PDA

View Full Version : How many G Sri-T's ?

Z20LET
18th October 2008, 06:48 PM
After reading a few articles it seems that the Astra G SRi-T is quite rare. One article stated that it is already on its way to becoming a collectable. After reading a thread on the UK forum, they also consider the G Sri-T to be rare as there are only 500 of them over there. I was wondering if all the SRi-T's here are apart of the 500 in the UK? If not how many were released for Australia?

xplosv57
18th October 2008, 06:56 PM
From memory there were 400-500 brought here to OZ, including Convertibles, but they weren't a limited build.

Thought there'd be more than 500 G SRi-T's in the UK...but there'd be heaps in Europe i'm assuming!!

auzvectra
18th October 2008, 07:05 PM
original expected number was about 236 inc verts (i have the holden media release), but i heard that that number was doubled, and then i was told from some1 that got an inside person in holden say about 1200.

so basically no idea ;).

lampshade
18th October 2008, 10:34 PM
The G sri-t in Aus is called the "GSI" in the uk (and there are 1000's of them).
The 500 SRI-T's you mention is a 4 door turbo G ;), dont think you got any of them here:confused:

tuzinski
18th October 2008, 11:33 PM
The G sri-t in Aus is called the "GSI" in the uk (and there are 1000's of them).
The 500 SRI-T's you mention is a 4 door turbo G ;), dont think you got any of them here:confused:
no its not you fool
the GSI has recaro seats
and its more powerful

the GSi is like the VXR in the current H model

reedaaron
18th October 2008, 11:42 PM
no its not you fool
the GSI has recaro seats
and its more powerful

considering that lampshade is from the uk, i think he has a better idea than you... ;)

R3N
18th October 2008, 11:51 PM
no its not you fool
the GSI has recaro seats
and its more powerful

The Aussie G SRi-T is the closest equivalent of the G GSi in the UK. They also have a SRi-T which was different (which was 2 door, had the Z20LET as well but had a different kit and wheels compared to the GSi, I think had a slightly lower power output as well due to different map). I say closest because the Aussie spec SRi-T has the same exterior look as the UK GSi, except the wheels which is from their SRi-T.

I wouldn't going around calling others a "fool" since you don't know that much yourself, plus lampshade is from the UK so should have a better idea than you. The part about it being "more powerful" is simply a later revision of the factory map, which can be flashed onto the SRi-T bringing the power on par with the GSi

OPC
18th October 2008, 11:55 PM
no its not you fool
the GSI has recaro seats
and its more powerful

you are the biggest n00b on here and know nothing about the Astra G SRi Turbo

In england they are known as the GSI which had full leather recaro seats which is what we got
and the actual SRi in england had cloth interior which the SRi 2.2 has in aus

so stay out of the big boys conversations

R3N
19th October 2008, 12:03 AM
Stole this from AOC... the UK SRi-T was a limited production jobbie:

http://www.zlet.co.uk/images/SRi-T.jpg

SRi-Turbo, 1st May 2002

Vauxhall decided to advance the cause of the Astra SRi by introducing the Astra SRi Turbo.

Exclusivity

Owners enjoy a degree of exclusivity with Vauxhall's three-door Astra. Only 500 cars were built, all for the UK. The limited production run was to satisfy demand for a higher performance Astra until the new Astra GSi was introduced towards the end of the year. It came in three colours Black, Red, Silver and bodykit by ProDrive.
Turbo Power
Vauxhall's 2.0-litre turbo engine was becoming well known for its performance; other key characterisitics are its refinement (aided by the twin contra-rotating balance shafts) and fuel efficiency. Maximum power output of 192 PS@5400 rpm is impressive, as is maximum torque of 150Nm, sustained from as little as 1950 rpm all the way to 5300 rpm, making the engine flexible and useable. In the Astra SRi, as with the other turbo models, the figures speak for themselves: 0-60mph in 7.5 seconds and a top speed of 152 mph. Sparkling performance is combined with healthy fuel economy figures. The Astra SRi Turbo manages nearly 32 mpg on teh combined cycle and over 41 mpg on the open road.
Chassis
Astra SRi Turbo has a chassis which can make the most of that turbocharged performance - combining driver fun and complete safety. Vauxhall had to look no further than the Astra Coupe for elements fo the car's underpinnings: wheels, tyres and brakes are identical to those used on its Coupe Turbo stablemate, which the springs are the same as those first used on the high performance Opel Astra OPC.
So drivers have complete confidence in a car which sits on generous 215/40 R17 tyres and 17 inch alloy wheels, and is slowed by 308 mm ventilated discs at the front and 264 mm discs at the rear.
Bang for your buck
Standard Astra SRi features include air conditioning, alloy wheels, twin front airbags, ABS, traction control, sport seats, cruise control, CDR 500 radio / CD player, remote control central locking, electric windows and mirrors, front fog lights and an alarm.
On the road price was £16,495.

tuzinski
19th October 2008, 12:03 AM
so stay out of the big boys conversations
shouldnt an old fart like you have a better car not a astra?

