PDA

View Full Version : experience with Autovaux

aza28
1st October 2008, 01:14 PM
just thought i'd post about my recent experience with Autovaux.

ordered water pump and timing belt kit, i picked the parts up on Monday morning and then took car direclty for a service so i didn't have time nor did i bother looking at the parts.

2 hrs later and $$$ in labour already spent I get a phone call to say that the parts i supplied were incorrect. Turns out they were for a 95 model astra. :confused:

as i couldn't afford to have the car off the road for 1 -1 1/2 weeks while i wait for the right parts to be sent over, i had to order through Holden. Which was extremely painful... in the $$$$ sense. Absolute rip job but had no other choice.

So I emailed autovaux about the mistake then followed that up with a telelphone call and i was on the phone for literally less than 1 min and i had a full refund, no questions asked, plus they arranged shipment of the incorrect parts back to the UK (which i would have expected in any event), but i was also given for my troubles a free timing belt kit (the correct one this time) for all the additional expenses i inucurred. so worked out about even.

All in all a bad experience turned into a good experience and Mark and Co were very helpful and understanding.

lithium
1st October 2008, 01:24 PM
sounds like they're great to deal with mate. when the time comes i'll be sure to get my timing belt, tensioner and water pump from them too. Holden prices are unbelievable...

Wraith
1st October 2008, 01:27 PM
There have been numerous threads about Autovaux !!!

Yes as always stated by myself and others who've used and still using them - they're fantastic to deal with !!!

Great prices, great service, fast delivery, problems solved quickly, genuine parts supplied !!!

Fully recommend them ;)

Calibrated
1st October 2008, 01:33 PM
have used them before, and will to continue using them throught my life as an opel owner.

excellent prices, excellent service, great to deal with. A++

SSS_Hoon
1st October 2008, 01:43 PM
only wish there was someone like that for me with my Nissan LoL.

they sound like top blokes.

SSS_Hoon

poita
1st October 2008, 02:07 PM
they are top guys there at Autovaux, Mark (manager) and also Keiron.
Have dealt with both of them, great ppl to deal with.

keep an eye out ;)

CNBLU
1st October 2008, 02:46 PM
Ive said it before and i'll say it again.... I ****ING LOVE AUTOVAUX!!!

shame about the mis-hap, only had mine done a fortnight ago and had all the parts delivered in 3 days:)

Z20LET
2nd October 2008, 12:48 PM
How much is the cost of postage on average in ozzy dollars from autovaux? eg. If you were to order a couple of parts. Thanks.

poita
2nd October 2008, 01:23 PM
well i spent roughly 20 minutes on the phone last night to Keiron from autovaux :)

they now use DHL for ALL of there international items.
so they get a good pricing that they will pass onto us.
any small bits they will pop in the post, royal mail.
i bought a couple of sensors and a new front badge ;)
postage was like 7 pounds, which is like $16aus.

InsaneAsylum
2nd October 2008, 02:05 PM
i'm dealing with these guys as we speak and reading this thread makes me happy in pants

Wraith
2nd October 2008, 02:30 PM
I think it's about time us loyal customers got cash for comments from Autovaux :D

poita
2nd October 2008, 02:52 PM
keep your eyes peeled :D

chrissn89
2nd October 2008, 04:35 PM
Autovax, great ppl to deal with, excellent customer service, very quick on the phone, and know what there talking about, very fast delivery and excellent prices. Overall an A++ company.

Vectracious
2nd October 2008, 04:44 PM
i'm dealing with these guys as we speak and reading this thread makes me happy in pants

someone's easy to please.

But yes - goes to show - some companies do put customer service first. :D

reedaaron
2nd October 2008, 05:47 PM
i had a similar issue when i bought my parts... ordered a timing belt kit, waterpump etc... took the car to my mechanic to fit, and they'd sent the wrong waterpump..

he got it through holden at a reasonable price and i managed free shipping on my next purchase through autovaux... plus now i have the waterpump to sell, just have to bother putting it on ebay :p

blueraven
4th October 2008, 05:40 PM
I knew i should have kept them to myself, and charged all you guys a 'handling' fee...

wouldnt have to work by the sounds of things :)

poita
4th October 2008, 05:43 PM
hahahaha i remember when you put me onto them Nik :)

Havent looked back since.
Auotvaux FTW!!!

Z20LET
14th October 2008, 10:38 PM
I'm in the process of ordering a timing belt kit & water pump from autovauz. I told them its for my Astra G Z20LET and they asked me for my chassis number. Is this the VIN Number? Why would they require my chassis number if I told them that the parts are for my Z20LET?

chrissn89
14th October 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm in the process of ordering a timing belt kit & water pump from autovauz. I told them its for my Astra G Z20LET and they asked me for my chassis number. Is this the VIN Number? Why would they require my chassis number if I told them that the parts are for my Z20LET?

Weird they never asked me when i ordered my parts. I guess they just wanna check that you do have a Z20LET and or confirm a part number, with your car.

poita
14th October 2008, 11:51 PM
yer its just to confirm they are the right parts, freight and turn around time and cheap or quick

d.c.
14th October 2008, 11:53 PM

I had to provide this as well, apparently there are 2 types of pulleys used in the kit and it depends on when your car was made as to what pulley you need.

The number they need is on the plate on the drivers door frame.

Ice
14th October 2008, 11:56 PM
yep they Rock !

ordered my parts Thursday and got them yesterday already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timing belt kit and water pump.. super fast postage and good customer service and they are very flexible ;)

Wraith
15th October 2008, 11:23 AM
Glad you guys are enjoying dealing with them :)

I'm about to order some parts for my Calibras 100,000km service soon...

I'm sure the process will be as smooth and great as its always been over the past 4 years that I've dealt with them...

BTW like BR, I'm still waiting for my 'cash for comments' from Autovaux :D

InsaneAsylum
15th October 2008, 01:13 PM
i got my timing belt kit and water pump within a week! getting it fitted next week

DEE-80Y
15th October 2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds great all. I am in the unfortunate boat due to the forum being down and not being able to read this thread.
My car is going in for a service tomorrow morning for timing belt and the kit is $375 (non genuine holden) and I can't afford to keep my car off the road for another week.
DAMN IT I could have saved a couple hundred $$$

Z20LET
15th October 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey people, thanks for answering my query. I just thought i'd ask and find out before I went ahead and ordered the parts.

Cheers