PDA

View Full Version : Astra speedo

mr vic
23rd September 2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Guys I am new to this forum I really need some help to find a speedo replacement for my Astra Convertible Bertone 03 model , any help would be greatly appreciated

tuzinski
23rd September 2008, 06:12 PM
Bennett wreckers might have some

why do you need a replacement?
if you get one ill take the speedo rings off your hands from it

mr vic
23rd September 2008, 06:14 PM
Bennett wreckers might have some

why do you need a replacement?
if you get one ill take the speedo rings off your hands from it

Well its not working and ive been told it cant be repaired, i am after the whole unit eg with tacho etc that just plugs in, what are the speedo rings ?

tuzinski
23rd September 2008, 06:23 PM
Well its not working and ive been told it cant be repaired, i am after the whole unit eg with tacho etc that just plugs in, what are the speedo rings ?
the silver rong around the speedo, tacho, and the other 2 gauges.

have you check your fuses

CNBLU
24th September 2008, 01:00 AM
Bennets have an 03 vert there right now....

If your in the area i could even install it in 5 minutes, no charge

EL BURITO
24th September 2008, 01:35 AM
problem being its encoded to each car

have u cleaned contacts on rear

mr vic
24th September 2008, 01:26 PM
problem being its encoded to each car

have u cleaned contacts on rear

So how do i replace it , it is actually the little digital read out in between the tach and speedo at the bottom thats buggered, really appreciate the reponses

Black Nugget
24th September 2008, 06:15 PM
So how do i replace it , it is actually the little digital read out in between the tach and speedo at the bottom thats buggered, really appreciate the reponses

this might sound silly, but you haven't accidently dimmed your interior lighting using the dimmer dial by any chance?

I don't mean to sound patronising, but a mechanic made the same mistake when inspecting my car...

CNBLU
24th September 2008, 10:15 PM
Get one from holden. they are around 5 bucks. explain which one it is. If you need a hand fitting drop me a pm.

A bulb im talking about...