PDA

View Full Version : Hiya from SA

blondy
15th October 2008, 07:10 PM
hiya,

just sayin hi...just got my first astra...its my first modern car, upgraded from a 1983 toyota celica.

my astra is a 2002 Equipe, 5 speed manual, came with a sports kit on it and 5 spoke mags and spoiler...nothing fancy but its a big upgrade from what i use to drive.

Joined so i could get some ideas with what i can do to it, and also from the knowledge that i hope to be able to gain and get access too.

first thing i plan to do to it is maybe look at gettin sum of the chips in the paint tended to, since i could only afford a second hand car at the moment. But i may end up lookin at a new body kit...or at least the rear so i can fit twin exhausts out the back if it fits the undercarriage.

But for now its just those two things until i can find the resources to parts and where to get them from in SA in the Adelaide region...plus seeing and gettin suggestions of wots possible and looks good...not to mention the money factor...i think i have chosen a expensive hobby.

anyways thats all i got to say for now...look forward to cruisin through the forum and findin some cool ideas.

auzvectra
15th October 2008, 07:54 PM
welcome to the site, plenty of info on here for you ;).

sadavidsriturbo
15th October 2008, 07:58 PM
hiya,

just sayin hi...just got my first astra...its my first modern car, upgraded from a 1983 toyota celica.

my astra is a 2002 Equipe, 5 speed manual, came with a sports kit on it and 5 spoke mags and spoiler...nothing fancy but its a big upgrade from what i use to drive.

Joined so i could get some ideas with what i can do to it, and also from the knowledge that i hope to be able to gain and get access too.

first thing i plan to do to it is maybe look at gettin sum of the chips in the paint tended to, since i could only afford a second hand car at the moment. But i may end up lookin at a new body kit...or at least the rear so i can fit twin exhausts out the back if it fits the undercarriage.

But for now its just those two things until i can find the resources to parts and where to get them from in SA in the Adelaide region...plus seeing and gettin suggestions of wots possible and looks good...not to mention the money factor...i think i have chosen a expensive hobby.

anyways thats all i got to say for now...look forward to cruisin through the forum and findin some cool ideas.

Welcome to opel aus;)

btm
16th October 2008, 10:06 AM
welcome blondy and congrats on the purchase!

Vectracious
16th October 2008, 10:07 AM
Welcome blondy - post up some pics when you get the chance in the Members car section :)

AH Sri Turb04
16th October 2008, 12:08 PM
congrats on ur purchase - and welcome to the forum

hey I saw a celica for sale in the north-eastern suburbs, black for just under $2k recently.... maybe pure coincidence!!!

RobCDX
17th October 2008, 08:27 AM
welcome to opelaus!
and woot for another south australian member

blondy
17th October 2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys...your alot nicer than the others at AstraNation...not takin the mickey out of any1 here that may be members ther aswell tho...lol
Seems like i'm the only one thats ever viewed my welcome thread over there...plus checkin others welcome threads...i seem to be the only one that has ever bin in the same boat...???

hey I saw a celica for sale in the north-eastern suburbs, black for just under $2k recently.... maybe pure coincidence!!!

Na mine was a wine colour one, and it didnt last too long online...you woulda had of bin quick to see it, was very surprised how quick it went.

will post pic's soon hopefully...even tho it aint that fancy.

yes i like the sound of that...w00t for another south australian...it means ther will hopefully be answers as to where abouts to get stuff from over here in aussieville...besides ebay...not that ebay aint any good.

WoundWowfanAU
18th October 2008, 02:41 PM
Congrats! and WELCOME!!! :)

bluemuppet
22nd October 2008, 05:23 PM
welcome and well done on the new ride!