PDA

View Full Version : opel aus rocks

sadavidsriturbo
10th October 2008, 02:28 PM
just thought id say i have been on this site for only 8 months, At times i just stalk by reading and not posting
but i have been putting in a little more input sometimes criticism..... i have learned a lot and over time can see that i am going to save heaps of money when i start modding the engine thanks guys keep it up;)

mr corsa
10th October 2008, 02:34 PM
just keep hanging shit on the newbies and you will fit right in :clap:

Wraith
10th October 2008, 02:36 PM
LOL ^^^

Glad your enjoying it sadavidsriturbo :)

InsaneAsylum
10th October 2008, 02:56 PM
thank you for sharing that Captain Obvious :D

Huhness
10th October 2008, 03:23 PM
Yea I guess this place is OK.. :D

chrissn89
10th October 2008, 04:04 PM
I like this forum, cant wait till i get bullied

btm
10th October 2008, 04:07 PM
its addictive... :rolleyes:

Ice
10th October 2008, 04:11 PM
that it is......

nuggz
10th October 2008, 04:14 PM
to a point where i spend half my working day on it :D

OPC
10th October 2008, 04:17 PM
I like this forum, cant wait till i get bullied

shut up you dumbass

glider
10th October 2008, 04:23 PM
its addictive... :rolleyes:

dam straight it is...

very useful too

Calibrated
10th October 2008, 04:47 PM
about time it picked up too. early this year it was dead.

chrissn89
10th October 2008, 04:56 PM
shut up you dumbass

you know what man, shut the fuk up.

Wraith
10th October 2008, 05:00 PM
It has its ups and downs, but in the nearly 5 years I've been around, it's been mostly always busy :)

Pity though that out of the thousands of members, we only have a regular couple dozen or so...it would really come alive if it were like many other forums I'm a member of, where there are always hundreds (up to 3 or 400 :eek:) online at any one time...

sadavidsriturbo
10th October 2008, 05:31 PM
It has its ups and downs, but in the nearly 5 years I've been around, it's been mostly always busy :)

Pity though that out of the thousands of members, we only have a regular couple dozen or so...it would really come alive if it were like many other forums I'm a member of, where there are always hundreds (up to 3 or 400 :eek:) online at any one time...

i know what your saying but then it gets a little impersonal i dont mind this place......... CAPTAIN OBVIOUS OUT

OPC
10th October 2008, 06:30 PM
it would really come alive if it were like many other forums I'm a member of, where there are always hundreds (up to 3 or 400 :eek:) online at any one time...

is that the "Felcher Forum" ?

Shaun
11th October 2008, 06:48 AM

HAHAHA Gold......

R3N
11th October 2008, 01:35 PM
you know what man, shut the fuk up.

you're not meant to fight back... you're meant to PM the Admin team and whinge at them... that's how it works here. if i didn't know any better, i'd have thought you were trying NOT to fit in! :p

Vectracious
11th October 2008, 03:04 PM
you're not meant to fight back... you're meant to PM the Admin team and whinge at them... that's how it works here. if i didn't know any better, i'd have thought you were trying NOT to fit in! :p
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/boy2403/word_gangsta_granny1.jpg

CNBLU
11th October 2008, 03:49 PM
Too many chiefs not enough indians.....

bornwild
11th October 2008, 04:21 PM
You guys know this forum would be nothing without me and Shaun.

Love you sweetie!

OPC
11th October 2008, 04:48 PM

Love you sweetie!

well mr corsa is starting to take your title away boy

OPC
11th October 2008, 04:51 PM

yeah but he knows admin dont give a rats ass

bornwild
11th October 2008, 05:00 PM
well mr corsa is starting to take your title away boy

nooo!....how did I miss out on it?

chrissn89
11th October 2008, 05:01 PM

mental note dont fight back, be a dibber dobber. Trying to fit in, id never do that ;)

i found that out the hard way.

Noir
11th October 2008, 05:13 PM
nooo!....how did I miss out on it?

You will be replaced. It is inevitable.

You took the place of Rhino vs. Shaun.

bornwild
11th October 2008, 05:15 PM
So Shaun I was just a one time fling...now I'm upset.

