PDA

View Full Version : AH astra coupe doors are HEAVY (sorta funny sorta not )

tomtom
4th November 2008, 11:31 PM
So any of you who own an AH coupe will know that our doors are F*cking heavy.

Imagine slamming the door with your finger still in the gap.

My mate did that tonight. Blood. Everywhere. His finger POPPED.

He's going into surgery tomorrow.

Like title suggests, sorta funny sorta not.

BE CAREFUL WHEN CLOSING THE DOORS.

because clean up sucks.

poita
4th November 2008, 11:33 PM
hope your car can be cleaned up easily.

oh and hope your mate comes out of surgery ok

bornwild
4th November 2008, 11:47 PM
You're kidding??

How did he manage that??

tomtom
5th November 2008, 12:07 AM
No freaking clue man. All i saw was him getting out, door closing and then him screaming in agony and jumping up and down. I thought it was all a joke. Then he ripped open the door and showed me his hand still screaming. Was not pretty. Went into the house, got a pack of cold peas from the fridge and JUMPED into my car.

I just got news from him, the tip of his pinky was in fact SEVERED. They have to put it back together tomorrow D:

Wonder how he'll react when he reads this thread. He's a member on OA.

Vectracious
5th November 2008, 12:11 AM
hope the surgery goes well for him tomorrow and there's no lasting damage....

USC
5th November 2008, 12:24 AM
Hope he is ok. The AH coupe doors are way too fkn heavy!

sadavidsriturbo
5th November 2008, 12:46 AM
Well thats gotta suck, my are lined with dyna mat. They are that heavy if i get out right, i dont even have to shut them they kinda shut them self's so if you want some automatic doors just line them with dyna mat;)

SSS_Hoon
5th November 2008, 06:40 AM
Pics?

My doors on my SSS are also lined with sound deadining 3 layers of it though and some mdf for good measure LoL.

My doors are heavy but still not as heavy as the Euro doors that is for sure.

Hope your mate gets out of surgery ok and everything is ok and he still has full use of all his fingers and hand.

SSS_Hoon

btm
5th November 2008, 08:33 AM
this thread is worthless without pics :D

fingers crossed (get it) for a speedy recovery :p

Greg K
5th November 2008, 08:52 AM
good one btm!!

but yes, i hope your mate gets better soon!

oneightoo
5th November 2008, 08:58 AM
surgery?? i had the door of my old SRi closed on my index and middle fingers once, left a weird looking dent kind of mark, but no blood, luckily..

H must be heavier and more vicious then the G..

tomtom
5th November 2008, 01:03 PM
H is brutal.

RE: pics,

If you guys are looking for pictures of the blood splatter I'm sorry but I cleaned it off as soon as I got home, didnt even think of taking a snap. Was waaay too shocked/stunned.

I'll ask my mate for a pic of his finger tho when I visit him later today in hospital ;)

Btw thanks for all the well-wishes. I'll pass them onto him.

JohnBu
5th November 2008, 01:47 PM
the TS 3 door hatches' doors are damn heavy also..

girls always complain they can't shut it...

i've also sound deadened it slightly so that doesn't help.

hope your mate's finger turns out ok.

Red AH SRI T
5th November 2008, 07:02 PM
The AH coupe doors are way too fkn heavy!

Thats the price you pay for a good solid vehicle with a 5 star safety rating.

I'd much rather have too heavy doors than Hyundai thin lightweight doors and be dead.

Anyways, hope your mate is ok.

James T
5th November 2008, 07:05 PM
the TS 3 door hatches' doors are damn heavy also..

girls always complain they can't shut it...

i've also sound deadened it slightly so that doesn't help.

hope your mate's finger turns out ok.

I get the same thing a bit, they do have long and heavy doors. I really wouldn't want to shut my hand in one of the doors on my car.

