PDA

View Full Version : ECU Updates

ROCCO
16th November 2008, 05:15 PM
Hi All,

quick question does anyone know if holden get ecu updates for different cars? reason I ask is well i'm curious. Like can you request that they hook a tech 2 system up to your car and update your ecu to the most current one available? I'm kinda anal when it comes to these kind of things.
its like my motherboard bios on my comp i like to run the most current one.

Thanks...oh by the way I have a Astra h

auzvectra
16th November 2008, 05:21 PM
yes they have updates, some never get them, but most do ;).
they normally only update when there is a problem, but u can ask them to check for you to see if you have the lastest software version ;).

ROCCO
16th November 2008, 06:23 PM
cool...reason I ask i have a problem someitmes with a flat spot usually in first around 2500 to 3500 then its fine...really shits me...might have to email there service departments and ask them

vectraguy01
16th November 2008, 06:24 PM
if u got a remap that flat spot would disappear!

auzvectra
16th November 2008, 07:59 PM
their talkin a facotry ecu update chris :p.

ROCCO
16th November 2008, 07:59 PM
Where do i get a remap for a Astra Cd from? And at what price?

auzvectra
16th November 2008, 08:12 PM
we cant do the Ah yet sorry ;).

DirtyHarry
17th November 2008, 08:14 AM
youll find the dealer might have them, it depends if they buy them. As far as im aware i think they have to purchase them or something (but i could be wrong) and i found from previous experience, they wont update it unless you take your car to get it serviced from them. But what you could do is say book it for a warranty service and say that you can hear your car ping sometimes and that maybe it needs new software or something (do it with a blank look on your face). thats what i did with my car, apparently they updated the software- the mechanic said i had outdated software and that he updated it.

stevedee3
17th November 2008, 10:24 PM
Like can you request that they hook a tech 2 system up to your car and update your ecu to the most current one available?Yes, you can. Chances are they'll ask you to pay for it though.