PDA

View Full Version : NOVUS Windscreen = CRAP!

USC
24th November 2008, 11:26 PM
Got the windscreen on my gf`s car replaced today by Novus. I was watching the guy do it and observed the following:

1. Freaking Careless
2. Damaged rubbers on the door
3. Scratched paintwork
4. Damaged Wiper plastic crawl
5. Did not install moulding around windscreen 100 % correctly
6. Did not clean the body before putting glue

ALL I can say is what a DISGRACE! NOVUS windscreen sucks big time and their work is of VERY VERY POOR quality. Makes me feel sick!:mad:..I wanted to punch his face.

What is your experience with Windscreen fitters? Any reputable one around?

Neeko
25th November 2008, 12:43 AM
damn eh that sucks...
all depends on who the person is thats working on ur car though. some people just dont show much respect towards other peoples cars its shocking.

kalous
25th November 2008, 12:55 AM
i once had the passenger window replaced on a commodore. when i wound the window down after a day or so, it fell off the runners and scratched the window. he obviously had put it back on the runners propeerly, and then didnt want to fix it:mad:, but he did eventually

glider
25th November 2008, 06:56 AM
take your complaint to novus, its the only way they'll get better (by dealing with the people who need a swift kick)

Greg K
25th November 2008, 09:34 AM
might just be the person you dealt with mate... i had a chip in the windscreen fixed by a Novus guy last month and seemed to be pretty efficient in his work. But as other have said, some people just dont care about other peoples property...

best bet would be to contact Novus and make a formal complaint. (and take plenty of photos)

JohnBu
25th November 2008, 09:58 AM
i agree,

since they are pretty much franchisees, you cannot compare Novus in one area to another.

Having said that, lodge a complaint, i'm sure all the other Novus' franchisees would appreciate it.

USC
25th November 2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys. How do I lodge a complaint to Novus?

Brucey
25th November 2008, 07:20 PM
Take photos of the damage around the window

Get the name of the person who serviced you car date, time, location, price etc.

Type a written report or an email and send it to the head office. Ring the head office and tell them what happened first and then send the info off.

Remember to get as many photos as possible and get all the details correct.

low astra
26th November 2008, 07:28 PM
also was the paint that got scratched covered by the glue that holds in the windscreen?

i had one replaced by a local guy from the paper who was awesome, and almost 200 cheaper than novus,
my dad had issues with a novus windscreen leaking and they just came out and put more glue around the screen, they didnt want to pull it out and reseal it properly

USC
26th November 2008, 10:48 PM
nah.. I noticed a couple of scratches on the side of the door that closes on the A pillar..not happy.

The windscreen was also installed a bit lower than before and there is a mark on the roof where the old moulding used to sit:mad:

Sent an email to head office - they said to bring it in for inspection. We`ll see what they say. My gf`s car is a 1990 model..so we are not too worried as long as it does not leak, but just really angry that they did not really care since we even got new genuine windscreen moulding!!