PDA

View Full Version : Holden Astra '06 CDX 5 Door Hatch

merc2c
22nd September 2008, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone,
My girlfriend has been a member on this forum for a while - but i dont think she posts much... i've just gotten rid of my Subaru WRX and now we share her little hot hatch :)

Here are some pics of the new rims we just put on (20's)... we also lowered it 2 inch with pedders springs as well :) no scrubbing or anything :)

We've also put the Talon GTZ Bodykit on it... and we're just waiting for some parts from the UK (double din fascia kit) for the stereo install...
ill upload some more pics as we go :)

hope you guys like it! :)

http://www.webengine.com.au/Subaru/photo1.jpg

http://www.webengine.com.au/Subaru/photo.jpg

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 03:11 PM
:eek:

that is so damn freakin hot!

bornwild
22nd September 2008, 03:12 PM
No scrubbing?? You shit me not?

ps. looks nice man

merc2c
22nd September 2008, 03:16 PM
thanks mate! (Calibrated) - i see you did a aftermarket stereo install on yours! i might be needing your help with ours! (if thats okay bud?) im just waiting on a double din fascia from the UK atm...

i've got boston sl60's mtx 81001 and a mtx 7404 and mtx 2x12" 7500's as well as a clarion double din TV unit... :)

quick question for you - with the original top computer - does yours work anymore? or its just a black screen? also - speakers in the front doors and rear doors - what sizes are they? fronts i see i can fit a 2way splits 6" but the rears im unsure of.

Mamacita
22nd September 2008, 03:21 PM
Hi all,
I should introduce myself as Merc2c's other half :)

yep no scrubbing.......full lock no problems

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 03:22 PM
thanks mate! (Calibrated) - i see you did a aftermarket stereo install on yours! i might be needing your help with ours! (if thats okay bud?) im just waiting on a double din fascia from the UK atm...

i've got boston sl60's mtx 81001 and a mtx 7404 and mtx 2x12" 7500's as well as a clarion double din TV unit... :)

quick question for you - with the original top computer - does yours work anymore? or its just a black screen? also - speakers in the front doors and rear doors - what sizes are they? fronts i see i can fit a 2way splits 6" but the rears im unsure of.
no worries.

the top computer still works. except the track title display goes away (but you see that on your deck anyway).

depending on which model head unit you use, you may be able to retain the track title display with an adapter. you will also lose the steering controls, which again dependant on head unit model, could be retained with an adapter.

The Boston SL60's would be a straight fit into the doors (with a spacer obviously). as the stocks are 6" (but 6.5" can fit :D), the rears are 5.25", but 6" can fit :D.

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 03:23 PM
Hi all,
I should introduce myself as Merc2c's other half :)

yep no scrubbing.......full lock no problems
november 2007,and this is your 1st post. lol. welcome :D took you long enough :p

Mamacita
22nd September 2008, 03:25 PM
thanks for the welcoming :)

merc2c
22nd September 2008, 03:28 PM
thanks bud! i wasnt too worried about the top screen or the steering wheel controls - i was going to try and disconnect the top screen and the steering wheel controls... or does it need to be connected for the car to run?

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 03:34 PM
thanks bud! i wasnt too worried about the top screen or the steering wheel controls - i was going to try and disconnect the top screen and the steering wheel controls... or does it need to be connected for the car to run?
if you disconnect it, you would lose your on board computer display showing date/time/fuel consumption/trip/range/average. some guys in the UK have done it though, and fitted GPS's or DVD screens.

merc2c
22nd September 2008, 03:35 PM
but the problem here would be ud need to have the steering wheel controls for it to work? lol. catch 22?

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 03:40 PM
but the problem here would be ud need to have the steering wheel controls for it to work? lol. catch 22?
you need the one set of steering controls to operate the head unit. (which wont work). the other set of controls on the left of the steering wheel cycles through the OBC, that remains in tact (unless you remove the screen)

sooty
22nd September 2008, 04:41 PM
:eek: Absolutely stunning :clap:
knew there was lots of room but never imagined you could drop it two inches and chuck 20"s on without hassle.
Get some more pics up ASAP with the full car showing :p

Mamacita
22nd September 2008, 04:46 PM
I know i never thought it could be done either....how wrong i was!!!!

