PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sydney

Topdown
21st November 2008, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone

Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself. My names Anthony and I am the proud owner of a 2003 Astra convertible turbo. Bought it a few weeks back and at the moment its stock standard but judging by what the engine is capable of I don't think it'll stay that way for long.

Look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about my car :)

Topdown
21st November 2008, 09:39 PM
Thought I'd post a pic as well. Was taken during and after a long detailing process soon after I got my car. Was washed, clay barred and waxed with the new meguiars tech wax. Can highly recommend it for use.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/Innervations/Picture016.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/Innervations/Picture005.jpg

auzvectra
21st November 2008, 09:57 PM
hey, welcome to the site ;).
for the 1st step in performance, contact gman for the remap ;).

poita
21st November 2008, 10:23 PM
ooooooooooh turbo vert, very nice mate.

i bet wraith hasnt replied cause he's still cleaning up his mess :p

Topdown
21st November 2008, 11:07 PM
thanks for the welcome, whats involved in a remap btw? would it cause the car to drink more fuel?

Took your advice poita and called autovaux on monday for the timing belt and water pump kit. Cost me $270 landed and bloody DHL came while I was at work this morning and now I gotta go down to their depot and pick it up bah. A few more components to go mainly spark plugs and fuel and cabin filter and i'll be right for my 60k which will be due in a few weeks.

auzvectra
22nd November 2008, 12:59 AM
in most cases it's beta on fuel ;), depends how much of it's life is spent on boost and at high rpm :D.
the remap is only $400 and ask most the people on here, 1 of if not the best mod for them, certainly the best $$ vs KW neway ;)

although gman is constantly between sydney n hong kong, so u might need to wait for it.

poita
22nd November 2008, 06:04 PM
good to see mate, rock on Autovaux :D