PDA

View Full Version : eibach springs or rear sway bar

Rond
24th October 2008, 10:24 PM
i was thinking of maybe lowering my car with these eibach springs

http://www.eibach.ashop.com.au/p/523996/pro-kit.html

has anyone bought from this shop before and where would you get them fitted? and how much would it approximately cost?

or i was thinking of getting a rear sway bar from whiteline.

either these

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=BHF75

or

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=BHR75.

also where could i get these fitted and for how much?

question is if you had to choose between the two, which one would you go for?? which would be the better option if i could only do one? im quite limited with cash at the moment otherwise i would do both.

thanks in advance

just realised after i posted this that i may have put it in the wrong section - sorry about that

R3N
25th October 2008, 03:33 AM
its fine where it is...

Now, what is your aim? sway bar will help with handling MORE than the springs but the springs affect 2 things, ride height (ie. look) and handling. I did springs first then sway bar and the 2 work great together but I went with springs first as I wanted a meaner stance.

nuggz
25th October 2008, 08:18 AM
To get springs installed

TTF( the tyre factory) can get it installed for $25 a corner i think
its not much at all

I would probably get springs first and later on a sway bar will go well with the lower centre of gravity on the car

Rond
25th October 2008, 09:12 AM
well i want better handling because i find when im going around corners the grip isnt great if im going a little fast and that isnt going crazy around a corner. plus i found that website with the springs for 250 i thought was pretty cheap.

thanxs for your reply guys

sooty
25th October 2008, 11:21 AM
Springs first. i've got the pro-kit and the improvement in handling is huge, sits well and truly flat.
Then go the sway bar to finish it all off.
Either way you won't regret it

sadavidsriturbo
25th October 2008, 11:45 AM
I did both together but if i had to do one then the other i would do the springs first with yours being standard (not sports model) the springs would be a lot softer thus improving handling dramatically;)

sadavidsriturbo
25th October 2008, 11:47 AM
Sorry i just assumed standard for some reason what do you have ??

Rond
25th October 2008, 01:15 PM
the car is stock so far but i have the 2.2l. well it looks like ill buy the springs then. will it dramatically affect the comfort of the ride? im assuming it will be harsher but...?

sadavidsriturbo
25th October 2008, 01:23 PM
the car is stock so far but i have the 2.2l. well it looks like ill buy the springs then. will it dramatically affect the comfort of the ride? im assuming it will be harsher but...?

Yeah a little bit but its not to bad ..........

daaaaavek
25th October 2008, 04:59 PM
Fitting the Eibachs will wear out your factory shock absorbers faster than normal. Expect to be needing them replaced in about 18 months.

Oh, and do the springs first :)

mr corsa
25th October 2008, 07:46 PM
do both

JR
27th October 2008, 12:50 PM
ideally - do both same time :D

but in ur situation....springs then swaybar :dance:

Rond
27th October 2008, 12:58 PM
thanxs for your advice guys but i think i may have to put it on hold for the moment cos i have to save up for a trip overseas next year. im getting auzvectra to do a tune so cant justify to spend more money on the car unfortunately. hopefully soon though.

thanxs again for your advice guys

87kid
27th October 2008, 08:57 PM
good find, they are effin cheap. and i have now gone from 'nah, will leave the car as is' to 'where the fark is my debit card' yewwwww.

ps. realise this will have been covered. anyone with insights/pics of a g turbo with a sportline kit?

Rond
14th November 2008, 01:10 PM
i have been able to come into some unexpected money and think i may get the rear sway bar cos im mainly looking for handling improvement. plus the idea that the standards shocks wouldnt last long started to worry me. i may get the eibachs at a later stage.

im thinking about getting the whiteline rear sway bar and it seems it could be cheaper to get it through repco than through the internet. the guy at repco quoted me $280 or $3-- and im assuming the more expensive one is adjustable. so how can this be? and from whiteline its over $300 for the non adjustable one. have been on here bought directly from whiteline or....?

second question is im a total noob and wouldnt want to install it myself cos id probably stuff something up. so where in melb would be a good place to get it done and how much should i be looking at?

thanxs in advance guys, some of the information i have received from this forum has been invaluable. thanxs

poita
14th November 2008, 01:17 PM
surely they cant be that dear, the one for the calibra was only $180ish from autobarn.
and when you say calibra it usually doubles the price

Ice
14th November 2008, 01:17 PM
Im looking at the sway bar now too !

those Eibachs, i bought them from that same store a month or 2 back and they cost me in total $290 delivered and it was next day.

Eibachs are great DO IT, they will not dissapoint !

EL BURITO
14th November 2008, 01:25 PM
i have been able to come into some unexpected money and think i may get the rear sway bar cos im mainly looking for handling improvement. plus the idea that the standards shocks wouldnt last long started to worry me. i may get the eibachs at a later stage.

im thinking about getting the whiteline rear sway bar and it seems it could be cheaper to get it through repco than through the internet. the guy at repco quoted me $280 or $3-- and im assuming the more expensive one is adjustable. so how can this be? and from whiteline its over $300 for the non adjustable one. have been on here bought directly from whiteline or....?

second question is im a total noob and wouldnt want to install it myself cos id probably stuff something up. so where in melb would be a good place to get it done and how much should i be looking at?

thanxs in advance guys, some of the information i have received from this forum has been invaluable. thanxs
he is right

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=BHR75

260 + gst

the have gone in price

Rond
14th November 2008, 01:50 PM
Im looking at the sway bar now too !

those Eibachs, i bought them from that same store a month or 2 back and they cost me in total $290 delivered and it was next day.

Eibachs are great DO IT, they will not dissapoint !

i want to but i really dont want to have to change the standard shocks in 18 months time. well good to hear that things went well the the store. did you fit them yourself?

EL BURITO
14th November 2008, 02:29 PM
i want to but i really dont want to have to change the standard shocks in 18 months time. well good to hear that things went well the the store. did you fit them yourself?
please. I racked up over 100,000 km on my stock shocks with Eibachs in the C. and the were still good when the car was writen off

Ice
14th November 2008, 02:33 PM

why would you have to change your shocks in 18 months time ?

no i didnt install them, got my mechanic to do it when I did my major service. he said it took maybe an hour.

Rond
14th November 2008, 02:42 PM
Fitting the Eibachs will wear out your factory shock absorbers faster than normal. Expect to be needing them replaced in about 18 months.

Oh, and do the springs first :)

Hackstra
14th November 2008, 03:10 PM
go to suspension city in north melbourne, they installed my KYB struts and eibachs for $150 so i rekon they could install a sway bar pretty cheaply too.

JR
14th November 2008, 04:52 PM
i got my whiteline rear swaybars (non-adjustable) for $275 - supplied and installed by MRT Performance (http://mrtperformance.com.au/).
...but that doesn't help u as they're only in sydney :wall:

i thought it wasn't possible to buy direct from whitleline, unless u were a wholesaler or something.:confused: