PDA

View Full Version : MY09 Astra Sri Turbo

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 02:25 PM
Hey,

As the title suggests just got a MY09 Sri Turbo a few weeks back and pretty happy with it so far.

Gets way more looks than i expected which is a shock.

Looking forward to getting info from here and maybe meeting some people at some point

sadavidsriturbo
14th November 2008, 02:49 PM
What colour? I got a black one, here are some pics but like you said turns a lot more heads than i ever expected

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/davidpsri/16102008391-1.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/davidpsri/18082008323.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/davidpsri/16102008389.jpg

Stereo pics in sig are my old one post some pics of yours in members rides ;)

sooty
14th November 2008, 02:57 PM
Welcome mate, prob the first my09 on here :D

Calibrated
14th November 2008, 03:24 PM
way to hi-jack his thread david. lol.

welcome to the forum

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the replies!

sadavidsriturbo - i got a silver one, red was not for me and as much as i liked the black the silver did it for me more :)

I'm getting it tinted and having Eibach Pro Kit installed in next few weeks so ill post pics in members area when done!

Diesel145 - yeah im not sure there would be many if any 09's around, i was very lucky to get mine as my employer has many business interests including over 20 dealerships and called in some favours otherwisw i had to wait till Feb/Mar next year :eek:

moose_factor
14th November 2008, 03:44 PM
Welcome matey...nice already have Eibach's lined up aye...

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah Moose getting them done ASAP.

Will be first car i've owned that i've only put springs in (always had coilovers), but with the SPORT button etc its the only way i guess but seems effective.

moose_factor
14th November 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah Moose getting them done ASAP.

Will be first car i've owned that i've only put springs in (always had coilovers), but with the SPORT button etc its the only way i guess but seems effective.

True that...what else you got planned for the ride?

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 04:14 PM
Considering a wheel upgrade in future to a forged BBS rim (or something along those lines) in 20 inches, much like the Mercedes and BMW tuners do in Germany. Spent a lot of time over there and still cannot believe what they do!!!

Then keep stock wheels for long trips, snow and maybe fitment of semi slicks should i decide to get into Track Days again.

Dowie
14th November 2008, 04:21 PM
Hey mate and welcome.
Dont forget to post some pictures of up.
What other cars have you had over the years?

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 04:39 PM
Hey Dowie thanks.

Over the years ive had:

* 1990 Camry (first car) - the shame of it :D
* 1995 Peugeot 306 s16 - was a good thing for time
* 1999 Peugeot 306 Gti6 - was my baby i parted with 18 months ago, had the works all imported from Europe
*2001 Subaru Liberty B4 - inherited from old man when he moved overseas for work again in 02, stroker motor, forged 19s etc etc
*2007 Suzuki Swift Sport - was a gap car i bought to have some fun in, 18's, coilovers and half the Suzuki Sport catalogue later was over it for lack of power

sadavidsriturbo
14th November 2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the replies!

sadavidsriturbo - i got a silver one, red was not for me and as much as i liked the black the silver did it for me more :)

I'm getting it tinted and having Eibach Pro Kit installed in next few weeks so ill post pics in members area when done!

Diesel145 - yeah im not sure there would be many if any 09's around, i was very lucky to get mine as my employer has many business interests including over 20 dealerships and called in some favours otherwisw i had to wait till Feb/Mar next year :eek:

Sorry about the hi jacking and welcome to O.A. I was 2 minds about colour my brother got a silver one and i got a black one excellent choice i kinda like silver more now

TheOperator
14th November 2008, 06:03 PM
No worries dude i didn't think you hi-jacked the thread, more showing me your ride which is all good in my books

Hackstra
15th November 2008, 09:44 AM
Howd you like the B4? I've always wanted one, did the blue interior ever grow on you or did you like it? I dont particularly like it but love the car

immenotu
15th November 2008, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the site mate...good to have another Newcastle member!

Might see you around sometime.

TheOperator
17th November 2008, 07:57 AM
Howd you like the B4? I've always wanted one, did the blue interior ever grow on you or did you like it? I dont particularly like it but love the car

The interior is a love/hate relationship for most people, for me some days i loathed it and others i loved it. I still think they should have done all black leather or a black/grey combo.

The B4 itself was a good thing, however you need to think of it as more of a grand tourer in stock form than a real performance car. It did everything well but was a bigger and heaver car aimed at different market!

The only thing that let it down stock was the twin turbo setup and the big gap between the first turbo and second one kicking in, however forget this and it was a bullet for what it was. However once you throw an exhaust and a ecu etc in it was a different car and a weapon ;)

TheOperator
17th November 2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the site mate...good to have another Newcastle member!

Might see you around sometime.

Yeah thanks was not sure if anyone from Newcastle was here!!

You may see me round but it sure won't be around the forershore area :D

Greg K
17th November 2008, 01:24 PM
Welcome mate!

immenotu
17th November 2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah thanks was not sure if anyone from Newcastle was here!!

You may see me round but it sure won't be around the forershore area :D

Haha i dont blame you, i dont go around the foreshore either :D

What area are you usually around?

PS. i did see a silver SRi-T giving it a bootfull near Wesfield Kotara yesterday lol, wasn't you was it?

TheOperator
17th November 2008, 04:24 PM
Haha i dont blame you, i dont go around the foreshore either :D

What area are you usually around?

PS. i did see a silver SRi-T giving it a bootfull near Wesfield Kotara yesterday lol, wasn't you was it?

Usually around Hamilton and Merewether areas.

I was around Westfield 4ish yesterday but i dont recall giving it anything really, however i know there is a 06 SRi turbo round town in silver that drives like a idiot, may have been him ;)

9090GO
21st November 2008, 04:45 PM
Nice car and welcome to OA!