PDA

View Full Version : The Stig SPEAKS!!! In Morse Code!!

gman
3rd December 2008, 01:13 PM
STIG SPEAKS: Morse code expert translates hidden messages in Top Gear...
(from Pistonheads.com)

Anyone who has been watching Top Gear recently will know that The Stig has developed a fondness of the dulcet tones of Morse code while he drives. Because by Sunday evening we have wound down to an appropriate level that befits staring at fast cars and listening to Jeremy Clarkson we don't normally think about what those beeps actually mean.

The boys over at Jalopnik are far more on the ball however and have enlisted one of America’s leading experts on Morse code to, er, de-code the code. While the Stig tortured the new Lexus IS-F around the Top Gear track we heard two bursts of circles and lines - but what do they mean? Apparently this:

Morse code number 1: ‘Too many gears’. No doubt a reference to what Clarkson had said earlier in the show.

Morse code number 2: ‘I like Mr Sulu.’ A fan of I’m a Celebrity Get me out of Here perhaps?

So now we know…

Article: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19064

Wraith
3rd December 2008, 01:25 PM
Hahahah LOL...

But yeh, with an 8 cog automatic, it does seem like at least one too many gears on that car and it could start a trend amongst other manufacturers...

sooty
3rd December 2008, 02:50 PM
Ahahaha, JC did say to listen to it, wouldn't put it past them to hide a secret message:p