PDA

View Full Version : Vx220

Marcotto
22nd September 2008, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know if there is a importer for this car?

Jerram
22nd September 2008, 11:09 PM
lol were you watching top gear tonight?

btw no real need to find an importer if you really want one - just import it yourself. These days if you're cluey enough it's not too difficult.

glider
22nd September 2008, 11:19 PM
Vx220 is shit hawt

sounds awesome with a supercharger (thats the 2.2 version with S/C)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jCsbHmKZY

course the smarter choice would be to import the 2L turbo

Wraith
23rd September 2008, 08:54 AM

I think BR (Blueraven) looked into that one ??? not sure but he may have info...

Also Simon (SIMID) has imported a vehicle from O/S he'd be a good person to ask, apparently it's not a cheap excercise...be prepared to shell out plenty of dosh $$$ to make it happen...

rjastra
23rd September 2008, 09:24 AM
Just buy an Elise... same car underneath.

oneightoo
23rd September 2008, 09:32 AM
whats the price difference between vx220 and an elise?

glider
23rd September 2008, 09:42 AM
Just buy an Elise... same car underneath.

Elise doesn't have a z20let

and Elise costs $105k for one of similar power (the supercharged model)

for the base model Elise (134HP) second hand you're looking around 40-50k

a second hand vx220 can be had for around 21k aud (excluding import)

i wonder how much the import would work out to be...

btm
23rd September 2008, 10:42 AM

you cant afford it bitch... buy mine instead :p

deviant
23rd September 2008, 10:42 AM
You could only import one if it is on the list of eligible 'SEVs' vehicles and there is a RAWS approved workshop to comply it.

Its not as easy as it looks to get cars in to Aus.

There is one or two places around that bring in Elise's and Exige's from the UK...simply sportscars is one that I know of.

collokid
23rd September 2008, 11:02 AM
there was one for sale in nz a few months ago.... but they have more relaxed import rules

rjastra
23rd September 2008, 11:44 AM
You could only import one if it is on the list of eligible 'SEVs' vehicles and there is a RAWS approved workshop to comply it.

Its not as easy as it looks to get cars in to Aus.

There is one or two places around that bring in Elise's and Exige's from the UK...simply sportscars is one that I know of.

How can you bring in a grey import Elise/Exige if they are officially imported?
Or is this for a track car only?

deviant
23rd September 2008, 12:31 PM
How can you bring in a grey import Elise/Exige if they are officially imported?
Or is this for a track car only?

They are on the SEVs register of eligible vehicles...some clever sod got the application in before they became an official aus delivered vehicle.
I believe they eligability covers all models from a series 1 of 1996 vintage through to 2006 and a 2006 Elise 111 is listed seperately.
I thought the Exige is listed to but its not so they must be race/rally only.

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

The sums would work out quite well on importing a UK car though...the depreciation on them is terrifying in the UK and an early series 1 can now be had for the equivalent of $15,000. A good, late model car with the Toyota 2ZZGE and air con can be had for the equivalent of $25,000.
You can get all the aus taxes worked out on the UK value to which makes things a bit cheaper.

I think this is all a bit of a concern to Lotus Australia though...they are currently selling their cars with all the on road costs picked up by Lotus...so thats luxury car tax at 33% + GST + On road + dealer deliver + CTP. That is a sheet load of money on a car that lists at $100,000!!!!

The exact same happened with the Neesan S15 Silvia thingy...it was released some time before it was released in Aus so someone got it on the SEVs list meaning you ended up with the option of importing or buying through an Aus Nissan dealership and ending up with exactly the same car.
The same has just happened with the new R35 GTR.

glider
23rd September 2008, 02:15 PM
vx220 is on sev list

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/462-00.htm

deviant
23rd September 2008, 03:11 PM
Well there ya go. Now you just need the license to import one and find someone with the license to comply it.

Wraith
23rd September 2008, 04:03 PM
The same has just happened with the new R35 GTR.

Yep, some guy in Adelaide owns that one, although it originally came into the Country in NSW...

Still I wouldn't have done it that way - at least in the case of the GT-R - because he now has no warranty or service back up, not with Nissan Aust. anyway...they have officially stated they will not support, service or warrant any GT-R's brought into Aust. and complied in this manner.

That's always a concern for any import, especially a new or current model that's not sold through dealerships here, your on your own with servicing and there's no warranty.

deviant
23rd September 2008, 04:35 PM
I would be terrified of buying a new GTR outside the dealer network. They are a seriously complicated bit of kit and there has been the odd story flying around that the first gen cars have had some reliability issues.

Having said that Australian law does NOT allow Nissan to void a warrantee or prevent parts supply outside of the dealer network....remember all you need is for servicing to be done by a certified mechanic and for the parts used to be either genuine or of equal quality.

lampshade
23rd September 2008, 04:46 PM
vx220 is on sev list

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/462-00.htm

That's great news:dance: They were not on the list last year when I asked.

Marcotto
24th September 2008, 12:16 AM
you cant afford it bitch... buy mine instead :p

I bought your mum for a buck! care to trade?:dance:

Black Nugget
24th September 2008, 08:08 AM
Yep, some guy in Adelaide owns that one, although it originally came into the Country in NSW...

Still I wouldn't have done it that way - at least in the case of the GT-R - because he now has no warranty or service back up, not with Nissan Aust. anyway...they have officially stated they will not support, service or warrant any GT-R's brought into Aust. and complied in this manner.

That's always a concern for any import, especially a new or current model that's not sold through dealerships here, your on your own with servicing and there's no warranty.

some are coming in with 20k warranty from the importers, but still hardly peace of mind when you are paying 175k +

still at half the price of a 911 turbo with the extra 150k you could build your own workshop:D

btm
24th September 2008, 08:44 AM
I bought your mum for a buck! care to trade?:dance:

ha! you had to pay...? your mum pays me! ;) :cool:

Black Nugget
24th September 2008, 08:48 AM
come on guys lets grow up....

anyway, everyone knows I had both your mums last night:p