PDA

View Full Version : Insignia wins Euro COTY

cdxi
18th November 2008, 10:05 AM
The Insignia has won the European COTY award by 1 point (321 to 320) over Ford's Fiesta. The Golf VI was third.

Apparently, Opel/Vauxhall has not won a Euro COTY for 22 years, with 4 second places in that time.

rjastra
18th November 2008, 02:06 PM
The Insignia has won the European COTY award by 1 point (321 to 320) over Ford's Fiesta. The Golf VI was third.

Apparently, Opel/Vauxhall has not won a Euro COTY for 22 years, with 4 second places in that time.

Hmmm, i think the Peugeot 307, Alfa 147 and Toyota Echo have all won eCoty :)

Calibrated
18th November 2008, 02:08 PM
and your point is?

rjastra
18th November 2008, 06:30 PM
and your point is?

Its widely held as the most pointless COTY in the world :)

Calibrated
18th November 2008, 06:37 PM
Its widely held as the most pointless COTY in the world :)

good for you captain negative

rjastra
18th November 2008, 09:39 PM
good for you captain negative

Captain pragmatist :)

Look into the politics and voting scheme and you will understand why European Coty is pointless.

And undoubtedly you wouldn't have even mentioned it if it was, let's say, a toyota ;)

bornwild
18th November 2008, 09:50 PM

And all of those have brought something new to the car industry, a lot of cars copying them.

I think it's good that the Insignia has been recognised as Opel is in deep shit over in the EU

Apex
19th November 2008, 08:20 AM
Good stuff, shame we aren’t getting them.

cdxi
19th November 2008, 09:56 AM
Captain pragmatist :)

Look into the politics and voting scheme and you will understand why European Coty is pointless.

And undoubtedly you wouldn't have even mentioned it if it was, let's say, a toyota ;)

I raised the Insignia's win because this is an Opel based forum and I thought it was appropriate to acknowledge.

If we're talking pointless COTY awards, look carefully into just about all of them...........

rjastra
19th November 2008, 01:41 PM
And all of those have brought something new to the car industry, a lot of cars copying them.
I think it's good that the Insignia has been recognised as Opel is in deep shit over in the EU

The reason I choose those few is because they really didn't display any new attributes ;)

Calibrated
19th November 2008, 01:49 PM
The reason I choose those few is because they really didn't display any new attributes ;)
good for you.

the insignia has plenty reasons to have won, its already recieved huge media acclaim. so just go back to your corner.

Red AH SRI T
20th November 2008, 09:28 AM
Its nice to see the Insignia win. Now lets just hope Holden grows some balls and bring it here ;-)

This also bodes well for GM for the many cars that will be based off this platform such as the up coming long over due new Saab 9-5