Vectracious
11th October 2008, 05:34 PM

I think I'm seeing a pattern here........ ;)

Vectracious
11th October 2008, 05:42 PM

only for some people - like mohawk.

OPC
14th October 2008, 10:54 PM
only for some people - like mohawk.

who ?

Red AH SRI T
14th October 2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, Opelaus rocks.

Except for the last few days :p

Brucey
14th October 2008, 11:15 PM
I dont like Opel Aus because i would not have spent all this money on my car if i did not visit this site:):)

Shaun
15th October 2008, 06:30 AM

Love you sweetie!

Its ok. your mummys on her way to tuck you into bed.
Hmm theres a theory : Could it be that Bornsoft and Roger Cordia are the same person???? Because they both dribble alot of shit....

who ?

Come on Noir...... Rhino and i get on well (Now);)

Ohh getting back on top.... forum has gone down hill since Turblue left and handed it over to pauly J.

Its a well known fact.

Shaun
15th October 2008, 06:34 AM
Too many chiefs not enough indians.....

I will second this comment. And What ever happen to having admin and Moderators from each state. Not one from NSW anymore.

And some people know arround here know what was to happen when someone who shall remain nameless moved the NSW forum over to The Main forum was meant to be added as a Admin but it was giving directly to someone in VIC.

I will stop with my thoughts there. But if anyone wishes to know the Truth please feel free to contact me via PM. Im quite willing to let it all out of the bag.

Opelgate here we come... hehe.

Snotty
15th October 2008, 06:41 AM
keep up the good work admins, dont change a thing :clap:

SSS_Hoon
15th October 2008, 06:50 AM

Love you sweetie!

what i dont get a mention? :boohoo:

SSS_Hoon

Vectracious
15th October 2008, 07:50 AM
I will stop with my thoughts there. But if anyone wishes to know the Truth please feel free to contact me via PM. Im quite willing to let it all out of the bag.

Opelgate here we come... hehe.

Yes people its all a big conspiracy.....

And Shaun, you really aren't doing yourself any favours.

poita
15th October 2008, 08:49 AM
oh please shaun post up it up in a new thread.
im sure your dying to have a whinge and bitch about PJ and OA.

CNBLU
15th October 2008, 08:59 AM
Ohh getting back on top.... forum has gone down hill since Turblue left and handed it over to pauly J.

Its a well known fact.

And yet you continue to annoy us all on here...

Are you a little cranky that you werent given admin access princess??

Ice
15th October 2008, 09:05 AM
keep up the good work admins, dont change a thing :clap:

agreed ! things are going great.

Ice
15th October 2008, 09:15 AM
forum has gone down hill since Turblue left and handed it over to pauly J.

Its a well known fact.

well its only as good as its members and with posts like that ! ....

I think your comments are unfounded and should maybe have been used in a more constructive way.

ICE

Wraith
15th October 2008, 09:16 AM

Not exactly sure what you mean by that, (seems to be a private joke between yourself and Shaun :rolleyes: ) but point I was making is that it's a very good forum here and 'more participation' would make it even better ;)

Wraith
15th October 2008, 09:20 AM

Love you sweetie!

LOL I must admit, I do enjoy your commentry here BW as I've met you in person, I do you what your all about, despite the persona you put on for everybody here :)

Wraith
15th October 2008, 09:26 AM
well its only as good as its members and with posts like that ! ....

Well I think your comments are unfounded and should maybe have been used in a more constructive way.

ICE

+ 1

Alot of people here have had their ups and downs, including myself - thing to do is to try and resolve the situation if you care at all about it...once resolved you can continue to enjoy the participation, especially if your a regular :)

I'm sure all regulars here enjoy it and it may even be an addiction, that's the main 'buzz' of it all :)

Snotty
15th October 2008, 09:35 AM
shaun you should protest and leave oa and never come back.

im sure the admins will change their ways and beg to have you back.... that'll teach them....

OPC
15th October 2008, 09:38 AM
Not exactly sure what you mean by that, (seems to be a private joke between yourself and Shaun :rolleyes: )

ummm, no it wasn't...

it was actually my sense of humour and shaun must not like you and decided to laugh at it to make you upset or something, im not sure how his mind works

back on topic: was shaun promised admin status ?

if so, how come him and not me ?

