PDA

View Full Version : Pedders...any good?

deviant
23rd September 2008, 10:49 AM
My TS 2.2 has just ticked over 100,000KM and the shocks are beginning to feel slightly out of their prime.

I have been pricing some stuff up and it ranges from about $800 for standard gear fitted by holden through to about $1800 for Koni adjustables and Eibach springs.

Pedders are right in the middle with their 'comfort gas' shocks and 'Sports Ryder' springs. Reading the sales blurb on their website the comfort gas shocks appear to be 'rising rate' so the harder you corner the stiffer they get. With the slightly lower and stiffer springs this might give a nice compromise between improving the looks and handling while maintaining comfort for the daily slog.

Does anybody have any comments on the pedders equipment?

astrauturbo
23rd September 2008, 11:11 AM
fork out the extra money for the Koni's. Its worth it..

deviant
23rd September 2008, 11:21 AM
I have used Koni's and Eibach springs on another car and loved the quality and control they offered. I also actually needed the adjustable shocks because the car was a track slag.

JohnBu
23rd September 2008, 11:58 AM
go the Eibach/Koni combo.

not sure where you can get cheap Koni's.. but i know you can get cheap Eibachs for $250 online.

I wouldn't spend the extra on adjustables for normal driving.

don't forget to get a wheel alignment afterwards..

i've done 120k on my car, i'm thinking of getting new dampers (my eibachs aren't that old)... let us know what you end up getting.

deviant
23rd September 2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah I was thinking its not really worth getting the adjustables...they would be set on soft all the time anyway.

I'm pretty sure Koni do a non-adjustable but still sporty shock....but then on the other hand its amazing the difference a tiny tweak of an adjustable shock can make to the handling of a car. Hmmm but then anti-roll bars make and even bigger difference...getting carried away now!!

I need an alignment doing anyway..its just started pulling left in the last day or so, bit of a bugger really because I would prefer to kill two birds with one stone and get the lot done at once but I dont have the money to hand to do the shocks within a few weeks so I'm going to have to get aligned and then get it done again with the shocks!

mr corsa
23rd September 2008, 03:55 PM
H&r

JR
23rd September 2008, 05:27 PM
i've got koni sports shocks on sports ryder springs. i'm happy with it. :D
it definately handles much much better than my previous setup of king springs with stock shocks!!! :eek:

xplosv57
23rd September 2008, 06:26 PM
Pedders sportsryder stuff is very good for the price, unless you're serious about track days or something, the Pedders gear is a very decent replacement for day to day driving with a bit of fun thrown in!!!

deviant
23rd September 2008, 08:53 PM
The price is what drew me in...around $1300 inc fitting and alignment where the Koni / Eibach was coming in at $1500-$1800 plus fitting.

rjastra
24th September 2008, 09:45 AM
Go for the Koni Yellows (sports) with the standard springs. Thats what I had on my SRi 2.2. I also had the rear sway bar fitted.

I had my car setup with 1/2 turn extra rebound added front and rear. It makes a surprising difference.

I think the shocks were 1200 fitted or thereabouts. You just need to shop around.

ZC_74
25th September 2008, 06:42 AM
Pedders are a rip off. I used them on my VT years ago and the product was great and result was great. Wanted to get my new SS lowered and they quoted me $750 fitted just for springs. I can do Kings and new Monroe shocks for just over $1000. I am actually seriously contemplating the whole Couil over setup.

I guess what I'm saying is that Pedders are priced too high for some of the other better products out there.

Hackstra
25th September 2008, 07:32 AM
If you want cheaper shocks go KYB, I've got them along with an Eibach Pro-Kit and I couldnt be happier!! :D

aza28
25th September 2008, 09:32 PM
what about eibach pro dampers - anyone had any experience with them?

vectraguy01
25th September 2008, 10:18 PM
im considering them for mine aza, otherwise gunna go get a full eibach pro system (coil overs)
look on ebay.com the us site, put in astra eibach and see wat comes up, do the same with ebay.de as u will be able to get them cheaper over there than here!

aza28
26th September 2008, 08:39 AM
thanks man. i was quoted $950.00 for a set here but I'll see if i can pick them up cheaper from ebay.

astrauturbo
26th September 2008, 04:07 PM
I got koni adjustables -dampers and coils-. The ride quality isnt the greatest but the handling is really good (Medium Setting).. If you take the corner just right you can really feel the geforces. I can probably take corners faster by about 5-10km/h quicker now.