PDA

View Full Version : A big HELLO from Sydney

jaffa-cree
18th October 2008, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone!

I finally took the plunge and bought an AH MY6.5 Astri SRi Turbo.
It was very hard to decide between the GOLF GTI and the SRiT but eventually gone the Astra as it has more extras and over the GOLF and the $$$ advantage.

This is my first turbo car, so I will be definitely relying on this forum for making educated decisions in modifications, and servicing!

Thanks all!
Jim

WoundWowfanAU
18th October 2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome!!! :)

and a good choice..... I would have got the Astra SRi if I could have afforded it lol :)

Vectracious
18th October 2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats on teh purchase Jim and welcome to Opelaus :)

Check out the NSW section for events coming up :D

OPC
18th October 2008, 05:03 PM
welcome

good choice

SSS_Hoon
18th October 2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome M8.

I would like to say nice choice from those 2 but i cannot lol, (im biased).

You obviously like going slow do you? LoL:D:D the VXR is the one to compare to the GTI not the SRiT.

Still good choice and hope you njoi it, im sure you will.

Stargate fan here aswell...

SSS_Hoon

jaffa-cree
18th October 2008, 06:02 PM
Welcome M8.

You obviously like going slow do you? LoL:D:D the VXR is the one to compare to the GTI not the SRiT.

This may sounds stupid, but I was not aware of the VXR model until after I purchased the SRiT :mad: Thought, I think it would have made little difference as the extra cost would have pushed my beyond my budget.

However, now reading about the VXR, I am wondering it is putting too much torque and power to the front wheels ???

Welcome M8.

I think everyone is!

Vectracious
18th October 2008, 06:56 PM

SSS_Hoon

I think everyone is!

What's stargate?

glider
18th October 2008, 07:07 PM
What's stargate?

sci-fi show, ran for 10 years, had Richard dean Anderson in it. was a good show, I grew up watching it

OPC
18th October 2008, 11:58 PM
What's stargate?

a gay version of star wars

OPC
19th October 2008, 12:00 AM
However, now reading about the VXR, I am wondering it is putting too much torque and power to the front wheels ???

!

yeah only if your a pulsar owner or have wrists like a kitten and prefer to drive your girlfriends Gti VW cos its an AUTOMATIC and cant shift very well

R3N
19th October 2008, 12:24 AM
sci-fi show, ran for 10 years, had Richard dean Anderson in it. was a good show, I grew up watching it

you mean macgyver... he made a stargate out of a rubber band and a paperclip

oh and welcome to the site

SSS_Hoon
19th October 2008, 12:34 AM
a gay version of star wars

Yeah but without all the homosexuality stuff.

yeah only if your a pulsar owner or have wrists like a kitten and prefer to drive your girlfriends Gti VW cos its an AUTOMATIC and cant shift very well

LoL, but the kitten wristed pulsar owner that can't shift well, still holds his own in the wifes GTI though:dance:

And the pulsar, well lets just say that all it would see off the AssTray is the dissapointed look of the driver in the rear view mirror.:D

SSS_Hoon

OPC
19th October 2008, 12:44 AM
ive still got the touch...

ASTRAY
19th October 2008, 01:32 AM
jaffa, welcome mate, good buy.
enjoy your stay.

Yeah but without all the homosexuality stuff.

LoL, but the kitten wristed pulsar owner that can't shift well, still holds his own in the wifes GTI though:dance:

And the pulsar, well lets just say that all it would see off the AssTray is the dissapointed look of the driver in the rear view mirror.:D

SSS_Hoon

cmon mate, fair enough if your pulsar can beat most astras on here, then thats great you have a fast car, but theres no need to post the assumed fact in just about every new member topic. ok, maybe not that often :D
i know you say it in a friendly manner, and i have no problem with you saying it, but considering this is a opel forum, and not a nissan forum, maybe just put it in your sig and be done with it. :)

and also, leave my ass-tray number plate alone lol :p

on the starwars/stargate topic, i say starwars is gay.
infact starwars sux!
lets make 3 movies, 3 movies made.
oh shit, cant think of a good enough story to make a sequel, lets make a few prequels and pretend we had them written from the very beginning...crap!
fair enough stargate had its boring moments too, but at least it was entertaining.
just my 2c.

SSS_Hoon
19th October 2008, 01:13 PM
ive still got the touch...

LoL, yeah you have been trying ever so hard lately and i thought i better feed the troll or it might get angry :D

jaysastra, LoL its all fun. Me a fast car LoL, was just a reply to the OPC man:dance: see above^

Yeah totally agree stargate owns starwars for sure 10 seasons on the main SG1, 5 seasons on the spinoff Atlantis 1 original movie and 3 more coming whoo hoo go stargate. And too top it all off there is another stargate series starting soon aswell.

SSS_Hoon

btm
20th October 2008, 11:06 AM
welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!

chanmingfu2004
3rd November 2008, 12:58 PM
Welcome, i want a SRI if i got the money.

jaffa-cree
3rd November 2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome, i want a SRI if i got the money.

the SRiT is a good choice, but now if I had the chance, I may spend the extra $5000 and get the VXR!

Murray
7th November 2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Jim
I chose the Astra like you and like the site I am really enjoying it
Cheers
Murray

jaffa-cree
7th November 2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Jim
I chose the Astra like you and like the site I am really enjoying it
Cheers
Murray

Congrats!

I am still enjoying mine, though I do not drive enough or long enough to get any sort of enjoyment.

What colour did you get?

Neeko
7th November 2008, 08:33 PM
welcome you two :)

Murray
9th November 2008, 11:50 AM
Congrats!

I am still enjoying mine, though I do not drive enough or long enough to get any sort of enjoyment.

What colour did you get?
Got the black and tint-was going to take some shots today but dark and overcast here at the moment

Neeko
9th November 2008, 11:55 AM
Got the black and tint-was going to take some shots today but dark and overcast here at the moment

wat percentage of tint did you get?