PDA

View Full Version : Car Washing Products????

Theo
29th September 2008, 10:32 AM
OK..I don’t know whether this topic has been posted, but what car cleaning products do you use on your pride and joy…also what cloths or sponges are used???

I’ve just bought a new Subaru Forester in black…so she is joining to be hard to maintain.

Calibrated
29th September 2008, 10:42 AM
everything meguirs, gold class

Wraith
29th September 2008, 01:05 PM
Agree with Calibrated !

Over the past 25 years, I've purchased and tried every brand under the sun, even mega dollar names most people would never have heard of before, some of which are brands made by other brands (eg: Autoglym - made by 3M) and so forth, simply put Meguires Gold class is tops, in terms of end result vs cost ! and in some cases better end results vs much more expensive brands ! I really recomend the Gold Class wax and polish - fantastic results...

Only 2 products I've tried are better than the Meguires equivalant, but they cost a hell of alot more too, they are:

Grape wash auto shampoo for washing and the Zaino range of wax and polishes, specifically Z2 and Z5 for waxing...although the results are visibly better than the Gold Class, they cost more than twice or 3 times as much per given volume of product, but the results are not 2 or 3 times better...

All work I do is carried out with 100% cotton terry cloths for both application and finishing of wax and wax and polish products...

All washing I do is carried out with Meguires hand mits - but I never use the abrasive side of mits !!!

mr corsa
29th September 2008, 02:08 PM
jiff and dishwashing liquid

merc2c
29th September 2008, 02:35 PM
i have to say - meguairs is a good product - but i use AutoGlym on all my cars! :)

rjastra
29th September 2008, 03:49 PM
Meguairs has been swallowed up by 3M.

Vectracious
29th September 2008, 04:53 PM
jiff and dishwashing liquid

with or without the scourer?

Meguiars for pretty much everything - Wash/Polish/Wax

Shaun
29th September 2008, 05:29 PM
Autoglym is pretty good. Along with Poor Boys. theres another tyre shine i use from www.waxit.com.au

MAD-16V
29th September 2008, 06:42 PM
Meguiars NXT range is nice - wax - wash

Autoglym Super Resin polish - is still the best polish I have ever used.

The new ice range from turtle is nice - I have there new wax paste and the new wash is awesome -

The spray detailer is nice too for keeping the paint nice and glossy between wax applications.

Ginge
29th September 2008, 08:48 PM
hey all. i use all waterless gear. i used to use meguires and autoglym but this stuff beats these off the shelf. infact u wont find anything else on my shelf now. check it out if u want at www.driwash.com.au/tlcarcare

Theo
29th September 2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys for your response and info...will go meguirs i think.

The dealer was trying to sell me their paint protection. Intiall price was $1300, I said thanks but no...she then dropped it down to $800...still my answer was no.

The way I see it, they try to recoup their money back on $hit like this.

chrissn89
29th September 2008, 10:03 PM
I found the ICE turtle wax products good vaule for money. Atm im using meguirs MTX (purple) wash cause i couldnt find any ICE wash, its pretty good aswell.

John_LS1
29th September 2008, 10:11 PM
ive also found that clay baring the car before a wax make a big difference to the end result. ive had good results with autoglym and meguires products.

Wraith
30th September 2008, 08:41 AM
Meguairs has been swallowed up by 3M.

Interesting, as I mentioned they already make the Autoglym range of products...so that would mean from now on 3M, Autoglym, Meguires = pretty much the same product, in terms of formulation and content, so they should be fairly equal...

For those who want better than the above, you have to go to the Zaino product range - but as already stated, awesome results, but not cheap !

James T
30th September 2008, 01:25 PM
I use Meguiars gold class everything, with that lambswool wash mit thing, soft microfiber polishing cloths and a few other things. I have always found it to be pretty good.

JohnBu
30th September 2008, 02:05 PM
Interesting, as I mentioned they already make the Autoglym range of products...so that would mean from now on 3M, Autoglym, Meguires = pretty much the same product, in terms of formulation and content, so they should be fairly equal...!

i wouldn't bet they will be the same just because they are owned by same company.. different price point and surely different products..

otherwise porsche/audi/VW/skoda would all be equal.

Wraith
30th September 2008, 03:18 PM
i wouldn't bet they will be the same just because they are owned by same company.. different price point and surely different products..

otherwise porsche/audi/VW/skoda would all be equal.

Yes, probably true, however still with that knowledge I wouldn't bother buying and testing/trying all those brands which are now all owned by 3M, I'd just try one or the other and go to another brand for something better or different :)

Huhness
30th September 2008, 03:56 PM
I use Meguiars gold class everything, with that lambswool wash mit thing, soft microfiber polishing cloths and a few other things. I have always found it to be pretty good.
Exactly what the car got from me hahaha

Anyone used poorboys stuff before?? Everyone in the UK says its great! Thinking about using their paint sealant..

Wraith
30th September 2008, 04:11 PM
^^^^^ Yep, mentioned by someone on the previous page of this thread :)