PDA

View Full Version : Licence Plates

Geebs
16th November 2008, 01:55 PM
Finally changing the VIC rego back to NSW... Need to get new plates...

Car is an Arden Blue VXR, I was thinking...

Black Euro
White Euro
Blue normal
White normal

I got some personalised white ones im getting out of storage for the time being but thinking I might change them....

Im leaning toward the Black Euro - although they must start with N, which sucks....

Any ideas?

Black Nugget
16th November 2008, 01:59 PM
Finally changing the VIC rego back to NSW... Need to get new plates...

Car is an Arden Blue VXR, I was thinking...

Black Euro
White Euro
Blue normal
White normal

I got some personalised white ones im getting out of storage for the time being but thinking I might change them....

Im leaning toward the Black Euro - although they must start with N, which sucks....

Any ideas?

Hey man ive got balck euros and love em

However they have a fair chunk of gold which does not look that great with colors apart from black silver and white IMHO.

But if you are considering, a funny one availble is NOB 81G

btm
18th November 2008, 09:15 AM
i'd go for blue normal geebs

Wraith
18th November 2008, 12:57 PM
Blue or black normal 'slimlines' IMHO :)

rjastra
18th November 2008, 02:08 PM
Get the ones you dont have to pay for each year. Remember, the personalised plate business is to be privatised... so you could be up for each $$$$ each year.

SSS_Hoon
18th November 2008, 02:16 PM
yeah in NSW if u get personal plates u have to pay for them.

I have 2 sets of plates well 3 if u include the wifes.

2 sets we got before the pay each year thing came in so that is good, but 1 set i have to pay 90 each year for, and 50 each year for storage of the ones that i not using.

But this being said i am looking at getting new plates yet again. Or just swap the ones i have over.

SSS_Hoon

btm
18th November 2008, 02:22 PM
yeah i pay about $400/year for my plates :mad:

xplosv57
18th November 2008, 02:42 PM
yeah i pay about $400/year for my plates :mad:

Is that on top of regular car registration??

SSS_Hoon
18th November 2008, 04:10 PM

Yes, yes it is.

SSS_Hoon

btm
18th November 2008, 04:21 PM

Yes, yes it is.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ASTRAY
18th November 2008, 04:43 PM
i pay $480 a yr for plates.

i was thinking about other plate combos today and thought of wld-opl
or yld-opl, not for my car of course, im happy with mine, was just thinking of different combos.

i say get the blue, with white letters if possible..
hehe how about blu-loo :p

or blu-you
or blu-opl
or ibluu2 ( i blew you too)
or blueu2
or blue4u

yeah some might sound crap, was just trying to find something for you, who knows you might like one.
could prob think of more but i dunno what your aiming for.

poita
18th November 2008, 10:45 PM
rock on QLD, paid for em once
thats it :D

immenotu
18th November 2008, 11:04 PM

Shutup :p :D

To make matters worse, someone just took the plates i wanted to get :mad:. Back to the drawing board again!

On topic...i think white slimlines, blue would be good but only if the blue matches the paint perfectly (im really picky lol)

Geebs
19th November 2008, 11:01 PM
Well I changed the rego over today. They wanted me to hand in my personalised VIC plates, I told them to shove it. In VIC you 'own' the plates, here you only lease them. I paid a one off $350 or so for the plates in VIC and here they are more than that annually - what a joke.

I ended up getting a set of the white slimline ones I had in storage. Just my initials. They are the standard 3 letter 3 number, and I don't have to pay annual fee as I got them years ago prior to the new laws. Does anyone know if I will have to pay annual fee if I keep the same combo but change to blue?

I remember the same process when I moved from NSW to VIC, so easy, this was a nightmare..... They even tried to charge me stamp duty as the receipt I had for the payment I made when I bought the car did not have reference to the actual vehicle - despite the fact I had the contract of sale and the amounts were exactly the same - I swear they are bitter assh*oles.

GreyRex
19th November 2008, 11:25 PM
Well I changed the rego over today. They wanted me to hand in my personalised VIC plates, I told them to shove it. In VIC you 'own' the plates, here you only lease them. I paid a one off $350 or so for the plates in VIC and here they are more than that annually - what a joke.

I ended up getting a set of the white slimline ones I had in storage. Just my initials. They are the standard 3 letter 3 number, and I don't have to pay annual fee as I got them years ago prior to the new laws. Does anyone know if I will have to pay annual fee if I keep the same combo but change to blue?

I remember the same process when I moved from NSW to VIC, so easy, this was a nightmare..... They even tried to charge me stamp duty as the receipt I had for the payment I made when I bought the car did not have reference to the actual vehicle - despite the fact I had the contract of sale and the amounts were exactly the same - I swear they are bitter assh*oles.

Exactly

VicRoads would have to be one of the worst companies I know (i dont deal with Telstra etc), in terms of what they charge, assistance, their website, trying to get through to their contact centre (i think i've only got through once after waiting 10-15mins). It is absolutely pathetic. How an organisation can run so pathetically in this day and age is beyond me

So dealing with one from interstate; i can only imagine.

Keep us posted :)

Geebs
19th November 2008, 11:58 PM
Exactly

VicRoads would have to be one of the worst companies I know (i dont deal with Telstra etc), in terms of what they charge, assistance, their website, trying to get through to their contact centre (i think i've only got through once after waiting 10-15mins). It is absolutely pathetic. How an organisation can run so pathetically in this day and age is beyond me

So dealing with one from interstate; i can only imagine.

Keep us posted :)

I was actually saying the opposite lol The same process when I moved to VIC was seamless. This process (dealing with RTA in Sydney) has been a nightmare, and everything is so much more expensive!!!!!

ASTRAY
20th November 2008, 12:46 AM
the trouble is its not like a supermarket or electrical shop, if you dont like the service you cant just go to the "other" rta and give your cash to them.
re fees if you go blue, id say you would have to pay the annual $500, cos the new plates are going to be created now, not 10 or so years ago.

Apex
20th November 2008, 09:11 AM

Same here! Woot Woot :D

$500 + $200 for a Europlate once.

Scrap that, its now $899 for a Europlate with six letter combo!!