R3N
19th October 2008, 12:05 AM

So you got burnt for being a dumbass and you come up with that? Grow up... and the rest stay on topic. I'm leaving his post up to show how immature he is.

Shaun
19th October 2008, 12:24 AM
no its not you fool
the GSI has recaro seats
and its more powerful

Hmm . Wrong Person to be shooting down. Lampshade would have one of the Quickest and Most Powerful VXR's in the country.

GSi was the top end of the scale. SRi T in the uk sat just under the GSi.

Not 100% sure if the GSi in the UK came with Recaro's as standard or an option.
. Im Sure Lampshade will be able to fill us in on that. But Our SRi T was an OPC Spec Body kit. SRi T rims from the UK. Leather time was just Same as the Astra Convert with the exception of the seats that have the little moveable part of the seat. (like you will find in the VXR)

Colours in Australia Were Arden Blue Black and Star Silver. Red was an option overseas on the OPC and SRi T.

As for G SRi T numbers in Australia. There was a post back from the good old days. (back when there were lots of orignal SRi T onwers round) I believe there were 200 Silver 160 Blue and 20 Black brought into the country. We know theres only 19 Black that are road worthy left as one was hit by a speeding drunken P plater. they guy who owned it was on the forums back in the day when they were new. Silver was easy to find at the time when looking for a new one. As they were pretty much avaliable upon purchase. Arden Blue was a 12 week wait at the time.

As for a " collectable" if you thinking they will bring BIG dollars in years to come like a GT Falcon or XU1 Torana. dont kid your self. After owning one for 2.5 years . It took me 6 months to sell it. No one wants to buy them here as they are a " niche car" Meaning the market for them is a selective market. 200SX sell much easier. This isnt such a bad thing. As it means Insurance is lower then the latter mentioned.

Most on car point though these days are over priced. I have looked at them and thought about buying another one down the track for a toy . ( I sold my one to buy a VXR)

Hope that info helps.

Shaun
19th October 2008, 12:34 AM

Jelousy is a Curse.......

lampshade
19th October 2008, 10:19 AM
Damn, could of sworn there was a limited run of 4 door let's:confused:

But anyway, the SRI-T here is basicly the same as the U.K GSI of which there are loads.

I had the Zafira Gsi which was a pretty quick bus.:p

Red AH SRI T
19th October 2008, 10:09 PM
So you got burnt for being a dumbass and you come up with that? Grow up... and the rest stay on topic. I'm leaving his post up to show how immature he is.

LOL.

Where's Shaun?

Oh, he posted after you :p

bornwild
19th October 2008, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the GSi is exactly the same as the SRi-T.

Oh it's already been established..ah well :p

Shaun
20th October 2008, 06:33 AM
Damn, could of sworn there was a limited run of 4 door let's:confused:

But anyway, the SRI-T here is basicly the same as the U.K GSI of which there are loads.

I had the Zafira Gsi which was a pretty quick bus.:p

i believe your correct.

Wraith
20th October 2008, 08:50 AM
Number of TS turbo convertibles in Aust. = less than 250...

Not sure about the hatch, info I have from GMH states they sold over 600 Australia wide...

However I've been told by another Holden person I spoke to, that - that's the o/a number of both the hatch and vert TS turbos sold...ie: around 600 vehicles :confused:

Either way, the TS turbo models here in Aust. would be rare with those kind of numbers...

Z20LET
20th October 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure about performance figures but what I have read, the SRi-T sits under the GSI in the UK as Shaun stated in his previous post. I should have made my original post a bit more clear as we are talking about the MY03 G SRi-T and the equivalent in the UK as there were SRi-T's available before 2003 as we didn't get them here, which do have a different kit to the MY03 SRi-T. From all the pics that I have come across on the UK forum, the equivalent MY03 SRi-T is exactly the same as our SRi-T, which they only have 500 of. Most of the MY03 GSi's that I have seen have the same kit as the SRi-T, but none have had the same black leather seats that we have. The equivalent GSi also had more features such as factory GPS, not sure if it was a standard feature though but it was only available in the GSi.

I'm only going by what I have seen and read as I am just giving my view on the topic. If anyone is incorrect in what they have said I think it's because they weren't specifically referring to the MY03 which I should have mentioned. I hope this clears some things up.

coyotte
23rd October 2008, 08:57 PM
I was advised by Holden that there only 200 each colour bought into Australia = 600

Wraith
23rd October 2008, 09:06 PM
I was advised by Holden that there only 200 each colour bought into Australia = 600

600-ish seems to be a common consensus for the TS turbo hatch...

