PDA

View Full Version : 99 TS on pedders

hammer8
22nd October 2008, 02:00 PM
Hi all keen to pick up some tips as the astra needs some bling

sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2008, 02:03 PM
Hi all keen to pick up some tips as the astra needs some bling

hello and welcome what are you looking at doing???

sooty
22nd October 2008, 02:07 PM
Welcome mate,
Post up some pics in the members thread and we'll be able to help you a bit more on what to do next :D

hammer8
22nd October 2008, 02:10 PM
looking at warming over engine, replacing crappy gear box and handbrake boots with leather, and new wheels for a start

hammer8
22nd October 2008, 02:16 PM
Bit embarrased to post pics looking at all these sweet rides
Mine is bog standard save for the suspension and some dark tint and some HID lights (in progress)

sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2008, 02:16 PM
looking at warming over engine, replacing crappy gear box and handbrake boots with leather, and new wheels for a start

Dont know how much money your planing on spending but momo have some nice gear box and handbrake boots as well as gear nobs and handbrakes and im sure they cater for astras as for wheels depends where you are situated?? tempy tyres maybe???? They even ship them out;)

sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2008, 02:17 PM
Mine is bog standard save for the suspension and some dark tint and some HID lights (in progress)

No need to be embarrassed

sooty
22nd October 2008, 02:19 PM

Everyone's car has to start out stock at some point so don't be embaressed about posting pics mate, sounds like it's already gonna look sweet. Wheels will give you your next biggest impact, shop around though, there's THOUSANDS :D

sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2008, 02:21 PM
Dont know how much money your planing on spending but momo have some nice gear box and handbrake boots as well as gear nobs and handbrakes and im sure they cater for astras as for wheels depends where you are situated?? tempy tyres maybe???? They even ship them out;)

Ohh yeah or an auto trimmers for the leather boots

InsaneAsylum
22nd October 2008, 02:31 PM
get the boots off ebay uk. cost me AU$30 better than i could find and any auto shop and i doubt a trimmer could do it here for that price.

Vectracious
22nd October 2008, 02:32 PM
Ohh yeah or an auto trimmers for the leather boots

or ebay - a few UK trimmers have ebay shops.

sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2008, 02:48 PM
or ebay - a few UK trimmers have ebay shops.

OOhh yeah:o

btm
22nd October 2008, 04:47 PM
welcome to the site too!

hammer8
22nd October 2008, 05:20 PM
I picked up some leather boots off ebay now if i can just work out how to fit them...
time to head over to the how to section

PaulyJ
22nd October 2008, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the OA
If there is anything you can't find, don't be afraid to ask

Vectracious
22nd October 2008, 09:29 PM
I picked up some leather boots off ebay now if i can just work out how to fit them...
time to head over to the how to section

pretty easy to do

gear shift - there is a round plastic "clip" that holds it in place - the ones I got came with a cable tie to tie it up on top under the gear knob - the rest of it fits into the plastic around the gear shift and clips in.

The handbrake one is a little harder because the OEM boot is attached with staples which need to be taken out to remove the old boot.
I actally just put the boot on the handbrake and putting the plastic over it was enough to keep it from untucking from under the plastic.

Sorry I dont have pics to explain this, and I've since sold the car so cant take any - but once you get the plastic bits off both the gear shift and handbrake you'll see what I mean :)

stewy
23rd October 2008, 08:30 PM
Everyone's car has to start out stock at some point so don't be embaressed about posting pics mate, sounds like it's already gonna look sweet. Wheels will give you your next biggest impact, shop around though, there's THOUSANDS :D

+1 to that, plus it's always great to see how ppl's cars progress over the years ;)

hammer8
24th October 2008, 02:10 PM
hi will post pics as soon as i get my new camera wont be buying anything big for a bit, shocks have drained my "play" funds for the moment