PDA

View Full Version : Right on schedule, at 60,500km

PTB
4th October 2008, 01:47 PM
I hadn't gotten around to ordering the timing kit plus water pump from autovaux yet, but I spoke to Mark last week...

Well, right on time, almost spot on 60,000kms the water pump has bitten the dust.

Well, the bearings are making a chuffing noise and there is an unknown source of a coolant leak coming from that area...

So I'm pretty confident that's the water pump...

I've just sent Mark an email to order the parts to do the service.

She's parked up now, and the next time I drive it, it will be to the mechanic with parts in hand.

PTB
4th October 2008, 01:51 PM
Actually, emails to Autovaux are bouncing... any clues?

poita
4th October 2008, 02:16 PM
just call em mate :)

PTB
4th October 2008, 02:21 PM
Will call them late today, they won't be open now.

EL BURITO
4th October 2008, 02:24 PM
Will call them late today, they won't be open now.
being like 5 am no call em in 3 hours

PTB
4th October 2008, 02:34 PM
That's the plan

PTB
10th October 2008, 11:24 AM
Parts were ordered from AutoVaux on Monday - despatched Monday, arrived here in Brisbane yesterday (Thursday) - car goes in on Tuesday for the job to be done!

Well done Autovaux

PTB
17th December 2008, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately 1400km's later - the water pump has failed.

Will be speaking to Autovaux tonight about their resolute to this.

MiksOpel
18th December 2008, 12:58 AM
PTB, what happened to your water pump?
I orderd and fitted my water pump from Autovaux a few weeks ago, though something is making a really high whiining noise. It increases as the revs increase.
I'm thinking this is a bad water pump too?

Anyone had this problem?

PTB
18th December 2008, 07:03 PM
Bearing noise and it's started dropping (a lot of) coolant.

ROCCO
18th December 2008, 08:18 PM
make sure you fly wheel has been mounted back correctly....I had the same prob...and noticed my fly wheel wasn't monted correctly...took it off and put it back on making sure the grooves lined up after that all was good

PTB
18th December 2008, 09:11 PM
Flywheel? That's on the gearbox side of the engine, my problem is the timing gear side of the engine.

Autovaux have despatched new parts, my car is booked to be fixed on Wednesday, Christmas Eve - the last day the mechanic is open, I just really hope the parts are hear in time.

lithium
19th December 2008, 10:18 AM
i think Rocco meant the crankshaft pulley
btw are the water pumps that autovaux sell geninue GM or OEM manufacturer?

PTB
19th December 2008, 10:25 AM
I think they sell both - the one I had was definately a GM one.

Jase
20th December 2008, 06:30 PM
PTB, what happened to your water pump?
I orderd and fitted my water pump from Autovaux a few weeks ago, though something is making a really high whiining noise. It increases as the revs increase.
I'm thinking this is a bad water pump too?

Anyone had this problem?

I think its ur timing belt? to make that whining noise, I had the same problem, took it back and had it tightned and all fixed. They told me it was the timing belt that was loose. I think its cause they didnt go for a drive or let it running after installing it ?

PTB
24th December 2008, 01:41 PM
Ok, old water pump is out - new one is being installed at the mechanics as we speak.

Mechanic said the old water pump had completely shit itself - every part that could have leaked has - I haven't seen it myself yet.

The part that Autovaux have sent is exactly the same part, so fingers crossed this one lasts longer than 2 months.

MiksOpel
25th December 2008, 01:41 AM
I think its ur timing belt? to make that whining noise, I had the same problem, took it back and had it tightned and all fixed. They told me it was the timing belt that was loose. I think its cause they didnt go for a drive or let it running after installing it ?

It was the timing chain guides. I thought it may be the balancing chain not being timed but we took the new guides out and put the old back in and the noise went away.

Z20LET
29th December 2008, 01:15 AM
Sorry to hijack but I now have an issue with Autovaux in regards to a water pump. I called them up on the 17/10 and ordered a genuine GM timing belt kit and genuine GM water pump. When it arrived the kit was genuine GM but the water pump wasn't, I checked my invoice and it said 'water pump supercedes R1' so I assume maybe they just ran out of the GM ones. A bit annoyed seeing how I requested everything to be genuine. I finally got around to changing everything on boxing day to find that the after market water pump Autovaux provided was not a tight enough fit and would definitely leak with in a week. I then tried Holden but they were shut so I got one from Burson and had to find a spare $102.

My question is, because I requested a genuine pump and instead received crap and because I purchased the parts back in October, When I call Autovaux are they likely to tell me to stick it, give me a refund (if that’s possible) or send me a GENUINE GM pump?

PTB
29th December 2008, 08:57 AM
Z20LET - exactly the same situation here.

I ordered a Genuine GM timing kit and pump... The waterpump supplied was not a genuine part - I too was very clear about this.

My waterpump did fail, Autovaux provided FOC a replacement non-genuine part, and I have had to pay for the labour and associated costs of the replacement.

Z20LET
30th December 2008, 09:05 PM
Z20LET - exactly the same situation here.

I ordered a Genuine GM timing kit and pump... The waterpump supplied was not a genuine part - I too was very clear about this.

My waterpump did fail, Autovaux provided FOC a replacement non-genuine part, and I have had to pay for the labour and associated costs of the replacement.

Did you have to pay Autovaux any extra for them to send over another pump, such as postage? Did you have to send the original one they sent back?

In future I will be going for the Jap pump that I got. By far a much better quality item then the rubbish that was sent to me from the UK.

vectraguy01
30th December 2008, 09:17 PM
sometimes they do send the wrong items over, its called business, its a fact of life, sometimes ppl make mistakes, yes i agree its annoying but they do alot of business that has had no problems, yes certainly take out ur frustration but email them and see if they would be prepared to come to the party, most of the time they will.
Some of the time the non genuine parts are exactly the same.

PTB
31st December 2008, 09:13 AM
Did you have to pay Autovaux any extra for them to send over another pump, such as postage? Did you have to send the original one they sent back?

In future I will be going for the Jap pump that I got. By far a much better quality item then the rubbish that was sent to me from the UK.

They did send me the new one totally free of charge - I did not have to pay postage, nor did they want the old pump back.

I did order at the same time another timing kit and water pump for my sisters Barina also however.

I have had to pay for the labour component for replacing the faulty unit - which I think is reasonable.

sri05
31st December 2008, 12:49 PM
So, how much was the water pump including freight (the first time ) compared with Holden price and how much to have it fitted?

Z20LET
4th January 2009, 01:20 PM
They did send me the new one totally free of charge - I did not have to pay postage, nor did they want the old pump back.

I did order at the same time another timing kit and water pump for my sisters Barina also however.

I have had to pay for the labour component for replacing the faulty unit - which I think is reasonable.

Thanks for that, i'll be sure to contact them very shortly.