PaulyJ
15th October 2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Shaun,

How are you today?
Naprogesics haven't kicked in yet I see...
Reason why you are not Admin or moderator on OA, is simple.
Myself and the rest of the Admin Team dont feel you deserve the position.
Your additude, the way you react simply proves our point.
Has the site gone down since I've taken over. Yes it has. I'll be the first to admit it. I'm not going to pussy foot around. I haven't been able to fill Waynes shoes, not sure if anyone will.
He was a fantastic Owner and Admin of OA. Would you have done better? I'm not sure. It was given to me over you, so that speaks for itself.
Shaun, as you know, if you have something to bitch about us Admins, you can do it on the forums, sure, but there are certain actions we will take.
If you really don't like it, simple, click the red x in the top right hand corner and leave. I nor any of us herer are forcing you to stay, yet you keep coming back.
Does OA meet your expectations? Obviously not. Does it meet other members expectations? Obviously since they keep coming back. Many members visit the site regularily. Why? Ask them. Each person has their own reasons. We used to have more, true, can we get more, of course we can.

I'd just like to thanks Amanda for the time and patience in getting OA back online. This wasn't a quick fix this time. We were having database issues with our host, and they simply weren't being co-operative, which took some time in getting the issues resolved.
We do appologise if this has caused you to actually do some work at work, but we worked on this as quickly as we could.

Regards

Paul
+ Admin Team

Wraith
15th October 2008, 10:04 AM
ummm, no it wasn't...

it was actually my sense of humour and shaun must not like you and decided to laugh at it to make you upset or something, im not sure how his mind works

Thanks for the explanation, TBH no harm done ;)

Pauly thankyou to you and Amanda for getting the forum back online :clap:

I for one (and I'm sure others too) was beginning to suffer withdrawl symptoms, without my regular daily dosage :)

Vectracious
15th October 2008, 10:19 AM

im not sure how his mind works

I think you've just answered your own question Jay.

SSS_Hoon
15th October 2008, 10:39 AM
hrmmmm

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
15th October 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Shaun,

Reason why you are not Admin or moderator on OA, is simple.
Myself and the rest of the Admin Team dont feel you deserve the position.
Your additude, the way you react simply proves our point.

That statement isnt totally correct and you are quite aware of that. And the problem i am bring to everyones attn is that there is No NSW Representive. I had or have no desire for the postion . You were well aware of this in the past but mentioned that if no suitable replacement could be found i would help out until one was found.

But however the point im trying to make before you got on your high horse , is the postion that was mentioned to me as a Admin for NSW was never appointed. And thats where the gripe is in relation to NSW Admin. Not with myself not being appointed to the Postion.

This forum is called " Opelaus" not "Opel Melbourne" as a good 80% of the admin team is based in Melbourne. I think there should be a complete New admin team. Back to a representive from each state for a fair representaion of all the members.

Let get it back to the days of being a " fair representation " of the members from each state. That the problem with the forum. When Wayne was in charge the forum was fair and represneted fair. not with my self being an Admin.

Pauly how about doing something good for a change. Open a Suggestion thread. And allow the members to express there ideas for a change without being shot down. Im sick to death of threads being locked because an admin dont like someone saying something. Most recent one that comes to mind was when a new member joined with the latest Barina. Admin post a smart ass comment then lock the thread.

Its not consistant to have members with Alfa's , WRX's Pulsar then to lock a thread with a new Barina. Consistancy is the key here.

Kindest Regards
Shaun

PaulyJ
15th October 2008, 04:57 PM
Seriously Shaun, did you fail basic maths?

Me = Melbourne
Pete = Melbourne
Mat = Melbourne
Amanda = Brisbane
Peter = QLD
R3N = Sydney <--- I think thats in NSW

Shaun
15th October 2008, 05:01 PM
Seriously Shaun, did you fail basic maths?

Me = Melbourne
Pete = Melbourne
Mat = Melbourne
Amanda = Brisbane
Peter = QLD
R3N = Sydney <--- I think thats in NSW

No but its quite clear you failed reading 101.

R3N
OpelAus Moderator

As Per R3N Status next to his post.
Didnt realise after living in Sydney all my Life that WA is part of NSW now.
And if R3N has moved to Sydney then why would you appoint someone who has not been active in terms of attending meets or events in the 3 years i have been on Opelaus. If i recall correctly has the Admin of Opelaus NSW i have data at home with attendance of events and R3N didnt feature on any list of attendance .

Vectracious
15th October 2008, 05:02 PM
This forum is called " Opelaus" not "Opel Melbourne" as a good 80% of the admin team is based in Melbourne. I think there should be a complete New admin team.

Maths is obviously not your strong suit Shaun

Only admin from VIC are Pauly, myself
Matsholden is from VIC but only as a moderator
Noir and Poita are QLD
R3N is WA

50% is not 80%

We have an idea of who we want to ask for NSW.

At the end of the day - the site is Pauly's and Pauly's decision to do whatever he wants. We do NOT ask for payment to be a member on the site - we do NOT ask for payment to keep the site going - we ARE looking at bringing in some benefits for members who are willing to pay a small annual fee - we are in the process of finalising some details.

We ALL know that you're just pissed off that you haven't become an admin on the site - I suggest you harden the **** up and stop whinging about it.

Shaun
15th October 2008, 05:10 PM
Maths is obviously not your strong suit Shaun

Only admin from VIC are Pauly, myself
Matsholden is from VIC but only as a moderator
Noir and Poita are QLD
R3N is WA

50% is not 80%

We have an idea of who we want to ask for NSW.

At the end of the day - the site is Pauly's and Pauly's decision to do whatever he wants. We do NOT ask for payment to be a member on the site - we do NOT ask for payment to keep the site going - we ARE looking at bringing in some benefits for members who are willing to pay a small annual fee - we are in the process of finalising some details.

We ALL know that you're just pissed off that you haven't become an admin on the site - I suggest you harden the **** up and stop whinging about it.

When you include Admin and Mod it makes up a good percentage of the forum being controlled from Melbourne.

Point im making and its quite still clear here is there is No Represntive from NSW South Aust Tas ACT and NT

If you have an idea of who you want for NSW then come on hurry up and do something about it. Its now been 8 months since the NSW forum was closed and still nothing has been put in place.

Stop talking about it . Appoint someone .........

PaulyJ
15th October 2008, 05:10 PM
That's fine
I can accept I was wrong there
Still show VIC has 50%, not 80 like you state.

Shaun, we used to have equal representation, I agree. Those members decided to leave as they had more important commitments.
Amanda, Pete and myself chose the Admin team based on their contribution, attitude, and what they can offer OA. A way of finding the right person for the job.
I don't necessarily look at where they are, but what they can give back to OA.

glider
15th October 2008, 05:13 PM
I probably shouldn't get involved but, why does each state need a admin member? Regular members are organizing the events and so forth in QLD and NSW all the time, so what dictates the need for admin status?

PaulyJ
15th October 2008, 05:14 PM
When you include Admin and Mod it makes up a good percentage of the forum being controlled from Melbourne.

Point im making and its quite still clear here is there is No Represntive from NSW South Aust Tas ACT and NT

Shaun, I'm not just going to throw people from each state into certain positions just for it to be equal.

Seriously go find a hobby and something else to worry about.

I'm closing this thread as really, its become bullshit, and I'm sick of you Shaun bloody whinging all the time. Like i said earlier, don't like it, leave.

Vectracious
15th October 2008, 05:16 PM

So what?

Point im making and its quite still clear here is there is No Represntive from NSW South Aust Tas ACT and NTNT and SA and Tas are in the WA section which is R3N's domain.

Last post in that section was the 1/10/08

There's very few (if any) members from NT or Tas - so I really can't understand why those states need specific representation.

What part of "we have an idea who to ask for NSW" do you not understand? We haven't made a decision, and quite frankly - we don't need to explain to you why or why we haven't decided yet.

Pauly's closed the thread - you can continue via PM - dunno if we can be arsed telling the same shit over again - its just a merry go round with you complaining about the same things - and it all stems from your little man syndrome of not being offered mod/admin status on Opelaus.

Grow up.