PDA

View Full Version : Audi A1 concept

Wraith
9th October 2008, 09:31 AM
Came across this in my recent Audi researching...looks terrific and sounds great from the spec sheet and has the trademark Audi unbelievably beautiful interior, it's a hybrid too :)

I think it's something that would suit SSSHoon in a few years time :)

http://www.audiworld.com/news/08/paris-a1-sportback-concept/

btm
9th October 2008, 09:53 AM
looks like the new impreza shape...

Astra VXD
9th October 2008, 10:02 AM
wouldn't take much to get the car in production imo.

looks like it could be a hit especially with the new contours and lights and also this new theme of the black glass tailgate window :D

Steve

SSS_Hoon
9th October 2008, 10:40 AM
yeah seen that awhile ago on the VW forum.

i dont think its something i would buy though. if it had haldex and a 2L TFSI instead of the 1.4 then maybe hehehe.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
9th October 2008, 03:46 PM
yeah seen that awhile ago on the VW forum.

i dont think its something i would buy though. if it had haldex and a 2L TFSI instead of the 1.4 then maybe hehehe.

SSS_Hoon

True, looks like they're aiming at maximum efficiency and 'green' factor as this topic will become even more prominent in the future than what it is now...

EL BURITO
9th October 2008, 04:30 PM
As I have said befor the A1 in its privious concept was apealing

that matches it, just as long as it is a 3 door

Wraith
9th October 2008, 04:45 PM
As I have said befor the A1 in its privious concept was apealing

that matches it, just as long as it is a 3 door

Yeh, they mention the 3 door concept and say they'll probably produce both...

Audi are known to release huge numbers of models/variants so that would probably be highly likely :)

vectraguy01
9th October 2008, 07:10 PM
love it, its mad as! wat about a S1. hehe awesome

Jerram
9th October 2008, 07:43 PM
pretty sexy; the kind of thing you buy your wife/girlfriend if you're well to do

bornwild
9th October 2008, 08:22 PM
That looks a lot like a production ready model...

rjastra
9th October 2008, 10:42 PM
That looks a lot like a production ready model...

Thats because the A1 will be released.

bornwild
9th October 2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry, didn't read the articles....is it confirmed?

Wraith
10th October 2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry, didn't read the articles....is it confirmed?

Audi will definitely be releasing a new A1 series, yes :)

They will be also releasing a new R4 and maybe an R3 small sports car models too...there is quite alot of literature and pics floating around on these 2.

Mentioned that in my TTS thread, speculation is the R3 will replace the TT series, we won't know though for a couple of years at least...

I've also read of some in-company stouches going on between Audi and Porsche, now that the latter has 51% share of VW and are starting to push their weight around...

Apparantly they're really putting the ropes on Audi to make sure their models arn't superior to Porsche models, what a shame that is - can't mean a good long term prospect for future R8 models then ??? this Audi also kicks the 911's butt and the new R10 model and other Lambo' must really have had Porsche worried...

Looks like the only way they can try to stay on top is buy out everybody else and control what they do - what a bunch of knobs...

I wonder if they've tried to purchase Renault as they own 45% of Nissan :D

rjastra
10th October 2008, 09:05 AM
Apparantly they're really putting the ropes on Audi to make sure their models arn't superior to Porsche models, what a shame that is - can't mean a good long term prospect for future R8 models then ??? this Audi also kicks the 911's butt and the new R10 model and other Lambo' must really have had Porsche worried...

Personally I dont think the R8 line will be hobbled. Its mid-engined and v8 (v10, diesel on the way). Its like saying AUdi was hobbling Lamborghini to beef up sales of the R8. The current update to the Gallardo would suggest this is not true.

What Porsche may do is make sure any future VW roadster doesn't impinge on the Boxster/Cayman range.

Porsche will be out to make money and reduce THEIR production costs through supply deals and design "synergies" (had to get that in :))

I was reading a recent article that would seem to suggest that the VW empire is now worth more than Toyota. The breadth of product is staggering.

Wraith
10th October 2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the clarification rj :)

I love the word 'synergy' and use it alot myself :)

Not surprised by the last line you mentioned rj, if you do look at all the vehicles in the VW group even disregarding the Porsche' it's quite fantastic indeed :)