PDA

View Full Version : Howdy & SB GSi WTB Perth...

c-red
7th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Just lobbed in here to find out whats going on in Oz with Opels.
Currently driving a 303 at the wheels Evo 7 GT-A, but my licence wont handle it and its killing me putting petrol in it.
Have bought a complete '92 Calibra with a shagged clutch with a view to stuffing it all into a Barina. Further to that if anyone has a cheap SB GSi in Perth, preferrably with a stuffed motor I'd be extremely interested.
Jash

EL BURITO
7th November 2008, 01:03 PM
Hey mate, Quokka is your friend I found 10 in there the other week for under 3K as for a sb on here u prob wont find one in WA

let us know when u have got it finished thou as would love to go for a spin a 2L Barina. would deff give my car a run 4 its money

c-red
7th November 2008, 01:16 PM
As is always the way as soon as I start looking they dry up...
I'd go for a City, but I just cant bear wind up windows and I'd like a sunroof.
I actually thought about driving the Calibra for a bit but 110kW and 1280kg doesnt exactly excite me.
Jash

EL BURITO
7th November 2008, 01:23 PM
As is always the way as soon as I start looking they dry up...
I'd go for a City, but I just cant bear wind up windows and I'd like a sunroof.
I actually thought about driving the Calibra for a bit but 110kW and 1280kg doesnt exactly excite me.
Jash
There not that bad tbh they have a bit of power for what they are, but guess its a bit of a come down from a Evo VII

off topic but what is the fuel consumption of the Evo ?

c-red
7th November 2008, 01:31 PM
There not that bad tbh they have a bit of power for what they are, but guess its a bit of a come down from a Evo VII

off topic but what is the fuel consumption of the Evo ?

I think its diabolical - 16ish litres per 100km...or around 16mpg. I really liked my last Micra which got over 400k from 30 litres with me wringing its neck...
I miss having something small and nimble.
Jash

EL BURITO
7th November 2008, 02:21 PM
dam u dont look hard . tis one is 5K (http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Used-Cars/Small-Medium-Family-Prestige-Cars/AdNumber=W752140877240?BackToResult=true)

c-red
7th November 2008, 04:50 PM
I discounted that one because its more than I want to spend on the base car...I'm endeavouring to have it built for that much.
Jash

btm
7th November 2008, 05:14 PM
welcome to the site

R3N
7th November 2008, 08:24 PM
Hey Jeff ;) Welcome to the site... hope you find what you're looking for

poita
7th November 2008, 08:29 PM
welcome along mate.
have fun here :)

if you haven't read it yet have a look at the build ruffion is doing, same thing that your looking at doing.

and for any calibra info get onto www.clubcalibra.org ;)

c-red
10th November 2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, I did see Ruffion's build thats exactly what I was wanting to do. Actually I'm thinking about the V6 too, god that would be fun.
Jash

poita
10th November 2008, 07:17 PM
was speaking to greame, he was talking about the plans you had.
shoud be good mate.
do we get a discount from c-red now :p

c-red
11th November 2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah I've missed the Eurotrash badness in my life. Although my Micra flirtations do count partially. Always wanted to do it ever since caning my exes 1.2 City many many eons ago. Originally I was just going to go with the 8v 2L Camira style, but this Cali just dropped in my lap. Imagining an C20 on quad 45s...
And yeah C-Red discount fwiw, not many SSRs available in 5x110.
Jash

poita
11th November 2008, 12:34 AM
will be an awesome little beast.
will be good to see the difference, ruffion doing the backyard budget version.
and you doing the, i have lots of tools and toys version :)

btw some of us here are 4x100 :p

R3N
11th November 2008, 02:39 AM

and some of us have S15s :p

c-red
11th November 2008, 12:06 PM
will be an awesome little beast.
will be good to see the difference, ruffion doing the backyard budget version.
and you doing the, i have lots of tools and toys version :)

Well its not exactly a money no object build. I'm aiming to have it built for the 6k I just got for my last Micra. Going full Euro Style. There certainly wont be another like it in Australia ;)
And yes plenty of stuff in 4x100 - I have 16s, 17s, 18s and 19s.
Duly noted on the S15 too R3N.
Jash

poita
11th November 2008, 07:34 PM
sounds like its going to a great build :)