PDA

View Full Version : need a ecu flash

sadavidsriturbo
8th October 2008, 04:32 PM
who is doing the ecu flash for ah sri-t tried to ring hold on tight but no answer will send ecu down so dont really matter what state please :D

sadavidsriturbo
8th October 2008, 06:30 PM
bump tried searching but does aus vectra do one for the AH

lampshade
8th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Why dont you go Bluefin m8? have you changed your exhaust (1st thing I would do) the pre cat is just robbing a car of power till you change it for a down pipe:angel:

sooty
8th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Pretty sure wayne does it..

sadavidsriturbo
8th October 2008, 06:55 PM
Why dont you go Bluefin m8? have you changed your exhaust (1st thing I would do) the pre cat is just robbing a car of power till you change it for a down pipe:angel:

ok never heard of it ill google it thanks

sadavidsriturbo
8th October 2008, 06:56 PM
Pretty sure wayne does it..

is that turblue??? aka h.o.t performance??? been trying to ring all day sent an e-mail so he may get back to me soon

sooty
8th October 2008, 06:57 PM
is that turblue??? aka h.o.t performance??? been trying to ring all day sent an e-mail so he may get back to me soon

yes:cool:

auzvectra
8th October 2008, 10:25 PM
yes wayne does them, although he was disheartened with the lack of interest after all the money and effort he put into the new setup for the ah sri-t and vxr.
i know he was considering not doing them anymore, and just sticking with the mazda crew instead. but keep trying, if you get hold of him i'm sure he'll answer which way he has gone.

sadavidsriturbo
8th October 2008, 10:50 PM
yes wayne does them, although he was disheartened with the lack of interest after all the money and effort he put into the new setup for the ah sri-t and vxr.
i know he was considering not doing them anymore, and just sticking with the mazda crew instead. but keep trying, if you get hold of him i'm sure he'll answer which way he has gone.

yeah he said he still does them but he may need my car he is going to get back to me hopefully i dont have to drive down :(

auzvectra
9th October 2008, 10:40 AM
well i may be goin down that way soonish for a tuning run if the vic 1 works out well. if i do, i'll ask him if he wants me to act as his agent for it to save the drive.

sadavidsriturbo
9th October 2008, 12:27 PM
well i may be goin down that way soonish for a tuning run if the vic 1 works out well. if i do, i'll ask him if he wants me to act as his agent for it to save the drive.

yeah that sounds good ill wait and see what wayne says and ill take it from there thanks:)

auzvectra
9th October 2008, 04:18 PM
yeah thats all good, i'm in no way trying to step on his toes. i would only be doing for him, if he wanted to ;).

AH Sri Turb04
30th October 2008, 04:55 PM
I am also keen to get a flash, but it sounds unlikely we'll be able to get wayne down to adelaide to get the flash done :(

sadavidsriturbo
30th October 2008, 06:53 PM
I am also keen to get a flash, but it sounds unlikely we'll be able to get wayne down to adelaide to get the flash done :(

Im just going to go for the EDS IPF from regal autosport at least that way i can just get it tuned when ever i need to ended up gettin aza28 forged pistons and rod now just getting some mone together got a long list of mods comming soon ;)

link

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18646

AH Sri Turb04
4th November 2008, 11:28 AM
Im just going to go for the EDS IPF from regal autosport ....

Thorney Motorsport also have a system which can be purchased for the H SRi-T but I actually can't remember the cost!

Regarding the EDS IPF - we'd have to buy the unit/cables and the software is that correct?

On a side note: i reckon i saw your (brothers i think) SRI-013 this morning on grenfell St!!

sadavidsriturbo
4th November 2008, 12:15 PM
Thorney Motorsport also have a system which can be purchased for the H SRi-T but I actually can't remember the cost!

Regarding the EDS IPF - we'd have to buy the unit/cables and the software is that correct?

On a side note: i reckon i saw your (brothers i think) SRI-013 this morning on grenfell St!!

Thats correct about the cables ect. I am not to sure if they have a generic tune already on them otherwise you would have to also get it dyno tuned as well kinda not worth it if you are only just getting a tune. Might have to look into it more not 100%

Good spot on my brother he bought my stockie mags and is puting them on soon and also geting a eibach pro kit soon ;)

auzvectra
4th November 2008, 08:16 PM
was talking to wayne the other day, he has 2 or 4 (cant remember :p) flash units for sale still, they do the g or the h (1 module does 1 car only) with 3 file slots, 2 tuned and 1 stock which is read off ur car.
they are both generic remap files.
the ah is $950 inc the 2 remapped files
the ts is $600 inc the 2 remapped files

sadavidsriturbo
4th November 2008, 08:22 PM
was talking to wayne the other day, he has 2 or 4 (cant remember :p) flash units for sale still, they do the g or the h (1 module does 1 car only) with 3 file slots, 2 tuned and 1 stock which is read off ur car.
they are both generic remap files.
the ah is $950 inc the 2 remapped files
the ts is $600 inc the 2 remapped files

does that mean i can re-map it later when i change the turbo ect?

auzvectra
4th November 2008, 09:31 PM
they are both generic files, and are encoded on the h, i would doubt it, but i'm not 100% sure on that 1.

sadavidsriturbo
4th November 2008, 09:57 PM
dam would have been good otherwise, little bit cheaper

AH Sri Turb04
6th November 2008, 08:49 AM
they are both generic files, and are encoded on the h, i would doubt it, but i'm not 100% sure on that 1.

how does it work??

is it a plug and play one use only?? If so, it "reads" your cars setup and then re-maps it??

auzvectra
6th November 2008, 10:03 AM
for the ah, u need to read the file, then it's sent to wayne, wayne passes it on to his people, gets 2 encoded files back, which will be sent back to you and loaded to the module. then you choose the file you want to load onto ur car.
the module is for 1 car only, and i belive is locked to that car ;).
not 1 use, but use for 1 car only. to return to stock or switch maps as you wish.

Turblue
6th November 2008, 11:41 AM
Correct.

These are hand held units that can do the AH and G series. As mentioned, they come with two tuned files.

Sorry, there is no "custom" tune here. That is just too long a process and too expensive for me to be bothered with. Sorry, they are the facts. I suggest you contact Gavin.

BTW, the cost is not negotiable. This is not a $50 exercise like some think it ought to be.

What very FEW of you know is how bloody lucky we were to get an unencrypted open file for the G model. Plus get permission from the Designer to use as we pleased. This allowed me to sell it at a REALLY cheap price just for people on this forum.

This is truthfully, the way it turned out. Lucky for all that got the G tune.

Now, the AH is a different ball game. Costs are a hell of a lot higher, and that is what IT IS ACTUALLY MEANT TO BE. No more cheap Chinese knockoff tools. Real Pro Grade gear. Worth thousands of dollars. Linked to respected Euro Tuners.

I have luckily come across a couple of handheld units from another Tuner I am affiliated with. These are similar to Bluefin etc. They all do the same thing. In fact, they are basically the same really as the Chinese tools. Just a little smarter.

Here endeth my post. You know where to find me.

noobie
10th November 2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, Just to be clear, as i am a little slow at times.

Turblue, you have a hand held unit I can buy from you, pre-loaded with 2 maps, so I can "plug and play" my tune to the car.

So if it gets overwritten by my dealer, i have the unit and simply reload the map?

Why do I have the feeling i got that all wrong!:eek:

poita
10th November 2008, 07:08 PM
email him noobie, he very rarely ventures these paths anymore

auzvectra
10th November 2008, 10:00 PM
that is pretty close noobie ;).
the module is empty if you have a h turbo or vxr, u read the stock file into the module, send it to wayne, he then sends it off, gets the 2 tuned files, n sends them back. u load these onto the module then plug it in n load which ever you want.

noobie
11th November 2008, 12:10 AM
Ok, well that's sounds pretty good value $ to kWs.
I read on his site approx 25kw gain, so about 18% gain for about $900 with no other mods.

I'm gonna start saving and get some more detail from him.

I don't want to physically mod my car at this stage as i may be pissin off overseas and have to sell it in the not too distant future.

noobie
11th November 2008, 12:47 AM
so how would an extra 25kws and 40 nm traslate into o-100 times?
Anyone know?

auzvectra
11th November 2008, 10:23 AM
as a rule of thumb, normally about 1/2 sec quicker 0-100 ;).

auzvectra
11th November 2008, 10:24 AM
think i did 0.6 secs faster down the 1/4 with my g after the remap, and then another 0.2 sec quicker later on, when i fixed an issue i had.

noobie
11th November 2008, 01:49 PM
as a rule of thumb, normally about 1/2 sec quicker 0-100 ;).

Ohhh, pretty sweet. I think i'd be happy with that.................for now.:p

auzvectra
11th November 2008, 08:22 PM
haha, then comes the fmic, and the exhaust.

Turblue
11th November 2008, 08:24 PM
You are correct......

:)

Email me at [email protected] or visit my website for contact details. Would love to hear from you.

Cheers.

Ok, Just to be clear, as i am a little slow at times.

Turblue, you have a hand held unit I can buy from you, pre-loaded with 2 maps, so I can "plug and play" my tune to the car.

So if it gets overwritten by my dealer, i have the unit and simply reload the map?

Why do I have the feeling i got that all wrong!:eek:

Turblue
11th November 2008, 08:30 PM
HUGE generalization Matt.......

The results from my car ( Mazda CX7 ) are incredible.
Stock 0-100kmh = 8.5 seconds @ 127kw
Tuned 0-100kmh = 6.8 seconds @ 158kw.

I have one QUICK "Mummy Bus"........

All cars react differently to tunes, that is reality. I suggest you all visit my website and read the FAQ. You'll learn a thing or two..... (I wrote this FAQ to be honest and truthful. It now appears on three other Tuner's websites in the USA, UK and Singapore.)

think i did 0.6 secs faster down the 1/4 with my g after the remap, and then another 0.2 sec quicker later on, when i fixed an issue i had.

auzvectra
11th November 2008, 08:38 PM
well i did say "rule of thumb", and there are always variations to rule of thumb ;).
thats why i mentioned what my astra did, as it should be reasonably comparable to the h turbo's.