PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to do work to my 2007 astra sri turbo

DJETIC
18th October 2008, 12:25 AM
I have an Astra Sri Turbo and I was wanting to do some minor work to it, i was thinking stainless steel exhaust, intercooler and comp and just tuning it. any ideas of what i might be able to get out of it? Any suggestions?

KingOfAstras
18th October 2008, 08:45 AM
Nemo has a similar setup, 3" stainless steel turbo-back exhaust, front mount intercooler, and unichip and gets 147kW ATW, his thread with more details... http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13818

Hope this gives you some indication :)

CNBLU
18th October 2008, 09:41 AM
Hello and Welcome Buddy.

I would say you should be able to get around 145-150kw atw with your list of mods.

Good luck and keep us up to date with your progress.

auzvectra
18th October 2008, 10:11 AM
well we have gotten around the high 130's to low 150's with those sort of mods on the astra g, so i would say the h wouldne be far off ;).

DJETIC
18th October 2008, 03:59 PM
thanks for ur help guys. i will probably get something done very soon.. i am however thinking i might upgrade to the vxr.. any ideas what i might get if i do the same, exhaust, cooler and tune??

OPC
18th October 2008, 04:59 PM
thanks for ur help guys. i will probably get something done very soon.. i am however thinking i might upgrade to the vxr.. any ideas what i might get if i do the same, exhaust, cooler and tune??

with the VXR you can get a plug and play unit called a Bluefin that will program your cars ECU

so no need for a piggy back computer voiding your warranty

its a simple and very affective tool to have for the car

there are a couple of guys in NSW running a Bluefin on their VXR's and swear by the product

it cost's around $1200 AUS imported from the UK and you can run 3 stages of boost

stage 1 you can run with just the Bluefin giving minimum boost

stage 2 is Bluefin and full exhaust with medium boost

stage 3 is Bluefin , full exhaust and intercooler with max boost

stage 4 well now that will cost alot... but people in the UK are doing it and producing over 400HP

i would NOT recomend using stage 2 or 3 boost with standard exhaust and intercooler

to find out more visit www.hsvvxr.com or im sure shaun will say to pm him cos he knows everything

DJETIC
19th October 2008, 11:56 AM
hey thanks for that. i will look into that. when are you guys doing next cruise? i wouldnt mind catching up

auzvectra
19th October 2008, 03:03 PM
u just missed a big 1 last wkend ;).
will be a lil while b4 we have another. keep an eye on the qld section.

chrissn89
19th October 2008, 06:35 PM
Good luck with the mods

play nice guys ;)

glider
20th October 2008, 07:41 AM
when are you guys doing next cruise? i wouldnt mind catching up

whenever someone else decides to host one ;) I've had my turn for this year

chrissn89
20th October 2008, 12:46 PM
whenever someone else decides to host one ;) I've had my turn for this year

My mate (nicoliam88) and i are thinking about doing one early next year, i wont let you in on any details yet as were still deciding a few things ;)

JohnBu
20th October 2008, 01:25 PM

if you're going to upgrade to the VXR, don't start wasting any money on your current car.

Wraith
20th October 2008, 01:27 PM
if you're going to upgrade to the VXR, don't start wasting any money on your current car.

+ 1

Very good point !

AH Sri Turb04
30th October 2008, 04:51 PM
with the VXR you can get a plug and play unit called a Bluefin that will program your cars ECU

so no need for a piggy back computer voiding your warranty

its a simple and very affective tool to have for the car

there are a couple of guys in NSW running a Bluefin on their VXR's and swear by the product

it cost's around $1200 AUS imported from the UK and you can run 3 stages of boost

stage 1 you can run with just the Bluefin giving minimum boost

stage 2 is Bluefin and full exhaust with medium boost

stage 3 is Bluefin , full exhaust and intercooler with max boost

stage 4 well now that will cost alot... but people in the UK are doing it and producing over 400HP

i would NOT recomend using stage 2 or 3 boost with standard exhaust and intercooler

to find out more visit www.hsvvxr.com (http://www.hsvvxr.com) or im sure shaun will say to pm him cos he knows everything

Does the bluefin also work for the SRi-T's???