PDA

View Full Version : VIC: VXRs now $36,990 (including Nurburgring Edition)

GreyRex
29th November 2008, 09:18 PM
I saw this in yesterdays CarsGuide (Vic paper), but no one has mentioned it

Out of the blue, HSV has lowered the price of the VXR to $36,990!! Some are drive away!!

It looks to only be '08 stock, but if you can possibly comprimise on your colour (obviously as there are no options), then there seem to be some genuine deals

From the paper this is what I can see:

- Page 24 - HSV '08 Plate Clearance... VXR 3 door hatch $36,990. This add then lists all HSV dealerships, but doesn't include onroads

- Kevin Dennis in Sunshine have what looks to be a demo for $36,990. They also say they have Number 1/20 of the Nurburgring

- Alan Mance seem to have (possibly) the best deal, as they are advertising the Nurburgring for $36,990 Drive Away!! This one seems crazy as the Dealership i went to in Dandenong had one two weeks ago (which apparently is now gone)... and the placard they had made for it stated just over $44K onroad

Why couldnt I have been in the market for mine now? LOL

dieselhead
29th November 2008, 10:21 PM
Not surprising at all considering what is GM going through right now. I'd bet you could get a VXR for not much over $30k in January. Pretty tough times for Holden owners ahead...

USC
29th November 2008, 11:23 PM
When I was shopping for my Sri-T, I found kevin Dennis to be expensive and the salesman was rude.
Alance mance on the other hand is quite good.

CNBLU
30th November 2008, 12:29 AM
Think theres a second hand one with 30,000kms going for 29k

That pretty cheap....

Shaun
30th November 2008, 09:37 AM
Means the ass drops out of your trade in though if you were to trade a car in. My dealer i purchased my VXR from rang me to see if want the Nurburgring edtion about a week and a half ago.I told them they need to basically need to do it with about a grand in change over for me to buy it. They still havent come back to me at this point.

The discount on all stock runs out on the 24.12.2008 though.

kabel
30th November 2008, 10:49 AM
City Motors HSV has an Arden Blue VXR demo for $32,990 drive away + stamp duty. They also have a Clubsports discounted about $12,000.
Also they have sold at least two W427`s at 150k...go figure !

Vectracious
30th November 2008, 11:25 AM
When I was shopping for my Sri-T, I found kevin Dennis to be expensive and the salesman was rude.
Alance mance on the other hand is quite good.

wow, same thing happened to me 8 years ago when I bought my Vectra - looks like things still haven't changed with those two dealerships.

Hope someone from Kevin Dennis is reading this.

GreyRex
30th November 2008, 12:55 PM
wow, same thing happened to me 8 years ago when I bought my Vectra - looks like things still haven't changed with those two dealerships.

Hope someone from Kevin Dennis is reading this.

If Alan Mance has a dealership in Footscray, that's where i bought mine from

xplosv57
30th November 2008, 04:47 PM
- Kevin Dennis in Sunshine have what looks to be a demo for $36,990. They also say they have Number 1/20 of the Nurburgring

- Alan Mance seem to have (possibly) the best deal, as they are advertising the Nurburgring for $36,990 Drive Away!! This one seems crazy as the Dealership i went to in Dandenong had one two weeks ago (which apparently is now gone)... and the placard they had made for it stated just over $44K onroad

Went yesterday to a few places, Booran has a red VXR with 3500km for 34k, but i'd get my haggling cap on and get that down below 30k!!

Also mentioned the Nurburgring VXR for 36k driveaway here a few days ago, such a bargain!!

If you were definetely in the market for a VXR though, i'd be heading to the Sunshine dealer, which is rumoured to have gone belly up which equals massive savings!!

Means the ass drops out of your trade in though if you were to trade a car in.

Definetely not the case, i've got some ridiculous offers on my current car for trade in even when the car for sale has already had a big price cut!!

Senor Ed
30th November 2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah i got my sri-t from artur at alan mance footscray as well...

I was a Kevin Dennis man but man the service at alan mance kicks arse there.

See what kind of deal they can get u there

Wraith
1st December 2008, 12:48 PM
Definitely a good time for anyone wanting a new vehicle in the GMH range !!!

If your a serious buyer, you'll do better than those listed prices above !!!

You should be able to get a new VXR floor stock example for 35k drive-away and alot cheaper for an ex-demo !!! - like I said if your serious, ie: you go into the dealer ready to sign paperwork, believe me, they'll bend over backwards for you... ;)

Mitsubishi, Mazda and Toyota have also got some bargains going...

Calibrated
1st December 2008, 01:01 PM
wonder if they will do an SRi-T for a straight trade on my CDTi LOL.

Wraith
1st December 2008, 01:18 PM
wonder if they will do an SRi-T for a straight trade on my CDTi LOL.

Most likely not, but I'll bet you could get a brand new floor stock Sri T for well under 30k straight up drive-away without a trade in !

Give it a shot, see what your left to pay after a trade in figure on yours - it might be a goer ;)

I'm tempted to do the same with my Calibra on a new CDTi or maybe a VXR :)

SSS_Hoon
1st December 2008, 01:38 PM
mmm, interesting indeed.

SSS_Hoon

Calibrated
1st December 2008, 01:45 PM
Most likely not, but I'll bet you could get a brand new floor stock Sri T for well under 30k straight up drive-away without a trade in !

