PDA

View Full Version : Hi, 2002 Astra Convertible [MELB]

distant0
30th September 2008, 09:06 PM
Hi guys just got myself a 2002 Silver Astra Convertible with red interior... summer's coming so have to get a convertible and an astra is right on my budget.. however it does have 97,000 clicks so hopefully it wouldn't let me down....

tuzinski
30th September 2008, 10:04 PM
post up some pics mate
where you from also

btm
1st October 2008, 08:38 AM
welcome to the site buddy and congrats on the purchase!

is the vert a turbo or n/a?

post up some pics when you can in the 'members ride' section :)

distant0
1st October 2008, 09:40 PM
I'm in Melb. it's just a N/A one, silver with red leather..pretty stock looking at this stage.... Actually, I just picked it up this afternoon and I'm LOVING IT (apart from the gearbox which I don't think is very good) !!! anyway I'll take some pictures this weekend and put them on here...current plan is to upgrade the speakers and MAYBE getting a REMUS exhuast..... Having said that I do have a Toyota Sprinter to play with at home so this astra is probably not going to receive alot of goddies ...

Vectracious
2nd October 2008, 06:14 PM
I do have a Toyota Sprinter to play with at home

Welcome to the site - keep an eye on the Vic section for events.

Bring the sprinter along to one of them!!!

9090GO
3rd October 2008, 06:16 PM
Hi guys just got myself a 2002 Silver Astra Convertible with red interior... summer's coming so have to get a convertible and an astra is right on my budget.. however it does have 97,000 clicks so hopefully it wouldn't let me down....

Welcome!! You don't have to worry, my convertible is nearly 11,000 clicks, Nothing wrong with it............................yet;)

distant0
5th October 2008, 06:16 PM
finally got back on the forum after some problem logging in.... anyway after driving the astra for a week the biggest concern is still the gearbox are there any better ones out there? is the turbo model using the same gearbox??

On the otherhand I do appreciate the speakers now, they are quite good!