PDA

View Full Version : Finally found my steering

feng
6th August 2004, 04:18 PM
Check this out.

I found a decent supplier from Germany willing to give me 16% off for all Irmchser parts. I am ordering this steering wheel from him together with Irmchser gear nobe as well.

If any of you interested in Irmchser staff, check out the http://www.irmscher.de and it should have germany price on it. He will give us 16% discount on everything base on the price listed on that site.

Depending on the interests shown, if not many wants, then few of us can just share the cost of shipping.

Anonymous
6th August 2004, 10:06 PM
duz it come with the air bag?

feng
7th August 2004, 01:45 AM
No, I think it only come with the outer rim, use the existing airbag. Easy swap and its legal.

SIMid
7th August 2004, 05:43 PM
That is a sh!t-hot steering wheel. :twisted:

aussievectra
7th August 2004, 05:55 PM
That looks the same as the vectra CDXi sterring wheel only with the silver finish around the rim. I want to get this one.

feng
7th August 2004, 08:27 PM
aussievectra, the steering above indeed a replacement for the CDXi. Except it is lot more sportier. Apparently, it is standard on European GTS Irmscher model of Vectras. But unfortunately for Aussie specs, we cant even have that as a factory option. Hence I have to source it from Germany myself.

Anonymous
7th August 2004, 11:09 PM
No, I think it only come with the outer rim, use the existing airbag. Easy swap and its legal. is this legal this is on my car

sunny
8th August 2004, 02:47 AM
isnt that tonys car :wink:

astrix
8th August 2004, 03:04 PM
I've been looking at replacing my steering wheel bage on an Astra for some time now. A couple of weeks ago my air bags deployed, so I've had a chance to see how the existing badge is attached.
I'ts got three prongs which go through the air bag cover and have plastic caps welded on to them. The back of the air bag cover is re-enforced with thicker plastic to prevent the caps from pulling through.
If the air bag manufacturers have gone to so much trouble to attach the badge they must be concerned with it comming off when the air bag goes off.
What method of attachment are people using to attach Opel badges to steering wheels?
I can't se how you would replace the cover because it tears along perforations when it deploys.

PRC33Y
8th August 2004, 06:36 PM
Who is the supplier????

Cheers

ultim8DTM5
8th August 2004, 06:55 PM
It will come as the complete wheel meaning you have to use the new one and nothing from the old one.

feng
8th August 2004, 07:15 PM
No, as far as I know you have to use the existing air bag, only the outer rim and possibly the airbag cover. My friends had changed the Mercedes steering wheel, and it was only the outer rim, only took 5 minutes for the job. And he hand a look on my steering wheel and reckons it will be the same. Hope Vectra wouldnt be any harder.

feng
8th August 2004, 07:21 PM
PRC33Y, the supplier is one of the top 100 Irmscher dealer in Germany. However, I'd rather not mention the name in the forum just in case they might get into trouble by supplying goods to Aussie while Holden suppose to be a official supplier. Hope you understand.

Anyway. I will be puting through a order of goodies for myself on Monday. See how I go.

imay
9th August 2004, 08:18 AM
PRC33Y, the supplier is one of the top 100 Irmscher dealer in Germany. However, I'd rather not mention the name in the forum just in case they might get into trouble by supplying goods to Aussie while Holden suppose to be a official supplier.

Trust me: Holden don't give a rats! They are not (and never will be) interested in supplying Irmscher parts. Or any other brand for that matter. The only parts/accessories they supply for Corsa/Astra/Vectra are the parts listed on their website/showroom, because "they are the parts our marketing people have determined will be in demand from the Australian buying public."
So, don't be shy. If you have found a fair and reasonable supplier to deal with, who is willing to supply us Aussies with parts for our cars, share him around. I'm sure you'll be doing him and us a favor.

imay
9th August 2004, 08:19 AM
PRC33Y, the supplier is one of the top 100 Irmscher dealer in Germany. However, I'd rather not mention the name in the forum just in case they might get into trouble by supplying goods to Aussie while Holden suppose to be a official supplier.

Trust me: Holden don't give a rats! They are not (and never will be) interested in supplying Irmscher parts. Or any other brand for that matter. The only parts/accessories they supply for Corsa/Astra/Vectra are the parts listed on their website/showroom, because "they are the parts our marketing people have determined will be in demand from the Australian buying public."
So, don't be shy. If you have found a fair and reasonable supplier to deal with, who is willing to supply us Aussies with parts for our cars, share him around. I'm sure you'll be doing him and us a favor.

b00e
9th August 2004, 10:47 AM
hey i was after the Irmchser front grill, how much can you get that for??

feng
9th August 2004, 10:50 AM
Mr Corsa, that is a nice steering wheel for the Corsa as well. Very similar to the one I am getting for my Vectra CDXi. The price you looking at is around 300Euro + P&H. And possibly the tax in Aussie. Bloody even cheaper than mine. :evil:

imay at al, I already emailed the supplier requesting their permission to post the company on this community. Just that I do not want this deal ended up like what happen to Harmut in the other best deal threat.

feng
10th August 2004, 09:16 AM
b00e, I think there are different type of grills for Astra. just go to the german websit www.irmscher.de and check out the price and minus 16%. then + P&H. If you want it quick, let me know we can ship your grill together with my steering wheel and gear nobe.

I got the reply from the supplier in German, he has no problem naming his company name in this forum. Its called Autohaus Sagehorn company. However, he prefers to deal with one contact only from Australia(ME) rather than everybody sending the requests for the small orders.

As he sounded very trust worthy and honest during our email conversation. Even allow me to pay goodies by Credit Card(hence protected by the bank). We will see how my first order go. I have researched so many sites on the internet, only to find this German supplier with this excellent price.

So if you ever need anything, just let me know, all I will do is put the order through for you, then get the parts shipped to your address. Personally I am not make any money out of this, hence I do not want to collect, send parcel or even have to deal with customs.

Forgot to add, He has 3 levels of P&H charges. Using DHL ground, usually takes 2-3 weeks to reach Australia.
<5kg - 40Euro
5-10kg - 55Euro
10-20kg - 85Euro

So its the best if you can gather together for a good size order and share the cost.