PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a sad SRi owner (now happy)

Ed W
1st August 2004, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently reversed my Astra SRi into a concrete pillar in a car park :oops: shattering the rear driver's side lenses. Just the plastic cover - the bulbs are fine and no other aparent damage apart from a thin scratch on the bumper. I was looking for aftermarket replacements I stumbled onto the old msn site, which brought me here! :)

Ed.
ps. I'm still looking for a set of tail lights - preferably the black Irmscher ones :)

Edit: I've now gotten a set of Sri-T tail lights. pretty cool. now for the front... :)

sunny
1st August 2004, 09:29 PM
welcome mate ... sorry to hear about the accident :?

go for the tinted turbo ones cheaper

RK
1st August 2004, 09:37 PM
looks like the little accident led you onto bigger and better things.. OPELAUS!! :D

enjoy you stay here mate.. you'll be very glad you had the accident ;)

Ed W
1st August 2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys,

appreciate the tip on the turbo tail lights, too. :)

mr_astra_retired
1st August 2004, 10:03 PM
Welcome there ED , sorry to hear about the bingle mate , but yer the irmscher ones or turbo ones will look the biz !!

Steven

Degen-Astra
1st August 2004, 10:12 PM
STUPID CAR PARKS! Grrr...thats how I put a nice big scratch in my old City.

BTW - Welcome to the site! :D

Dee
2nd August 2004, 01:11 PM
yeah my 91 barina found a concrete pillar too... no major damage.. jsut a little crease in the metal under the back window :oops:

Jackson
2nd August 2004, 03:39 PM
Ahhhh there tinted, was wondering what the diff is, yer the turbo ones look the biz

Ed W
2nd August 2004, 03:58 PM
Yep, I think the dark tinted ones look great.

Btw, thanks again! Everyone I've talked to has smacked their car into something sometime. Good to know I'm not alone! :lol:

MiksOpel
2nd August 2004, 03:59 PM
i had the same fun with a work van, bent rear plastic, nothing too bad thankfully

Dregger
2nd August 2004, 05:02 PM
Damn conreate pillers... i tell you they are alive...ALIVE!!!

i have had the unfourtunate incident of getting chased down by one.....i almost got away but my damn sprained ankle got in the way!

FlySri
2nd August 2004, 07:45 PM
It funny how people end up here !!!!!
Welcome !!!!

woody
3rd August 2004, 05:00 PM
Gotta watch them pillars/trees/garage doors they'll jump out and getcha when you least expect it.

Ed W
3rd August 2004, 06:30 PM
:lol: yeah my first thought was "that crunch sound wasn't supposed to happen".

GOZOFF
5th August 2004, 10:38 PM
AH SORRY TO HEAR BUT http://animation-central.com/welcome/welcome3.gif ALL THE SAME http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/common034.gif