Greg K
24th October 2008, 08:45 AM

slightly o/t, i was advised by a HSV dealer (as i was drolling over a white Nurburgring VXR yesterday at Suttons) that there were 100 Nurburgring VXR's brought into Australia! i corrected him in saying that there were only 20 and he refused to accept it. Just goes to show how informed some dealers are!

Shaun
24th October 2008, 09:03 AM
slightly o/t, i was advised by a HSV dealer (as i was drolling over a white Nurburgring VXR yesterday at Suttons) that there were 100 Nurburgring VXR's brought into Australia! i corrected him in saying that there were only 20 and he refused to accept it. Just goes to show how informed some dealers are!

Should have opened up the bonnet and kindly pointed to the HSV Build plate where its clearly stated -/20.

Greg K
24th October 2008, 09:22 AM
Should have opened up the bonnet and kindly pointed to the HSV Build plate where its clearly stated -/20.

haha i will this afternoon!

Shaun
24th October 2008, 12:26 PM
haha i will this afternoon!

Just on that ... For those who didnt know but the Nurburgring VXR comes with a different build plate to a HSV VXR. There are still decent amount for sale. One at the dealership i bought mine from is still in stock. I believe they person who was buying it has pulled out for some reason.

Greg K
24th October 2008, 12:30 PM
the HSV dealer i was at yesterday gave me a price of $41,250 drive away for the Nurb. If i wasnt getting married in 3 months i would have considered it

Wraith
24th October 2008, 01:25 PM
Interesting you should bring up the Nurb. white VXR topic again Greg :)

Correct that there are ONLY 20...not 100 ATM - if we find out they have indeed brought in 100, then the 'plan' has obviously been changed and I for one would be wondering, why ???????

Reason I say that is because they're NOT SELLING !!! so why the hell would they be stupid enough to order in another 80 LOL :confused: :rolleyes:

The one I inspected and wrote up about and put pics up here of months ago now at KD's in Braebrook HSV is still sitting there outside in their yard !!! saw it last weekend...

Bloody hell they can't even sell one of the buggers at that location in Melbourne :eek: and it's a limited edition - flop idea by HSV...

The drive-away price you could get now is a good one - pity people who want a VXR already have one, they should've brought them in sooner !

IMHO the new silver/grey colour VXR looks better than the white VXR too and has the better looking standard 19" wheels - just my opinion :)

OPC
26th October 2008, 12:11 AM

so are you saying HSV/Holden dont know jack shit about the VXR ?

i agree...

shaun, what are your thoughts?

Wraith
26th October 2008, 10:10 AM
Hey guys, good time for anyone wanting a brand new VXR, saw quite a few for sale in the classifieds for 38-39k drive-away...

Rang one of them up and had a chat, they were willing to 'play ball' and will sell them for as low as 36k drive-away to any serious buyer !

Not really sure if that's due to a sign of the times or they're just desperate to move stock...

poita
26th October 2008, 06:42 PM
would be a bit of both ange, the car market has died in teh arse.
so car yards will do anything to move stock, even if its meaning they are losing some money.

Wraith
27th October 2008, 09:19 AM
would be a bit of both ange, the car market has died in teh arse.
so car yards will do anything to move stock, even if its meaning they are losing some money.

I think that is indeed the case Pete and it will probably get worse, as mentioned in other threads, it's a good time over the coming 6-12 months for anyone wanting to purchase a house or new car...I reckon even at 36k on a new VXR though, they're still making money !

I'm going to wait till 1st-2nd quarter of next year and see what deal I can get with some of the more prestige brands - will be interesting, as the prestige car market are getting alot of near new returns ATM all over the Country !

A guy who works with my cousin I was hanging with on Saturday night told me he went to Sydney last week to buy himself a repossessed late '06 SLK350 with under 20,000km on it for only 60k :eek:

Greg K
27th October 2008, 09:29 AM
cost price for the VXR is around $35k

Wraith
27th October 2008, 09:58 AM

If that's true, that's one of the biggest rips going around LOL...must be alot of import costs or something from fully imported vehicles ?? which I thought GMH would get away with ??

35k is still well over what the drive-away price of the AH Sri-T is...

Your typical Commodore sedan has a dealer purchase price of well under 20k !!!

Shaun
27th October 2008, 11:01 AM
so are you saying HSV/Holden dont know jack shit about the VXR ?

i agree...

shaun, what are your thoughts?

Hmm my Thoughts.....