Wraith
5th November 2008, 07:10 PM
Hahahaha LOL sorry don't mean to laugh at someones misfortunes, but when reading the thread title, it immediately reminded me on the numerous comments I've copped from numerous people who've been passengers in both my Calibra and Astra saying how damn heavy and hard to open the doors are :D they mostly have sedans or hatches with much shorter and lighter doors...

I always say, you should try lifting the bonnet open on my Cali, then you'll see what heavy is LOL :)

mek
5th November 2008, 10:45 PM
broke bone in 2 lol at the tip, mite try n snatch xrays, doubt i can...
no idea of the pain guys ima slp b4 anesthetic wears dwn, stitches while awake.. morphine was gud tho... had to fast over 10 hrs b4 operation and pain kept me awake....
no im not typin lyk a trd out of gayness .. one hnd only :'( post pics 2moro of bandages and mby nxt wk when they re apply them >.> got the hardest painkillers and antibiotics lol, surgeon was pro, some nurses sukd...
ty 4 support mch <3..... shulda took the falcon.. damn ur doors tom :(

btw its my bday today -_-

hope i dnt mess ur car 2much tom :'( ta 4 the lift <3

no i'm not retarded..much... I instinctively flinched to make sure door was closed >> shoulda realised those 3tonne doors close em selvs >.>
gd im dumb.

mek
6th November 2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.em3kay.com/owie/small.jpg

lithium
6th November 2008, 10:03 AM
the astra bites back!
hope it heals up ok mate

mek
6th November 2008, 10:27 AM
the astra bites back!
hope it heals up ok mate
tyvm, m2, I'm scared it'll come out crooked, should b ok, painkillz makes me sleepy tho -_- hahaha :D

poita
6th November 2008, 07:51 PM
thank fuk this wasnt me, im allergic to codeine and anything stronger.
i'd be in so much pain, panadol is all i can have :(

hope it heals up ok for ya mte

Vectracious
6th November 2008, 07:54 PM
thank fuk this wasnt me, im allergic to codeine and anything stronger.
i'd be in so much pain, panadol is all i can have :(

bloody wuss

hope its all good mek. :)

bornwild
6th November 2008, 07:57 PM
hugb m8, atb bro

Wraith
6th November 2008, 08:15 PM
Ouch, that pic says it all - hope it all comes good...

mek
6th November 2008, 08:29 PM
bloody wuss

hope its all good mek. :)

iono man, im feeling sorry for the guy.cuz the pain is crazy boom funk spastic fantastic, all the neve-endings in my finger were on fire. along with the rest of my hand throbbing in a dull ache..
i would NOT wish this upon ANYBODY not even my worst enemy

They gave me a "tetanus shot" and said this will hurt like crazy..
Hurt is that a joke?. i'd seriously take one on every limb and my face if i could avoid that pain again.

storytime:
i was borderline passing out from pain/ imagining he bone, light headed etc. without the anaesthetics/morphine etc i would have been screaming all night until the morning when the pain finally got manageable.

i remember going into emergency, them like " do you want something for the pain? it looks painful" like nah ill handle it fine.

as soon as adrenaline and ice wore down. I "kindly yet promptly" went back on my offer. oh btw. panadine forte is like, taking the edge off, basically stop me screaming lol.. if i didn't take morphine. i wouldn't have slept at all and been moving /shifting through out the night

oh and thank god for ice! :P

thanks for the support guys. seriously expected more ppl to be like " LOL U DUMBASS "

bornwild
6th November 2008, 08:44 PM
LOL U DUMBASS :D

ps. was gonna say it earlier but thought it wasn't appropriate but now that you broke the ice :p

Vectracious
6th November 2008, 08:54 PM
LOL U DUMBASS :D

ps. was gonna say it earlier but thought it wasn't appropriate but now that you broke the ice :p

Bornwild - the king of inappropriate.

mek: LOL - nah mate, we're not all arseholes here ;)

tomtom
6th November 2008, 11:46 PM
i eagerly await the unwrapping of the finger.

mek
7th November 2008, 12:33 AM
i eagerly await the unwrapping of the finger.

how the hell do u think i feel :P LOL so curious and worried >.> i try hard to keep my mind off it and staying positive. i had a good doctor..

Vectra V6
7th November 2008, 10:54 AM
Youch!

I had a minor incident with the VXR in April last year.

Getting out of the car at the service station and I parked too close to the bowser. Had to squeeze my way out of the car and as I managed to get out, I slammed the door on my right thumb. The pain was beyond anything else I have felt. I had tears running down my face. The end result was a chipped bone and constant throbbing. Eventually the nail gave way also.

And this was within a week of getting the car. So Lesson learnt.

I feel your pain mate and understand how unco you must feel about now

JR
7th November 2008, 01:04 PM
ouch :eek::eek:

i've also noticed that the astra doors are also quite thick/fat when compared to alot of jap/korean cars.

true they might b hard to open n close, but its reassuring to know that my door will remain open n not slam shut against ur shins, even against an incline!!!
how many other car doors can do that!?!?!

Black Nugget
7th November 2008, 07:23 PM
too right they're heavy doors. At least it means they close themself.

mek you got off lightly, Look what is did to my girlfriend

http://www.upcheer.com/images/musclewomen/musclewomen5.jpg

bornwild
7th November 2008, 07:37 PM
Bornwild - the king of inappropriate.

mek: LOL - nah mate, we're not all arseholes here ;)

I was juuuuuust kidding :D

How's the finger man?

mek
7th November 2008, 07:37 PM
hahha u should be opening ur door for your gf! . thanks man made me laugh, yeah no worries haha , fingers fine just trying to keep it as still as possible untill unwraping day :P

Vectracious
9th November 2008, 10:30 AM
just trying to keep it as still as possible untill unwraping day :P

Christmas? your birthday? :p :D

Wraith
9th November 2008, 08:22 PM
too right they're heavy doors. At least it means they close themself.

mek you got off lightly, Look what is did to my girlfriend

http://www.upcheer.com/images/musclewomen/musclewomen5.jpg

Faaaark :eek:

Man you've got some major cahoonas to be going out with a chick looking like that (jk) hahahahaha :D

Shay
11th April 2009, 04:59 PM
sorry for the dustin off of this old thread, but got linked here from another thread,

i LOLd at first, your sig makes sense to me now Mek.

but i know your pain, i dropped a car battery on my left hand ring finger, hurt like a biatch, split it right open, bone stopped it choppin the end of my finger off, then theres that wierd yellow fatty stuff that hangs out of the cut.

delemonte
11th April 2009, 05:39 PM
So how is ya finger nowadays mek?

I started with a 5dr Astra G, then got a shock when I opened the door of my 3dr Astra G... and you're telling me the AH Astra is even heavier?!? :eek:

Yikes, fingers always hurt heaps... I can't imagine the magnitude of the pain, but I'm flinching just thinking about it!

Hope things are looking better...

ROCCO
11th April 2009, 09:17 PM
bunch of girls

MitchSRi
11th April 2009, 10:36 PM
I believe that the AH's have a rather impressive f/off torsion bar alongside the doors to allow them to hold up decently if the car is t-boned.

The doors certainly feel solid and it's a good thing to know.

Neeko
13th April 2009, 12:01 PM
I believe that the AH's have a rather impressive f/off torsion bar alongside the doors to allow them to hold up decently if the car is t-boned.

The doors certainly feel solid and it's a good thing to know.

i'll back this up! Everytime i tint a car the quality of the cars build is always revealed as soon as i start taking door trims off and what not. The most impressive torsion bar i have ever seen was in the mazda 6, with even an aluminium plate covering the door internals. Worst car i've seen so far was an old ford laser, it had 1 skinny wire as an excuse for a torsion bar. terrible thought about what could happen if t-boned.