Give it a shot, see what your left to pay after a trade in figure on yours - it might be a goer ;)

nah was just taking the piss. im doing the opposite. the cdti will go to make place for another cali turbo.. its just the way it was meant to be...

Vectra V6
1st December 2008, 04:03 PM

You know you want a VXR :dance:

TheOperator
1st December 2008, 04:20 PM
Had my 09 SRI-T for a month and already had dealer call and ask if i was interested in a VXR for "the right price".

Thought it was kind of a joke but maybe might be worth investigating now i've read this ;)

Same dealer offered me a SS V Sportwagon for 40k driveaway for the Mrs which is crazy money considering they were 52k a month ago :eek:

rjastra
1st December 2008, 04:48 PM
Same dealer offered me a SS V Sportwagon for 40k driveaway for the Mrs which is crazy money considering they were 52k a month ago :eek:

Someone was offered a 6L auto Calais V-Spec for 45K drive away.

Shaun
1st December 2008, 06:06 PM
Had my 09 SRI-T for a month and already had dealer call and ask if i was interested in a VXR for "the right price".

Thought it was kind of a joke but maybe might be worth investigating now i've read this ;)

Same deal here. Dealership i bought my VXR from rang me to see if i am interested in buying a VXR Nurburgring .

OPC
1st December 2008, 10:47 PM
ill be sellin my VXR soon...

either trade in for a como wagon or sell it private and buy a legnum wagon

Wraith
2nd December 2008, 01:09 PM
You know you want a VXR :dance:

Not really, it's just some enthusiasm generated by the current price falls :)

I do want a new DD (daily drive) to replace my Calibra, but it must be efficient (turbo diesel or small N/A 4 pot) and pratical (5 door hatch or 4 door sedan) so the VXR dosn't really fit the bill, however at the current pricing, it is tempting :)

Wraith
2nd December 2008, 01:11 PM
ill be sellin my VXR soon...

either trade in for a como wagon or sell it private and buy a legnum wagon

My neighbour has one OPC, just the normal V6 - IMHO fantastic vehicle...

He got it for just over 30k drive-away with a trade in of an old Subaru :)

Calibrated
2nd December 2008, 01:11 PM
Not really, it's just some enthusiasm generated by the current price falls :)

I do want a new DD (daily drive) to replace my Calibra, but it must be efficient (turbo diesel or small N/A 4 pot) and pratical (5 door hatch or 4 door sedan) so the VXR dosn't really fit the bill, however at the current pricing, it is tempting :)
i hope when you say, replace the calibra, you mean, replace it as a DD, not replace it in the garage....

Wraith
2nd December 2008, 01:22 PM
i hope when you say, replace the calibra, you mean, replace it as a DD, not replace it in the garage....

You raise a very very good point Calibrated...

I've been thinking about this one alot for about 18 months now, because the Calibra would have to go if I get a new DD and I know I'll miss her badly :(

Reason is because they'll be no room for another vehicle to be kept garaged, I want to keep all my cars undercover, especially the Cali to preserve its condition and as you know, I'm in the market for a new 'pride n joy' machine, which will get a spot in the garage, so one of my other cars has to live outside - I couldn't bare to have the Cali live like that, so would prefer to sell it to a good home...

That's why I'm more looking at a very cheap new DD (even a Viva) or a S/H 'normal' vehicle which won't worry me too much if left outside and not garaged when at home...

Calibrated
2nd December 2008, 01:45 PM
pfft my cali is in the garage, and the astra sleeps outside. lol

buy a bigger house with more garages..

Wraith
2nd December 2008, 03:35 PM
pfft my cali is in the garage, and the astra sleeps outside. lol

buy a bigger house with more garages..

Already got 2, both with double garages :)

ATM the Cali, Astra vert, new Mazda Tribute and S13 Silvia are all garaged...

If the Silvia goes, that'll help, but missus wants to keep it, see what happens :)

My Bro' house has an integral 4 car garage, it's absolutely massive, could fit up to 6 cars in there, I should swap houses with him LOL :D

Calibrated
2nd December 2008, 03:39 PM
piss the silvia off

USC
2nd December 2008, 03:55 PM
In my opinion, the Nurburgring Edition looks quite ugly. I dont like the white body with white wheels...YUK. Also the missing side trims make it just look odd. The carbon fibre mirrors looks even more odd on a white car...like they are missing or something.

I would much rather have the standard VXR.

Wraith
3rd December 2008, 08:13 AM
piss the silvia off

Missus won't let me and she dosn't want the Cali, even though it's the much better car :(

I'm hoping my Bro buys the Cali, that way it stays in the family and has a good home :)

Wraith
3rd December 2008, 08:16 AM
In my opinion, the Nurburgring Edition looks quite ugly. I dont like the white body with white wheels...YUK. Also the missing side trims make it just look odd. The carbon fibre mirrors looks even more odd on a white car...like they are missing or something.

I would much rather have the standard VXR.

+ 1 totally agree and have said so in the other threads regarding the Nurb. VXR...

I'd go for a standard one over the Nurb anyday...or if I got a Nurb. I'd get a set of the standard 19's put on it and get rid of that stupid graphic...

My fav. is the new silver lightning colour VXR :)