PDA

View Full Version : Personalised Plates

BEK-46P
27th November 2008, 08:07 PM
What is your opinion on them in general? Unique or wanky? I want to upgrade my plates to the new silver-on-blacks and was thinking I may as well get them personalised.

Who's got them?

Ice
27th November 2008, 08:48 PM
depends what it says mate but everyone will say different !

right now I like the Euro plates but make it unique to your car. After all you are the one going to be driving it and you are going to be looking at it.

when i see plates like "flysik" Fully sick just an example i think tosser, plates like "CNBLU" for eg are pretty cool because thats all you see of his car, haha and its something different, something catchy even.
youll get so many mixed responses on here im sure. I say Go Euro ;)

sadavidsriturbo
27th November 2008, 09:27 PM
I managed to score OPEL silver on black and i dont mind it havent had any negative comments (yet) just as long as you dont get claud1 or jeff69 if you know what i mean;)

USC
27th November 2008, 09:46 PM
I managed to score OPEL silver on black and i dont mind it havent had any negative comments (yet) just as long as you dont get claud1 or jeff69 if you know what i mean;)

its funny...people debadge their cars, then chose to have OPEL on their number plates..haha

sadavidsriturbo
27th November 2008, 09:50 PM
its funny...people debadge their cars, then chose to have OPEL on their number plates..haha

I know what you mean but a number plate is compulsory so why not have the brand or some thing similar? My mate actually had RAW.069 on his car the dirty looks we would get from the older crowd was Hilarious

BEK-46P
27th November 2008, 10:10 PM
Haha, the Euro plates. I was considerin the Euro plates also and everyone I told was like "but your car isn't European..." But the N that precedes every plate isn't really appealing to me.

I was thinking of getting "STE1TH" or "ST31TH" (STEALTH) since I got my black rims, but one is taken and the other has an annual fee of $500!

USC
27th November 2008, 10:35 PM
I know what you mean but a number plate is compulsory so why not have the brand or some thing similar? My mate actually had RAW.069 on his car the dirty looks we would get from the older crowd was Hilarious

haha..I like that one... RAW069!!! lol..wish I had that plate:D

How about "ST3LTH"? looks better without the 1...but its up to u.

BEK-46P
27th November 2008, 10:40 PM
haha..I like that one... RAW069!!! lol..wish I had that plate:D

How about "ST3LTH"? looks better without the 1...but its up to u.

I wish I could get that but you have to stick to a certain letter-number combo, it's like 2 letters, then 2 numbers, then 2 letters again.

sadavidsriturbo
27th November 2008, 10:45 PM
I wish I could get that but you have to stick to a certain letter-number combo, it's like 2 letters, then 2 numbers, then 2 letters again.

That sucks ass big time :mad:

ROCCO
27th November 2008, 11:31 PM
plates like "CNBLU" for eg are pretty cool

Ice you may want to wipe your nose...you seem to have some brown on it :dance:

sadavidsriturbo
28th November 2008, 12:38 AM

Ha ha :clap:

Astra VXD
28th November 2008, 04:37 AM
Personalised plates for the win :D

i'm looking to get a plate soon for the car thinking A14 VXD

A - April month of birth
14 - date in the month
VXD - name of the car :D

Steve

Ice
28th November 2008, 08:09 AM

i Know ;)

Calibrated
28th November 2008, 09:18 AM
i cant stand standard plates. lol. they irritate me. hehe.

i have RSA-85 (Republic of South Africa + Birth year) on the astra.
and 47CHU (ATCHU - "sneeze") that was on the turbo cali (and might be in use again soon :D )

Red AH SRI T
28th November 2008, 09:22 AM
I think the new Black Euro's look really good on the Astra, but your choice of the Silver on Black will also look great.

ST 31 TH won't cost u $500 a year, cause u are sticking to the standard content of 2 letter, 2 numbers, 2 letters.

CNBLU
28th November 2008, 09:26 AM

He's only telling the truth :p

depends what it says mate but everyone will say different !

right now I like the Euro plates but make it unique to your car. After all you are the one going to be driving it and you are going to be looking at it.

when i see plates like "flysik" Fully sick just an example i think tosser, plates like "CNBLU" for eg are pretty cool because thats all you see of his car, haha and its something different, something catchy even.
youll get so many mixed responses on here im sure. I say Go Euro ;)

Getting personal plates is a tricky one, just make sure you dont limit yourself to getting one specifically for your current car. You want to be able to put it on another car if need be.

immenotu
28th November 2008, 09:50 AM
Getting personal plates is a tricky one, just make sure you dont limit yourself to getting one specifically for your current car. You want to be able to put it on another car if need be.

That reasoning isnt really relevant in NSW as we dont actually 'buy' our plates, so we never own them. We pretty much rent them each year so when you get a new car you can just get new plates that suit your new car.

Very true point in other states tho :)

tim_
28th November 2008, 09:52 AM
I just have TIM-713 (for the 13th of July). It's personal to me, not my car, but without costing me $400 per year, or being wanky. I think name ones are fine. It's where they try to say clever things thats bad

CNBLU
28th November 2008, 09:54 AM
That reasoning isnt really relevant in NSW as we dont actually 'buy' our plates, so we never own them. We pretty much rent them each year so when you get a new car you can just get new plates that suit your new car.

My bad forgot about that one...

EL BURITO
28th November 2008, 11:53 AM
I have personal plates
EL BURITO and are on there second car now

I also have ELG 024 on my moped, but will let them go when that sells

TheOperator
28th November 2008, 01:39 PM

Thats true if you get plates afresh now in NSW!!

If you managed to get yours before the system changed a few years ago you actually own them and never pay a fee each year!

The RTA bought the new system in to stop all the profiteers who were putting many different plates in storage and then selling them!!! They were missing out on the profits but more importantly they were running out of combinations for plates in a hurry, so put a stop to it.

Snotty
28th November 2008, 01:43 PM
the nsw governement/rta is looking at privatising its non standand numberplate business, so you may see more styles of plates similar to PPQ in queensland in the future.