If anyone is interested in a good priced Nurburging VXR please contact me . Dealership i bought my VXR from have one. ( A lost sale after order). I wont release the name of the dealership on the forum but i am happy to put people in contact with them. Im even taking mine down to have a trade valuation . If the deals close to what i owe and a good price for me on the car then i may purchase it but i doubt the trade can be reached i need.

But as i was saying. Anyone who is the market for a Nurburgring VXR please contact me. Serious buyers only thank you .

Shaun

Shaun
27th October 2008, 11:07 AM

They dont have that much margin in the car's thats for sure. I would be saying closer to the 38-39k mark. there Margins wouldnt be that much thats for sure.

However when you have seen them advertised for 38-39k mark HSV are more then likely giving assiatance. Manfacturers will do this from time to time to clear older stock.

My parents bought a brand new VZ R8 Clubsport for $20,000 under the list price over 15 months ago. HSV was giving dealers a bonus to move old stock.

$2,500-3,500 max would sound about right for a margin in a car these days .

Wraith
27th October 2008, 11:15 AM
Shaun, sell yours privately - you should get far more that way than a dealer trade in...

Also you can get a typical V8 HSV for around 20k less at any time, if your a 2nd or 3rd time repeat HSV customer...

I was offered to buy a current VE GTS for 21k or an R8 for 18k below list price at the start of this year...all due to having purchased new HSV's in the past :)

Anyone would probably get similar to that now as the economic climate starts to bite and dealers across the board are feeling the sales drop off...

Greg K
27th October 2008, 11:28 AM
They dont have that much margin in the car's thats for sure. I would be saying closer to the 38-39k mark. there Margins wouldnt be that much thats for sure.

However when you have seen them advertised for 38-39k mark HSV are more then likely giving assiatance. Manfacturers will do this from time to time to clear older stock.

My parents bought a brand new VZ R8 Clubsport for $20,000 under the list price over 15 months ago. HSV was giving dealers a bonus to move old stock.

$2,500-3,500 max would sound about right for a margin in a car these days .

the $35k that i was told was before any dealer charges, saleman fees, rego, etc any costs incurred by the dealer before sale. so their profit margin isnt based on $35 at cost, it is more like $38 as you said.

gman
28th October 2008, 03:22 PM
I've still got my Black Astra G SRi-T that I bought from new, so i must be in the minority for the original owners. 116,300kms and still going...

I hope there was only 20 Black bought in, and I remember something about the numbers Shaun quoted as being the right ones.

I've held on to mine as its a surprisingly good car to drive and I'm doing exactly what Shaun was talking about, making it a "Track toy" to play with...Why not, I own it, it sits in Oz where I get to drive it 4 or 5 times a year so whats the harm...

PS: I'm way older than most of the others on here so lighten up :) Anyway, I have another car in Oz and one here in Hong Kong too...I just like the good ol' SRi-T and can;t bare to part with it....

Wraith
28th October 2008, 10:27 PM
PS: I'm way older than most of the others on here so lighten up :) Anyway, I have another car in Oz and one here in Hong Kong too...I just like the good ol' SRi-T and can;t bare to part with it....

Ah, response to one of the comments on the 1st page...:)

Yeah made me raise an eyebrow too LOL over 40 with a TS turbo vert :D and also can't even bring myself to think of parting with it, regardless of what else comes along :)

Mane
4th November 2008, 06:20 AM
as far as I know there were built ~3000 OPC2 (3-door / Touring with z20let only). Approx. 500 of them are running in Germany, the rest is spread all over the world.

chrissn89
16th March 2009, 02:42 PM
Okay well after sending a few emails to Holden and a 30 minute phone call.

The official number of how many Holden Astra TS SRi-T (Hatch) were sold in Australia are:::

SRi-T 2003: 363
SRi-T 2004: 187
TOTAL:::::: 550

Unfortunately they were unable to give a colour brake down. Im guessing its because its been a few years and they no longer have that information available in the database for the general public.

btm
16th March 2009, 03:13 PM
as said in other thread, nice investigative work :)

Wraith
16th March 2009, 08:57 PM

The official number of how many Holden Astra TS SRi-T (Hatch) were sold in Australia are:::

Unfortunately they were unable to give a colour brake down. Im guessing its because its been a few years and they no longer have that information available in the database for the general public.

And what about the turbo verts ??? did you ask about those at the same time ??? :)

chrissn89
16th March 2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry Ange no i didnt. There very helpfully tho, ill give them another call tomorrow if i remember. Ill ask about turbo verts and turbo cali's.

Z20LET
16th March 2009, 10:22 PM

Good work mate!

Wraith
17th March 2009, 10:42 AM
Sorry Ange no i didnt. There very helpfully tho, ill give them another call tomorrow if i remember. Ill ask about turbo verts and turbo cali's.

Awesome thanks :)

What you've done is exactly what I did when I chased up info on my Cali with GMH... :)