Dowie
22nd September 2008, 05:36 PM
:eek: Absolutely stunning :clap:
knew there was lots of room but never imagined you could drop it two inches and chuck 20"s on without hassle.
Get some more pics up ASAP with the full car showing :p

++1
Car looks amazing.
As Diesel said, throw some more pics up :D

tuzinski
22nd September 2008, 05:41 PM
out the front of tempe tyres aye.
where in sydney you from?

btm
23rd September 2008, 09:17 AM
drop it like its hot! :eek:

nice!

merc2c
23rd September 2008, 06:31 PM
yea - outside tempe tyres! :) if anyone is wondering - they are K-speed Biaggis :) http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1486

im from the north side (north sydney) :)

ill get some more pics up once i put on the window tints! :) heh.

tuzinski
23rd September 2008, 07:01 PM

might see me around there usually

merc2c
23rd September 2008, 07:18 PM
i actually work in north sydney - i drive to work - and i live in artarmon :)

100lucas
9th November 2008, 06:36 PM
that looks unbelievable
don't mean to copy but i have a 2006 silver 5door hatch and those 20's look bloody nice, so i might get them. that body kit is also one of many that ship in australia, so i might get that also

my facia kit is in, just waiting on JVC to clear there back order on my double din HU

post some more pics up when you have your HU in - id like to see!

thanks

sooty
9th November 2008, 06:41 PM
that looks unbelievable
don't mean to copy but i have a 2006 silver 5door hatch and those 20's look bloody nice, so i might get them. that body kit is also one of many that ship in australia, so i might get that also

my facia kit is in, just waiting on JVC to clear there back order on my double din HU

thanks

Welcome mate,
post up some pics of your ride in the members car section when you get the chance ;)

Jase
10th November 2008, 12:48 AM
yea - outside tempe tyres! :) if anyone is wondering - they are K-speed Biaggis :) http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1486

ill get some more pics up once i put on the window tints! :) heh.

the fitments dont include 5x110? are they redrilled?

chrissn89
10th November 2008, 01:20 PM
Welcome, those wheels, that bdy/kit, make your astra look very very nice :D

merc2c
12th November 2008, 11:02 AM
that looks unbelievable

thanks

all i can say is - thanks man - i guess the old addage says - imitation is the best form of flattery! hahaha

we also got the windows tinted 5% all round and black euro plates (i have to admit - the black euro plates really set it off) hahaha :)

merc2c
12th November 2008, 11:03 AM
Welcome mate,
post up some pics of your ride in the members car section when you get the chance ;)

yea will do once i've gotten the headunit/system in :)

merc2c
12th November 2008, 11:03 AM
the fitments dont include 5x110? are they redrilled?

nope not redrilled - i know it doesnt have it on the website - but if you go there - they got em :)

UnKnOwN
12th November 2008, 02:51 PM
i didnt know an astra can fit 20s... let alone lowered, woah!!

100lucas
12th November 2008, 05:50 PM
all i can say is - thanks man - i guess the old addage says - imitation is the best form of flattery! hahaha

we also got the windows tinted 5% all round and black euro plates (i have to admit - the black euro plates really set it off) hahaha :)

yea sweet.
ill probly pass on the lowering and body kit.

i don't mean to fully copy you - i just really like the rims. and should be getting them shipped up to the gc soon

what are you running in there regarding audio?:):)

merc2c
13th November 2008, 10:23 AM
yea sweet.
ill probly pass on the lowering and body kit.

i don't mean to fully copy you - i just really like the rims. and should be getting them shipped up to the gc soon

what are you running in there regarding audio?:):)

Ah thats okay mate - i know aftermarket parts for Astra's are fairly limited - so i know how hard it is to find something nice for them :) heh.

Audio Setup:

I have a Clarion DVD Double Din Unit - MAX676VD

Front/Rear Stage - i have Boston Acoustics SL60's (splits) in the front and rear and these are running off a MTX TE1004

Subs are 2x12" MTX7500 running off a TE1501D :)

Lots of power to ALL speakers!! should CRANK! should also do some good DB as well :)

100lucas
17th November 2008, 10:19 PM
awsome!
yea, post some pics up of your new head unit and such when it comes in :D

merc2c
26th November 2008, 10:57 AM
Thread continued here :)

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19160