PDA

View Full Version : Someone who has an idea about stud patterns!!

freaktown
3rd August 2004, 11:28 AM
I have met a guy who i am interested in buying his wheels of him, however im not sure if he's stud pattern will fit!

I have a vectra so my stud pattern is 5 x 110 (offset 44)

his wheels are of a subaru, however they are multistud! This is what he said about the Mags!

"it is multi stud 5/114 and 5/110 i was told yesterday that the offset was 45 by jax tyres and 3 above 3 below is fine."

any ideas?

i know i should ring a tyre place but i feel stupid asking them about mag offsets on wheels im not buying off them lol!

ultim8DTM5
3rd August 2004, 11:33 AM
Should be fine...in any event try before you buy and drive down to the local tyre joint to see if they are OK

freaktown
3rd August 2004, 11:37 AM
yea if i agree to the deal it will be done at a tyre place!

GOZOFF
3rd August 2004, 12:36 PM
There shouldn't be a problem but as Pete said try before you buy also if your considering lowerin your Vectra see how much the offset has changed.

Anonymous
3rd August 2004, 12:37 PM
The best advice is to put them onto your car and drive around the block with them on, execute a 3 point turn and turn with the wheel at full lock.

If they rub, or there are problems clearing the brakes, dont even consider it.

Mr T
3rd August 2004, 01:14 PM
In my view, Multi studs look tacky.

Just my opinion, but if you like them and after you have done what the other guys said and it works, go for it.

Mr Cali
3rd August 2004, 02:18 PM
they should fit no probs.

Muti studs are ugly unless you have one like mine with a centre cover to hide them.

freaktown
3rd August 2004, 05:24 PM
yea, there not the best wheels out there but its a good deal, great tyres 98% tread, 17inch gold for $750!

it allows me to buy other things that i want not just blow it all on wheels on a car i dont intend on keeping a long time!

thanks for your help guys! i appreciate it!

GOZOFF
3rd August 2004, 05:50 PM
In my view, Multi studs look tacky.

Just my opinion, but if you like them and after you have done what the other guys said and it works, go for it.

I agree but if you can't see the stud holes whats the diff???
after all my wheels are multi stud too and you'd never know would u nut :lol: