PDA

View Full Version : For the Turbo Boys and Girls...

Degen-Astra
2nd August 2004, 03:17 PM
Found some cheap and decent looking pillar mount gauge pods while surfing around...52mm in 1 or 2 pod set up. Thought some of you may be interested.

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=VXAST04&PartType=PMS01

Jass
3rd August 2004, 06:55 AM
They look good too bad its illegal here in NSW :(

Anonymous
3rd August 2004, 07:28 AM
They look good too bad its illegal here in NSW :(

Its same here in Victoria, The rule is something like:
Internally Pillar Mounted Gauges/Pods must not obscure more 30% of ya vision.

But How can ya measure that :x

imay
3rd August 2004, 09:17 AM
I believe the rule in SA is:
No gauge/s to appear higher than the highest standard mounted gauge/s in the dashboard.
I stand to be correct, but believe that is the rule of thumb the boys in blue follow. You could always argue the point at Regency Park, while they are busy looking for other things to defect you on.
Heard a story on the weekend of a guy who got his R32 defected, when to Regency and ended up getting 2 more defects while there. The R32 is now off the road indefinitely!

Jass
3rd August 2004, 10:48 AM
Damn that must suck specially since the car is so new what sorta mods did he do?

If your going to mod you car its best to do mods that cant be seen or can be removed easilly. eg rear muffler with a smaller quiter one? or BOV that can be reverted back to full plumb back incase the EPA stops you.

I learned the hard lesson, best to keep in line with the RTA, the cops are just looking for excuses to give people a hard time :x