PDA

View Full Version : A Real Eye Opener.

KID_SRi
10th November 2008, 06:28 PM
http://patrz.pl/filmy/kierowco-nie-badz-bezmyslny

*Warning* This is very Graphic & may upset people whom have lost Friends/Family in Road Trauma.

poita
10th November 2008, 07:04 PM
thats some confronting stuff.

thanks for putting the warning on there :)

some people may be distrubed by this

Vectracious
10th November 2008, 07:30 PM
hmmm - interesting how "speeding" is not exactly the focus point of these ads, more about paying attention... pretty hard to pay attention to your surroundings when you're focused on the speedo so you don't go 3km/h over and get a fine.....

pred8r
10th November 2008, 07:50 PM
there was another in the same series - kid standing in a soccer goal with a hedge behind, car comes rolling through the hedge squashes the kid....pretty full on

poita
10th November 2008, 08:00 PM
its in that video pred8r ;)

Huhness
10th November 2008, 08:50 PM
took the old pacific Hwy home on sunday almost at the end where it is closed at Gosford and having a great time in the XR5 when a bunch of guys in the middle of the road waved me down. Told me to go slow and not look.

2 dead motorcyclists and a guy missing his leg from the knee down. It had only happened probably 10-15 minutes before I drove past but it was devastating to see. Drove REALLY slow the rest of the way home. :(

My Girlfriend is a bit shaken by the whole experience. People need to really take more care on the road.

Shaun
10th November 2008, 09:14 PM
Thats graphic but i believe its about time they show the " real " out come of these sorts of incidents as it may just wake people up.

poita
10th November 2008, 09:22 PM
if they want scare tactics, give kids the photos from crash scenes.
i have seen quite a few in the police journals, and **** me. makes you think twice about even getting in a car

Jerram
10th November 2008, 09:56 PM
there's a dude on Youtube who puts all this stuff up.

His name is "wuzzlevideos." Often there's some interesting discussion in the comments section.

I have seen a lot of them before so no big shock for me, though I remember they were reasonably effective at the time. Also RIP gumby. Farewell, Sweet Prince.

rjastra
11th November 2008, 10:55 AM
Graphic warnings don't work - in the long term. The brain kicks into "it wont happen to me mode".

Here is a report of the bike accident. Apparently no fatalities. http://express-advocate-gosford.whereilive.com.au/news/story/woman-loses-leg-in-bike-crash/

ASTRAY
11th November 2008, 11:33 AM
if they want scare tactics, give kids the photos from crash scenes.
i have seen quite a few in the police journals, and **** me. makes you think twice about even getting in a car

+1 about the police journals, extremely graphic.
when you say kids i guess you mean teens, i think it would help too.
we need adults to change their driving habits too.
but i think in whole we need to show real accidents scenes and real injuries on adds instead of comp generated scenes and make up.

certain groups will certainly start an outcry about it desensitising people, mainly about the harm it could cause to young children, but something has to be done.

i for one should probably wake up to myself in the way i drive.

i wonder how many other people will think twice about the way they drive after seeing this clip...

thankyou kidsri for posting this.

sooty
11th November 2008, 12:37 PM
Ok, so i'm prob gonna get flamed for this, but i'm either a cold heartless bastard, or have been completely desensitized, because i got nothing from that :confused:

nuggz
11th November 2008, 12:48 PM
cold heartless bastard

Sounds about right :D

MatsHolden
11th November 2008, 12:49 PM
Always wear a seatbelt...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLmoeoHrP4&feature=related

ASTRAY
11th November 2008, 12:56 PM
wow, that ones pretty full on!

in my car i have a simple rule, the car doesnt move until everyone has their seatbelt on.

Neeko
11th November 2008, 03:24 PM
wow what a clip...gave me goosebumps for a second. I like these type of ads. It really does show that when we're on the road how sudden everything can change in a blink of an eye. The scary thing is anyone can be involved in an accident that someone else causes. :(

KID_SRi
11th November 2008, 07:04 PM
thankyou kidsri for posting this.

No Problem.
I'd rather people see stuff like this before they witness it 1st Hand.

poita
11th November 2008, 07:10 PM
i agree diesel, yes it is very confronting, but it does nothing.
go the local video shop and get a movie out, or play grand theft auto.
100 times worse than any tv add will ever show.

we have become desensitized to things like this

ps diesel you are a heartless bastard :p

sooty
11th November 2008, 07:23 PM
ps diesel you are a heartless bastard :p

you know me too well, i'm so used to seeing all this in movies, games etc that i almost laughed when i saw some of it, in the same way i laugh when i saw people dismembered with a helicoptor in 28 weeks later. However if it were an animal, i physically could not watch. I'm impartial to people dying or being hurt, but if it's an animal, i can't stand it.
If you want confronting, go on to youtube and look up a 9 part series called earthlings. I had to turn it off, i couldn't even watch through the full thing, and it's turned 3 of my mates vegetarian.

WARNING: !!!! not for the faint hearted and is extremely, extremely graphic. !!!
Part 1:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pukC8YbXM7E
you can link to other parts after that

poita
11th November 2008, 07:32 PM
i find that video way more disturbing

sooty
11th November 2008, 07:34 PM
i find that video way more disturbing
I did warn you, at some points, it's sickening..:(

Orion_996
11th November 2008, 07:43 PM
i agree... earthlings one is way more disturbing... theres a big difference between human stupidity and cruelty, and i know which scares me more

ASTRAY
11th November 2008, 09:18 PM
i just watched 7 or 8 clips of that earthlings.
i absolutely love meat, but right now i wouldnt be able to eat meat and im seriously considering not eating it again.

although id say alot of that is in america and not australia, id say some of those practises happen in australia too.
my stepfather is a butcher and ill have alot of questions for him when i see him next.

sooty
11th November 2008, 09:24 PM
i just watched 7 or 8 clips of that earthlings.
i absolutely love meat, but right now i wouldnt be able to eat meat and im seriously considering not eating it again.

you got a lot further than i did, i think i only made it to 2, i can't stand cruelty to animals, it's a HUGE deal to me.
As for the not eating meat, i did say it turned three of my mates vego, it is powerful, there's no doubt, sorta makes you realise how sheltered we are

poita
11th November 2008, 09:30 PM
my most favoured is chicken, and my mum used to work at steggles (australian poultry)
i saw and heard some pretty horrid things.

i think it shocks me more that humans can do such things, it would have to be pretty bad to turn me off meat. nothing has yet achieved it

emiliok
12th November 2008, 07:10 PM
personally i didnt really find any of the animal ones disturbing, i mean yeah its inhumane but thats life these days.
who here enjoys a good steak, or roast chicken? i know i do, but unfortunately that is what the animal goes through before you eat it, but some people call that work. you gotta do what you.

thats just my 2c

sooty
12th November 2008, 07:20 PM
You don't find a stray dog being shot multiple times and being put into a rubbish truck and compacted whilst it's still alive disturbing? How? that's just beyond me, even after being shot the dog doesn't attack...

Neeko
12th November 2008, 07:27 PM
personally i didnt really find any of the animal ones disturbing, i mean yeah its inhumane but thats life these days.
who here enjoys a good steak, or roast chicken? i know i do, but unfortunately that is what the animal goes through before you eat it, but some people call that work. you gotta do what you.

thats just my 2c

i agree with ya mate... but the garbage truck thing is very disturbing.
reminded me of playing hitman bloodmoney

emiliok
12th November 2008, 07:40 PM
You don't find a stray dog being shot multiple times and being put into a rubbish truck and compacted whilst it's still alive disturbing? How? that's just beyond me, even after being shot the dog doesn't attack...

yep ok, true the pets one is a lil disturbing but only because these animals were originally brought up to be loved and looked after... its sad that people treat them the way they do (pets i mean)
but the food and clothing ones, its sad but it happens. its something that we have to live with i suppose

sooty
12th November 2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it's all a fact of life i guess, one we're best shielded from

emiliok
12th November 2008, 07:44 PM
here here

ASTRAY
12th November 2008, 09:07 PM
another one i found disturbing was the wolf/fox being skinned alive.

also the fact that cows that provide veal (ive always known they were babies) are removed from their mothers within days of being born, roped up by their necks and suspended there for 4 months.
suspended so they dont build muscle.

also that they mince up the leftover carcasses etc to feed the stock.

i just think its fkd, thats all.

deviant
13th November 2008, 09:53 PM
hmmm - interesting how "speeding" is not exactly the focus point of these ads, more about paying attention... pretty hard to pay attention to your surroundings when you're focused on the speedo so you don't go 3km/h over and get a fine.....

Thats because speeding doesnt kill. One of my biggest gripes with road safety in Australia is the emphasis placed on punishing speeding and brainwashing everyone in to the belief that speeding = instant death and destruction and wilting tree's from your nasty exhaust fumes.

All this has created is a nation of brain dead drivers who firmly believe "I'm not speeding so therefore I am safe" yet the reality is 99% of driver out there have not even got a basic grasp of any roadcraft or how to apply any thought to their driving.

As for the video posted...very powerful images. I think anyone with a child of their own would be moved to grab them for a hug and it certainly made me have a pang of "God I couldnt bare to lose my partner."

I have a link here to a simply epic thread on a UK based forum with posts from an ordinary bloke out for a burn in his car when it all went horribly wrong. He nearly killed someone and ended up in gaol. He was kind enough to type out some of his personal diary from prison and for those that read the thread as it unfolded its safe to say we have all altered out driving.
It starts on page 3 and the guy to watch for posts from is nicknamed '10 pence short'

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=442266&i=40

poita
21st November 2008, 08:49 PM
deviant i remember reading that a little while back.
ppl like that should be doing talks in schools.
not some pen pusher who sits in an office all day and has no concept of reality.

not long received this in an email.
this is the kind of thing they should be showing people.

now i will warn you the content is extremely graphic.
if you have a weak stomach, or are disturbed easily do not open this.
i cant warn you enough, so dont blame me if you open it and feel ill.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cccxmyyzjjh

glider
21st November 2008, 09:31 PM
pretty hard to pay attention to your surroundings when you're focused on the speedo so you don't go 3km/h over and get a fine.....
^^
this is how I feel about these speeding campaigns because I actually have done that sometimes... habbits are hard to change

I also refuse to speed anymore. When I first got my Ps I may have been a little lead footed, the limit to that now is first gear to 6.2 then into 2nd and I'm at 60. I know I would not be able to handle a sudden change to my surroundings at a higher speed so I make a rule of not doing it. Not to sound like a hero but I haven't had a single fine to date and I have no plans of changing this.

cars need to be fitted with some sort of speed warning system based off of GPS, so it always shows the correct speed for said road. the GPS on my carpc is meant to warn me when im over the limit but for some reason it doesnt, if they want to really do something about it, remove the ability to disable the warning on all GPS systems. people will still buy them.

the other method is to adopt the speedo on the windscreen like in some newer cars, so the driver does not have to look away from the road to check their speed

Unfortunately with regard to people 'waking up' i think stuff like this can cause some to be more nervous, resulting in them making stupid mistakes because they panic

ASTRAY
22nd November 2008, 10:03 AM
deviant i remember reading that a little while back.
ppl like that should be doing talks in schools.
not some pen pusher who sits in an office all day and has no concept of reality.

not long received this in an email.
this is the kind of thing they should be showing people.

now i will warn you the content is extremely graphic.
if you have a weak stomach, or are disturbed easily do not open this.
i cant warn you enough, so dont blame me if you open it and feel ill.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cccxmyyzjjh

pete, thats pretty full on, but its stuff like that, that needs to be shown.
i will be sending that to all my mates and especially my mates that have been caught drink driving before.
thankyou.

gman
22nd November 2008, 02:38 PM
Those ad's are some of the best and most relevant to road safety I have ever seen!!

In 37 years i've been unlucky enough to see and be involved in some horrific accidents..

I was saved be a seatbelt as a 21y.o when a petrol tanker crossed into my lane on the highway and I hit him from behind. He was doing about 20kph up a hill and I was sitting on 100-110kph and was launched over 30ft into the air (as shown on the traffic camera's, my car ran along the top of the petrol tanker)...I walked out with relatively minor injuries. To put it in perspective, I was driving a Suzuki Swift GTi..

Travelling late at night I've seen a motorcyclist crushed against rock walls by a guy falling asleep behind the wheel (on the F3 between Sydney and Gosford). He passed while i was standing there waiting for the ambulance...

A guy crushed and a Hilux drivers wife/gf impailed by a snow ski on the way home from the snow by a Hilux that was overtaking on double yellow lines..

A friend decapitated on the old Pacific Hwy when he came off his motorbike and slide under a guard rail...

I was hit by a taxi doing 80kph+ on George St (near Margaret St in the centre of Sydney) at 1:00pm in the middle of the lunch hour rush when a cabbie went through a red light cause he was sending an sms...

I have been lucky and saved by happen stance, a seat belt, missing an accident by seconds or rolling up the bonnet and hitting the windscreen wth my shoulder not my head..

Thats why I hate it when people/police say "Speeding kills". It's not the speed, its people treating the task of driving as something you don't have to think about when your doing it. If people paid attention and were trained how to drive, and shown the consequences of what happens when you don't we'd all be safer.

Hugness I hope you and your GF are ok..I know how shit it is to see that sort of stuff or watch as someone "doesn't make it".

Drive for the conditions and with in your skill level...But always pay attention, if peopel just did that it would IMHO save 50% of accidents, fatal or otherwise..

Sorry rant over...

poita
22nd November 2008, 05:59 PM
Gman, dont be sorry for the rant mate.
It's good to hear first hand experiences.
The worst two i have heard of, my sister (detective in sydney) attended and accident where a steel pole ont eh back of a truck had gone through the windscreen of the car behind, not pretty.
the other one, a mate whos a firey attended an accident where a truck had lost control and push a guy up against a wire mesh fence, also not pretty.

yes its pretty dam sickeneing to most ppl, but this is the kinda shit that makes ppl think twice about being a dickhead in a car. also having a best mate die in a car accident isn't either......

end of my rant......

hammer8
22nd November 2008, 11:51 PM
Have been reading all of this post including the grisly attachments, my 2 cents worth goes like this. I was a passenger in a South African Flying Squad Astra Pre TS that had a slow puncture at 196KMPH The driver did an awesome job of controlling the car and getting us to a stop safely, the driver had done advanced driver training and we were heading up the main highway when it happened. If it had been me driving or had the road been narrower or the flat been a blow out we would have been Toast.

I love driving as much as the next guy but these days if I want a challenge I'll find a windy road thats challenging under the speed limit

I agree with some of the guys who say inattentive unskilled drivers are the real problem, but if you find that magic stretch of open road just make sure you and your car are up to the task.

I appreciate most of the guys on this forum have sweet rides and above average driving skills but if this gets out to one noobie its worth it

KID_SRi
23rd November 2008, 10:05 AM
I appreciate most of the guys on this forum have sweet rides and above average driving skills but if this gets out to one noobie its worth it

Hammer, Me Showing these adverts main aim was to get a Slight message to the Younger "Look @ Me I have a Licence Now" Hoons. And we have a few on here.

I'm 29 now and I wasn't no Saint behind the Wheel, I've had some Pretty Barely Street Legal Rotaries, Turbo 4's & V8's. I've been done for Drink Driving Twice & a fair whack of Speeding & Defective Vehicle Fines.
But now I have only my Mum & Grandma, Rest of Family I don't see. So I grew up & realised I'm not 20 no more. I drive like I'm Driving Miss Daisy these days.