PDA

View Full Version : No N/A V6 Insignia?

Jerram
12th November 2008, 11:41 PM
Reading through the Wikipedia article on the Insignia (100% reliable of course) I saw that there would be 9 engine choices, however the only V6 would be a Turbo 2.8 (assuming similar to the one from the not-sold-here Vectra C F/L OPC variant).

I find it interesting that they do not give an aspirated V6, and think that if it were to have any chance here then Holden would probably have to offer one. (Though then I guess it's back to the old problem of competing against the c-o-whore.)

Also amongst those 9 engines are some interesting ones, including a petrol 1.6 turbo. Also there's no N/A 2.0 petrol, though the 2 litre turbo is there.

dannysport18
13th November 2008, 09:14 AM
the Turbo engine is cleaner
that will be why

Calibrated
13th November 2008, 09:27 AM
i just hope to god we get the OPC Insignia here.

JR
13th November 2008, 11:35 AM
i just hope to god we get the OPC Insignia here.

+1

i'm looking at getting the insignia as an upgrade from my astra. :D
fingers crossed.

cdxi
14th November 2008, 11:16 AM
Would love the Insignia to come here, but don't hold your breath. With the current economy and with vehicle sales as they are, Holden would be risking cannibalisation of Commodore with the 'Sig on the same forecourt.

If it does come in as a "premium" product over the Epicaleptic (as the Astra is with the Viva) then it will probably come in as a diesel and as a DI 4cyl, rather than a turbo 6.

Calibrated
14th November 2008, 01:00 PM
Would love the Insignia to come here, but don't hold your breath. With the current economy and with vehicle sales as they are, Holden would be risking cannibalisation of Commodore with the 'Sig on the same forecourt.

If it does come in as a "premium" product over the Epicaleptic (as the Astra is with the Viva) then it will probably come in as a diesel and as a DI 4cyl, rather than a turbo 6.
im pretty sure it is coming. just not sure which varients.

poita
14th November 2008, 01:19 PM
i have already organised the trade in of our mazda 6 for one :)
well if the misses lets me i will

Calibrated
14th November 2008, 01:20 PM
pfft as if she has a say in the matter

poita
14th November 2008, 01:22 PM
pffft as if i want my nuts in a jar

Calibrated
14th November 2008, 01:25 PM
pffft as if i want my nuts in a jar

i dont blame you

Calibrated
14th November 2008, 01:51 PM
you sneaky editing mod bastard.

poita
14th November 2008, 02:03 PM
who me? :p

USC
14th November 2008, 03:59 PM
I will wait for the second generation.

bornwild
14th November 2008, 07:08 PM
We're getting the OPC version too...:)

daiflu
14th November 2008, 07:53 PM
I had this conversation today.
"There are no plans to import the Insignia to Australia"

poita
14th November 2008, 07:58 PM

says who?

I had this conversation today.
"There are no plans to import the Insignia to Australia"

who with?

rjastra
15th November 2008, 10:01 AM
In this economic climate I think the Insignia has <50% chance of being released here.

The lack of a moderate sized 4 cylinder engine (2,4L for instance) puts it at a dissadvantage to the Euro/6/Liberty.

Shaun
15th November 2008, 10:06 AM

HSV haven't indicated that the OPC Version of the Insignia is coming to Australia. Its romoured Holden has the Insigina under consideration . But with recent turn of events in world economics i have a feeling that it could possible be shelved for the moment. Holden may still go ahead with it if the do it wont be it at least late 2010 early 2011 before the hit Australian Shores. And if they do make it Australia then there wont be a large range of models i believe. there will be a base and a top spec model more then likely.

For HSV to import an VXR Insignia Holden will need to import the Insignia into the range. HSV have already looked at importing a Corsa VXR. But they have said no due to the logistics of warehousing parts of a " niche " model. The VXR Insignia would be classed the same. The VXR Astra was possible as many components such as panels cross over from the Varants that Holden Already carry in Stock in the NDC.

bornwild
18th November 2008, 10:01 PM
edit: **** it, no point exposing.

poita
18th November 2008, 10:08 PM
i call bullshit

bornwild
18th November 2008, 10:12 PM
You do realise there is people employed at GMH who just scan all the forums etc. for this kind of crap? A chick almost got sacked at Holden for this.

poita
18th November 2008, 10:27 PM
well i heard once that Donald Trump looks here too, and that his apprentice got kicked off for this.

no use making these claims without being able to back em up.

this one time, at band camp, this guy was talking about how holden and ford are going to merge.

bornwild
18th November 2008, 10:29 PM
Oh dear...I think I'll go cry because someone from a forum is trying to talk shit about me. Oh there's a tear coming...hang on, nah that was just a fart. My bad.

Shaun
18th November 2008, 10:45 PM
i call bullshit

You do realise there is people employed at GMH who just scan all the forums etc. for this kind of crap? A chick almost got sacked at Holden for this.

well i heard once that Donald Trump looks here too, and that his apprentice got kicked off for this.

no use making these claims without being able to back em up.

this one time, at band camp, this guy was talking about how holden and ford are going to merge.

Oh dear...I think I'll go cry because someone from a forum is trying to talk shit about me. Oh there's a tear coming...hang on, nah that was just a fart. My bad.

Gee people are starting to see what ive been saying about bornsoft for about over 12months.......

Jerram
18th November 2008, 10:46 PM
get over it you two. There's no onus for anyone to say or prove anything on here and if people act the way they act then they'll expect to cop the judgement.

besides, "The Master" Holden will let us all know in good time.

poita
18th November 2008, 10:48 PM
dw shaun, i know he's full of shit

Shaun
18th November 2008, 11:11 PM
get over it you two. There's no onus for anyone to say or prove anything on here and if people act the way they act then they'll expect to cop the judgement.

besides, "The Master" Holden will let us all know in good time.

If you heard some of the things Bornsoft says then you would understand why we say this.

As for the Insignia and getting back on topic. I believe Holden are looking into it. But with the changes in the enconmic climate its quite possible holden will shelve the idea for now.

Shaun
18th November 2008, 11:47 PM

What about all the crap you have mentioned about Holden dealerships and customer service levels over your time on the forum. If your so worried about the crap mentioned then your one of the main peopel of bagging out there dealer network and there products at times.

You best watch what you say in the future about Holdens Products based on your above comments. Need i find some examples?