PDA

View Full Version : 19"/8.5" on AH - will they fit?

BEK-46P
8th November 2008, 11:47 AM
Interested in some Zenettis for my 07 SRI. Will they fit?

Shaun
8th November 2008, 12:00 PM
19X8 inch fit on the VXR.

BEK-46P
8th November 2008, 12:05 PM
So... is that yes??

Reason why I ask, I actually put down a deposit for a set at Ozzy Tyres. The guy said he's fitted 20s on an Astra but made no mention about the width. I just hope they fit cos they are hot!

Shaun
8th November 2008, 12:07 PM
So... is that yes??

Reason why I ask, I actually put down a deposit for a set at Ozzy Tyres. The guy said he's fitted 20s on an Astra but made no mention about the width. I just hope they fit cos they are hot!

Wll based on the clearance i have in the VXR when turning the wheel i think you would get them in there. But in saying that the VXR may also be alittle different underneath to a SRi.

Wraith
8th November 2008, 12:10 PM
Interested in some Zenettis for my 07 SRI. Will they fit?

What's the 'offset' or ET number of the rims in question ???

That is the most important figure you need to be looking at and then comparing it to the stock rims ET number (and to the VXR rims ET also would be a good comparison) to determine if they'll fit/work ok or not !

If you get a chance to physically eyeball the rims, the ET number should be stamped on the inside face of one of the spokes or somewhere around the inside hub face of the rim...

BEK-46P
8th November 2008, 12:21 PM
Dunno what the offset is.

Here's a link to the wheels, but there's no spex.

http://www.zenetti.com/wheels/index.php?wheelID=7&carID=

Wraith
8th November 2008, 12:34 PM
Dunno what the offset is.

Here's a link to the wheels, but there's no spex.

http://www.zenetti.com/wheels/index.php?wheelID=7&carID=

That's useless then in terms of giving you the answer you need !

Go and look at the rims yourself or contact the shop and ask them for the ET...and then get the ET number from someone here of their VXR rims and you'll be able to work it out...

Even rock up at the wheel shop with your car and physically fit them up (no lugs required) and inspect how they sit in place !

You need these rims to have the same or larger ET number than the VXR 19's since these are already 1/2" wider - do the research and you won't have any problems or dramas to deal with later ;)

I've seen so many people go ahead a buy wheels without having any ideas, only going by what the wheel shop tells em and then they're stuck with a set of wheels that hang out or scrub or all sorts of other problems, so before you buy, investigate/research that they actually fit/work for your specific application.

BEK-46P
8th November 2008, 01:49 PM
OK, so after some quick research, I found out the offset is 32.

Astra VXD
8th November 2008, 02:41 PM
that fitment is ok but you need to find out the ET fitment

thats the distance between each hole on the hub, so for and astra it will need to the be 5x110

HTH

Steve

BEK-46P
8th November 2008, 02:50 PM
Ok, I'm celebratin!

The wheels are 5x110 but the guy said he will need to get an engineer to refit it somehow.

Look, as long as it fits snug and I don't get defected, I'm a happy camper!

Astra VXD
9th November 2008, 12:08 AM
good news, mind plenty of pics once they are on ;)

Steve

Wraith
9th November 2008, 08:40 PM
OK, so after some quick research, I found out the offset is 32.

Astra VXD the above number is the ET...what your talking about is simply the PCD or 'pitch circle diameter' !

AFAIK the VXR rim ET is 35 or 38, someone else here with a VXR can confirm that...

Therefore these rims your planning on getting BEK-46P will hang 'further out' either 15.7 or 18.7mm more than stock VXR rims.

If I were you I'd check to make sure this dosn't cause scrubbing issues...especially if your car is lowered.

If you are able to supply me with the exact specifications of your current wheels - ie: rim width, rim ET and tyre specs, then supply me with your new 19" tyre specs also, I'll be able to calculate how much further out these new 19's will stick out compared to your stock wheels, that will then give you a good indicator to physically measure the end result.

Also AFAIK no Zenetti rim off the shelf is made to a PCD of 110mm, it needs to be re-drilled, we've been over this topic on the forum too many times to repeat it all, but basically if done properly you have nothing to worry about.

Also FYI enquire with the wheel supplier about what type of CBL's (centre bearing locators) also known as hub locators, they will be using - hopefully they have aluminium units, if not most use plastic and these eventually crack...