been released. same shape but they have changed the model names. no CD, SXi, etc anymore. they just have 3 Door, 5 Door and SRi. But the wait on a SRi to Australia is about 6 months and there is none in the country :roll: also i am only buying brand new because i get a 15% discount for being a holden employee 8)

ultim8DTM5: yeah another one :twisted:

Nem: isnt a sand groper a WA person? my bad if i am wrong :?

Nem
7th August 2004, 11:05 AM
Nem: isnt a sand groper a WA person? my bad if i am wrong

Actually now that you mention it you're probably right! :bang: Forgive me but as you can see it was 2am. My bad.

edit: please swap sand groper for crow eater :D

GOZOFF
7th August 2004, 02:47 PM
HELLO AND http://animation-central.com/welcome/welcome5.gif http://animation-central.com/toon/kylewave.gif

mr_sikma
7th August 2004, 05:26 PM
yeah crow-eater is it :lol:

cheers gozoff but the pics didnt work :?

imay
8th August 2004, 02:54 PM
Welcome.
Nice to see that there is more life in Adelaide after all!
My only comment on your choice of car (and we have both Barina and Astra) is, to look around and see if you can't pick up a low km Astra for the same sort of money as you would be spending on a Barina. With the release of the "Classic" Astra and the new model just around the corner (November I've been told) the price is bound to drop in the 2nd hand stakes.
Ian.

Anonymous
8th August 2004, 04:55 PM
Welcome Sikma :)
I've just added a Corsa(Like Pictured in ya past Post) to my Stable.
I hope ya enjoy the site and ya Corsa brings ya as much joy as your Peter Wherret Special/GSR :)

mr_sikma
9th August 2004, 07:20 AM
imay: i want to buy new because i get a discount thru working at hodens. so hopefully i can get a new car for the same price as a low kms second hand. i also like the look of the corsa better over the astra and i want a small cheap car. the astras are now only 4 doors which i dont want and a bit too expensive. the new barina has everything the astra pretty much has aswell!

Kid: thanks 8) post sum pics of ya corsa :) also nearly there with the peter wherrett/gsr :lol: wherrett was a non turbo sports model and gsr was the late model sigmas and also non turbo. only 500 turbos were made and in my shape (gh model) mine is a luxury type model (SE) but with all the sigma turbo stuff now :D

Anonymous
9th August 2004, 07:26 AM
I was going to buy a GSR Turbo just b4 I got my licence, But the guy sold it. Sadly it got wrapped around a Power Pole 2 months later.
I/we haven't picked up our Corsa yet, Should have it by Friday :)

mr_sikma
9th August 2004, 07:30 AM
That was quick :lol:

Yeah u would have had fun in the sigma :mrgreen: its good because most people think they are slow so i can give a few people a shock. how much did they want for it?

and what did you pay for your corsa? what year etc?

mr_astra_retired
9th August 2004, 09:30 AM
hey there Jason , welcome aboard mate , the barina is a good choice mate !!

mr_astra
8)

Anonymous
9th August 2004, 11:35 AM
That was quick :lol:

Yeah u would have had fun in the sigma :mrgreen: its good because most people think they are slow so i can give a few people a shock. how much did they want for it?

and what did you pay for your corsa? what year etc?

I knew the Guy with the GSR for a Few Years, He had it advertised for $11500(That in 1997) and It was offered to me for $10000. It was worth the Money. Dyno Proven 250kw+ At the wheels. It was Heavily worked, T04 Turbo, Front Mount Cooler. It was Featured in Hot4s(When it was good) in 1996. It was a Bloody Nice Sigma, Wicked Cerwin Vega System in it.

The Corsa is Brand New, MY04.5 3dr. $13990+$273 for Metallic Paint(Star Silver)+all the usual Charges, Came to a Total of $16761+$595 for Paint Protection Package.
In all that I scammed him for Carpet Mats and $500 Fuel.
Now its the wait to get it, Could here by Friday(Come from Adelaide) or Worse case it will be here @ Start of September.
Check Out: http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/latestoffers?regionId=3 Has the Latest Deal on Barinas There

mr_sikma
10th August 2004, 10:32 AM
i just put my order down on a black my04.5 3 door barina 8)

only extras i got was window tint for $395- and total price drive away came to;

$14,194 :D because of the discount form working at holdens :twisted: