PDA

View Full Version : R35 GT-R for Australia - official

Wraith
2nd October 2008, 08:55 AM
Thought I'd start a new thread, as accurate/confirmed information has just recently been announced by Nissan Aust. for the Australian R35 GT-R vehicle/s.

First off, there will be 2 model specifications - base and premium.

Base model will be $148,800 - Premium model will be $152,800 + ORC's.

So all the predictions and numbers going around over the past 9 months have been 'bang on the money' :)

You'll therefore need the better part of 170k if you wanted the premium variant, next years BFYB winner !!!

Nissan Aust. will be taking pre-orders from Oct. 9th (next Thursday).

There will be only 2 or 3 certified Nissan Aust. dealers per state, which will sell and maintain the cars under the Worldwide Nissan program set up for the R35, check the attached link for the list of those dealers Aust. wide :)

All the colour range and features will be available to the Aust. vehicles, identicle to the JDM cars :)

And the best news of all, the Aust. spec vehicles will be identicle (minus speed limiter) mechanically speaking to the JDM cars - no watering down ! AWESOME :D

For more info, if anyone is interested:

http://www.gtrblog.com/

SSS_Hoon
2nd October 2008, 08:56 AM
No V-Spec though.

And no deliv till April 09

SSS_Hoon

Ishley
2nd October 2008, 09:18 AM
Does this mean you will be camping outside your closest Nissan dealer that will be selling them for the next week Wraith??????? :D

Wraith
2nd October 2008, 09:20 AM
No V-Spec though.

And no deliv till April 09

SSS_Hoon

V-Spec hasn't been released at all yet by Nissan SSSHoon, so obviously we won't have it yet :)

ETA V-Spec is January '09 in Japan :)

Yes, if you order now, it'll be a 6-7 month wait...

rjastra
2nd October 2008, 09:23 AM
And the best news of all, the Aust. spec vehicles will be identicle (minus speed limiter) mechanically speaking to the JDM cars - no watering down ! AWESOME :D

For more info, if anyone is interested:

http://www.gtrblog.com/

Ohhh, so we get teh 180km/h limiter like the poor sods in Japan then :P

Wraith
2nd October 2008, 09:24 AM
Does this mean you will be camping outside your closest Nissan dealer that will be selling them for the next week Wraith??????? :D

Hahaha LOL no need for that, if I wanted one, I'll just rock up to Ferntree Gully Nissan, lay down some cash and have sleepless nights for the next 6 months at home :)

I think I'll pass though - 170k = too much for me to want to spend on a car (at this stage) maybe in the future sometime...

I am however seriously looking at several cars ATM which are around the sub to just over 100k mark - that's definitely as far as I will go...

Wraith
2nd October 2008, 09:28 AM
Ohhh, so we get teh 180km/h limiter like the poor sods in Japan then :P

I have read in numerous other articles, the 180km/h spedd limiter will be omitted for Aust. just like it is for every other Country the R35 is exported to :)

Only the JDM cars have the 180km/h limiter...

GT-R's we've heard or read about in Countries other than Japan with the speed limiter are like that, because they were grey import JDM spec cars ;)