PDA

View Full Version : Opelaus Calander

CNBLU
20th September 2008, 12:07 AM
Has anyone thought about producing an Opelaus calander for 2009?

Would be a great christmas gift idea....

Ice
20th September 2008, 02:30 AM
Calendar Mooruck your spelingl sukcs ;)

Calendar is a great idea.

maybe if we could get an idea of how many people are interested and how many each they would buy, we could start looking online for a place to do them. I think its quite easy actually.

glider
20th September 2008, 06:28 AM
it would be a good idea, as long as GM aren't as crazy as ford with what they believe they own

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/13/ford-car-owners-are.html

poita
20th September 2008, 10:47 AM
lol @ ford, idiots.

would be a good idea :)

mr corsa
21st September 2008, 07:43 AM
with only 3 months to go till 2009 you better get to it and choose your 12 cars from the 3412 opelaus members

ASTRAY
21st September 2008, 09:01 AM
from the ford link...

"It is also not sufficient for a business to state that it is not affiliated with Ford but continue to use Ford trademarks without permission. The business is still misappropriating the goodwill and reputation developed by Ford, and attempting to capitalize on or profit from Ford's goodwill and reputation. Even with the best of intentions, unauthorized use of another company's trademark is against the law."

that would also mean that car forums, such as opelaus etc, cannot charge people membership fees to join the site....
and would probably mean that "sponsorship" would also be illegal...
and using the word opel...
i say **** it, its not like someones $30 they use to buy a calendar or sponsor etc, could be a huge loss to a car manufacturer, lets face it, what can you buy from holden/opel and any other manufacturers that costs $30? shit all!
i look forward to this opelaus calendar going ahead.
and if it comes to a point of not doing it for fear of upsetting holden/opel because of possible capitalising or profits, then lets just do it as a "at cost" price, just to cover the expenses. :D

instead of fighting over whos cars get put in the calendar, itd be great if we could all get together in our respective states and hold state meets to get the pics taken and place 1 pic from each meet in the calendar. the pic for each state would be voted for by the members of that state.
that would solve 7 pics, then have a vote on the top 5 cars to fill the other spots.
if one state was lazy (say for example nsw) and didnt get together and do a shoot, then we could put 2 pics of each meet, which would mean 12 pics.
alternatively, we could have say 3 photos per month, that would solve alot of bickering.
lets get this really going guys, it doesnt matter what the year says on the calendar, eg we could take pics this year and produce the calendars next year etc etc.
someone out on here surely has to know someone at a printing firm.
perhaps pauly knows someone from all his photography work.
even better, perhaps pauly could be the one who takes the pics of every state... but then flight costs could be a problem, perhaps he could put them down as a business write-off :p

glider
21st September 2008, 10:39 AM
instead of fighting over whos cars get put in the calander, itd be great if we could all get together in our respective states and hold state meets to get the pics taken and place 1 pic from each meet in the calander. the pic for each state would be voted for by the members of that state.
that would solve 7 pics, then have a vote on the top 5 cars to fill the other spots.

I like that idea...

One other suggestion:

1. Calibra
2. Astra G
3. Astra H
4. VXR
5. Corsa B
6. Corsa C
7. Tigra
8. Combo
9. Vectra B
10. Vectra C
11. Kadett
12. Zafira/Winner of some Competition?

immenotu
21st September 2008, 11:06 AM
I like the idea of one of each model.

The people who want their car in there can post up their best pic and everyone can vote for which one goes in the calendar?

ASTRAY
21st September 2008, 11:31 AM
i like it too, it would be great to have all the models of opel in the calendar.
one problem would be we have astra f on here too, and possibly other models would be left out too.
i think the meet/group photo works good because no one can complain about not being in the calendar.
just make it a basis of this is the date the pic will be taken, if you dont turn up you wont be in it.
plus if majority of members are in it, then majority of members are almost certain to want one :D

another suggestion, lets put all members bdays on it

Calibrated
22nd September 2008, 10:21 AM
I like the idea of one of each model.

The people who want their car in there can post up their best pic and everyone can vote for which one goes in the calendar?
sounds like a plan.

everyone should their favourite pic(s). then we make a poll to vote for the one to be used in the calendar.

i'll start the ball rolling.
47CHU - 1994 Opel Calibra Turbo (i hope its still eligible)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/loudclearcorsa/gallery_8579_5547_30856.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/loudclearcorsa/mini-IMG_0099.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/loudclearcorsa/DSC_0059.jpg

sadavidsriturbo
22nd September 2008, 10:32 AM
Calibrated the bottom pic with the city in the back ground looks awsome;)

mr corsa
22nd September 2008, 10:58 AM
why dont you guys start a new thread along the lines "submit your pics of your cars for the 09 opelaus calander "

Ice
22nd September 2008, 11:05 AM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/hoppe777/Eastlink%20Cruise/IMG_1816_mybaby.jpg

immenotu
22nd September 2008, 04:43 PM
sounds like a plan.

everyone should their favourite pic(s). then we make a poll to vote for the one to be used in the calendar.

Sounds good, maybe make a thread for each month (stating which cars are eligible for that month) and people post their best pic (or maybe 2 pics). Once all cars are entered a poll is started for each month and the winners are selected.

Im thinking alphabetically (but the order can be re-arranged when the calendar gets put together):

January - Astra G
February - Astra H
March - Calibra
April - Combo
May - Corsa B
June - Corsa C
July - Kadett
August - Tigra (Do we have any left?)
September - Vectra B
October - Vectra C
November - VXR
December - Zafira

Dowie
22nd September 2008, 04:50 PM
A bit off topic question, but how many Zafira's do we actually have on this site.
I think i can only remember one or two :confused: