PDA

View Full Version : hello from the south coast

peejay6564
22nd October 2008, 10:04 PM
Well much to my distress/digust/regret etc i finally got rid of the gas munching 5.7 clubsport :(:(:( but have picked up a vectra cdx 3.2 which i must say pleasantly surprised me :dance: with not only the many features it has but also with the amount of get up and go is has. You cant compare it to an ls1 of course, but the v6 is silky smooth. I still cant come to grips with the front grill, not to my taste, but i think one of the irmscher grills will do the trick, and ive already had the exhaust extended and holes put in the rear bumper. Two twins tips might look a bit wanky but i really like them and i guess thats whats important. Hope to chat with many of you in the future
regards
peejay

poita
22nd October 2008, 10:40 PM
hey welcome along to the forum mate :)
glad to see the veccy has surprised you a little, they are a very nice car.

post up some pics mate, we wont bite

PaulyJ
22nd October 2008, 11:11 PM
Welcome to OpelAus
Glad to hear you're enjoying the Veccy. Must be so different to drive than the LS1.
As Pete mentioned, post some pics up in Members Ride and show off those twin tips

auzvectra
23rd October 2008, 08:59 AM
welcome to the site.
yeah not many people know (other then peeps on here) that the cdxi is a rebaged GTS, which means sports model in any language :D.

btm
23rd October 2008, 10:16 AM
welcome PJ

south coast of where? :)

peejay6564
23rd October 2008, 07:55 PM
The south coast of new south wales, kiama to be precise, home of the world(?) famous blowhole and probably not a lot else except for great beaches and scenery nearby

mr corsa
23rd October 2008, 08:13 PM
welcome! but i bet you your clubby is way more fuel efficent than my barina lol

peejay6564
23rd October 2008, 08:32 PM
most definitely at its best fuel efficiency when turned off, to be fair i averaged low 13's in the clubby which is much better than a lot of others get/got, so far in the vectra its low 9's, i guess i dont have the heaviest of feet but i do like to give it a bootful every now and again

btm
24th October 2008, 10:27 AM
The south coast of new south wales, kiama to be precise, home of the world(?) famous blowhole and probably not a lot else except for great beaches and scenery nearby

very nice part of the world down there. i'm head down to jervis bay many times a year to get as many scuba dives in as i can. love it down those ways

chanmingfu2004
3rd November 2008, 12:56 PM
welcome to your new home.