PDA

View Full Version : Car Towing/Moving Melbourne

Nurb608
5th November 2008, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know anyone cheap to tow a car from Dandenong to Sunbury?

coyotte
5th November 2008, 07:34 PM
NO, but it cost me $100 inc gst on a tilt tray to get from Port Melbourne to Holden, Burnley.
So Dandenong to Sunbury at this rate will cost a small fortune.
Whats at Sunbury ?

Nurb608
5th November 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm at Sunbury :)

xplosv57
5th November 2008, 07:41 PM
Find a mate who has RACV total care, they can say they were driving and they'll tow the car for free!!!

Ditto to above, what's in Sunbury??

coyotte
5th November 2008, 07:52 PM
I used to live in Mount Macedon until I got tired of the Calder Freeway return trip.
750 kms every week for 8 years (thats just getting to and from work)....

There used to be a really good performance shop in Sunbury.
I had some work done there on my very first Vectra, near round about on the southern side, not far from train line. Had BMC performance air intake and exhaust done ..

Sorry I don't have any tow truck advise.

PS: You know what they call Sunbury ?

Nurb608
5th November 2008, 07:55 PM
That would be Sunbury Performance Centre, Under new management now. Hmm, let me guess, Sunbury = Scumbury?

coyotte
5th November 2008, 08:07 PM
Bingo! You know what they call High Point ? ....... ("knifepoint")

KID_SRi
7th November 2008, 06:11 PM
Or 100% Scumshine, 99% Scum 1% Shine

entice
8th November 2008, 05:17 AM
Tandem Trailer would be far cheaper. Around $90 for a day. Just need a towbar...
Unless you can organise a "trade tow" during business hours. know a friend in the smash repair business? I transported a car on a rotisserie from Regent to Brunswick this week, after hours, and it cost $60 - but that's trade rates. We were going to use a tandem, but we needed a 5.1m long one, and they were all 4.2m (at least the ones we were looking at)

I think your best bet is if you cant/wont use a tandem, (will cost you $40 in fuel anyway.. given you have to pick up the tandem in S/bury, drive to D/nong with the trailer, and then drive back to s/bury with even more weight - not to mention the 4 hours it most likely will take you) is to see if tehre's a local towie in the local newspaper. Ie, one that lives in Sunbury, and get them to pick it up from D/nong on their last run back home.

Nurb608
8th November 2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks Guys, all sorted :)