PDA

View Full Version : lowering AH SRi-T

UnKnOwN
12th November 2008, 03:00 PM
hi guys, i've been thinking of getting a set of the eibach pro kit for my sri t
my query is about the sport button, because it stiffens up the suspension is that gonna be alright if i change the springs?

also would be good to know where i can get them put in (im in perth) and for how much approx..
cheers

sadavidsriturbo
12th November 2008, 03:29 PM
Should be fine i have lowered mine and i have no issues dont know about the long term but at the moment i dont have any issues .. As for where and how much in perth ???????????

Hackstra
12th November 2008, 03:42 PM
I got shocks and springs swapped in Melbourne for $130 so any quote around 100 is pretty cheap. dunno bout the sports button, have to wait till some AH members come on

MatsHolden
12th November 2008, 04:27 PM
Do a search. There's a few threads with this very issue discussed.

GreyRex
12th November 2008, 07:26 PM
I've got the AH Turbo with the Eibach Pro Kit... so exactly what you're after

Check the link in my signature as to how it'll look

I can't tell you how much better than a stock Turbo it rides

It doesn't 'dive' and 'wallow', and i have had no oversteer since lowering (although I also have the rear sway bar)

And yes it works with the IDS. With Sport on you basically can't drive around town with it, as it's just too hard. Find a twisty road though and (along with the steering and throttle changes)... it's a completely different car

100% should be the first mod you do

SKM_87
12th November 2008, 07:59 PM
i'll do ya a cashie for 100 bucks to put em in

Hackstra
12th November 2008, 08:04 PM
i'll do ya a cashie for 100 bucks to put em in

Where are you SKM? Do you have your own suspension business? or can you just do them at home? I'm keen to get someone to take out my springs/struts to sell them before i sell the car a bit down the track

EL BURITO
12th November 2008, 08:06 PM
he is 10 km down the rd from me in Perth both home and work ;)

SKM_87
12th November 2008, 08:10 PM
he is 10 km down the rd from me in Perth both home and work ;)
bingo, but work is far away

kabel
12th November 2008, 10:47 PM
I just had my girlfriends VXR Astra lowered last week.
Eibach Pro kit and Whiteline RARB...yes El Burito there are now two VXR`s in my garage...I was behind you on Joondalup Drive last week in the
Red VXR.
So if you spot it give a wave out......might be a blonde driving it though !
Back to the question.
Give WA Suspensions a call in Osborne Park or Malaga Springs.
If you are interested I have two sets of stock VXR springs sitting in my garage now.
And the Eibach`s work fine with the sport button. Do enquire about the
Whiteline sway bar as well...only another $250 and well worth it.
And I do think you will be up for more than $130 for a set of Eibachs !!

UnKnOwN
13th November 2008, 01:49 AM
I've got the AH Turbo with the Eibach Pro Kit... so exactly what you're after

Check the link in my signature as to how it'll look

I can't tell you how much better than a stock Turbo it rides

It doesn't 'dive' and 'wallow', and i have had no oversteer since lowering (although I also have the rear sway bar)

And yes it works with the IDS. With Sport on you basically can't drive around town with it, as it's just too hard. Find a twisty road though and (along with the steering and throttle changes)... it's a completely different car

100% should be the first mod you do

with the kit and without sport mode on is it harder than normal springs with sport mode on?

Apex
13th November 2008, 08:05 AM
As said this has been discussed a few times, I installed mine (H&R) a few years back and they were harder than stock with sport mode off, notably harder with sport mode on. Sport mode only stiffens the shock and with a small lowering 30-35mm things shouldn’t be affected.

Would do the rear sway bar at the same time, will change the vehicle big time. They handle notably better with springs but are still soft in the rear when driving fast.

Red AH SRI T
13th November 2008, 04:56 PM
Our dealership also has the right to Walkinshaw performance and I was thinking of putting in the WP suspension kit and exhaust.

I really wanted the WP brakes (same as a VZ Clubby apparently) but they are SOOOOO expensive

EL BURITO
13th November 2008, 05:32 PM
Our dealership also has the right to Walkinshaw performance and I was thinking of putting in the WP suspension kit and exhaust.

I really wanted the WP brakes (same as a VZ Clubby apparently) but they are SOOOOO expensive
you would be better finding a wrecked clubby and getting some carriers made or yours moddified for the callipers

GreyRex
13th November 2008, 06:31 PM
And the Eibach`s work fine with the sport button. Do enquire about the
Whiteline sway bar as well...only another $250 and well worth it.
And I do think you will be up for more than $130 for a set of Eibachs !!

Agree 100%

with the kit and without sport mode on is it harder than normal springs with sport mode on?

Yes as with any car, the ride is firmer driving without Sport on. But if someone drove your car with the Eibach Pro Kit and they didn't know you had them on, I doubt they'd be able to tell. It rides how it should ride normally

They handle notably better with springs but are still soft in the rear when driving fast.[/FONT]

Agree again.

If you're one who likes to go for a 'spirited' drive every now and then, I basically wouldn't do the springs unless I did the rear sway bar at the same time

I went on an XR5 cruise a few months ago, and came to a point where I outhandled some of them through the twisties, yet im 20kW down on power