PDA

View Full Version : Holden to build another car here?

rjastra
9th October 2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/D75869F4F4E9EAA6CA2574DC000FA10A

We could get the Cruze made here... discuss :)

Wraith
9th October 2008, 08:25 AM
I don't really care what GMH decide to build here or not - as long as it's a TORANA !!!!!!!!

A compact version of the VE with even better styling and a choice of TTV6 or V8 would nice Mr General Motors Holden :D

If that eventuates, I know what I'll be buying in 2010 or whenever it comes out :)

poita
9th October 2008, 10:28 AM
shall be interersting to see which they choose.
overall means more jobs and money for aus.
and more exports too.
good work to holden for doing this

Vectracious
9th October 2008, 11:16 AM
A compact version of the VE with even better styling and a choice of TTV6 or V8 would nice Mr General Motors Holden :D

mmmmm mid size RWD TTV6 goodness.... :D

Wraith
9th October 2008, 01:24 PM
mmmmm mid size RWD TTV6 goodness.... :D

Oh yeah :)

A V8 would be sweeter, but heck I wouldn't say no to a 3.6ltr TT V6 being introduced here in Aust. like GM already have in other Countries :)

And in a car like a down scaled and updated styled VE and called Torana - that would beaut...

Vectracious
9th October 2008, 01:33 PM
A V8 would be sweeter, but heck I wouldn't say no to a 3.6ltr TT V6 being introduced here in Aust. like GM already have in other Countries :)

I dunno why, but I think I'd go for the TTV6 over the V8. Each to their own I suppose.

rjastra
9th October 2008, 01:39 PM
I think the smaller/cheaper to build Cruze (or whatever equivalent) would be more likely :)

The lower the dollar stays the better for Holden.

Wraith
9th October 2008, 01:40 PM
I dunno why, but I think I'd go for the TTV6 over the V8. Each to their own I suppose.

To be totally honest with you - so would I :o unless there will be an ultimate model with the new LS9 S/C V8, that I'd kill for :D

The V6 TT would have awesome power and torque stock and the tuning for more would be so easy and affordable...and stock it'll probably be better than the V8 in both performance and efficiency...

I can tell you that a V6 TT is definitely on the cards within GMH ATM - I've got my 'inside informants' at HSV telling me they've already mocked up several HSV variants which will be powered with it !

Look forward to seeing the future mid sized platforms that'll be released with this powerplant as the VE is just too big a car for my liking...

rjastra
9th October 2008, 03:03 PM
Talking of engines... the direct injection version of the 3.6L V6 (in the new Cadillac CTS) puts out 227kw... on regular cats piss 91RON. I hope that finds its way into the commodore soon.

Wraith
9th October 2008, 03:25 PM
Talking of engines... the direct injection version of the 3.6L V6 (in the new Cadillac CTS) puts out 227kw... on regular cats piss 91RON. I hope that finds its way into the commodore soon.

Yeh, that's true - we'll soon have an N/A 230kw 3.6 V6 in the Holden range :)

I was told VE series II will feature it :)

daiflu
9th October 2008, 09:13 PM
First serious talk go down at end of the month ;)
Will be very interesting to see what comes of it.

I'm not suprised this information has been "leaked" It's been on-site for a while now, and with thousands of employees, it was only a matter of time.