PDA

View Full Version : SRi-T AH grille...

UnKnOwN
17th September 2008, 07:08 PM
hi guys, i was wondering if the AH sri-t grille is the same as the normal astra coupe or vxr?
i think i've read somewhere that the vxr is different but im not too sure myself
thx

KingOfAstras
17th September 2008, 07:30 PM
The AH SRI-T grille is just the ordinary Vaux grille but with a Holden badge.

GreyRex
17th September 2008, 11:04 PM
hi guys, i was wondering if the AH sri-t grille is the same as the normal astra coupe or vxr?
i think i've read somewhere that the vxr is different but im not too sure myself
thx

The SRi-T and the VXR both have the same 'V'. The VXRs is body colour, the Turbos chrome. The actual black plastic is where they differ. The VXR is honeycombe, the Turbo... black slats (with a slightly varying design depending on what year you look at). Theres 3 Turbo designs... all very similar. You can interchange, say... a Turbo chrome V, with the VXR honeycombe... ala Simid's car. Hope that helps

UnKnOwN
19th September 2008, 01:45 PM
ah so a vxr grille will fit on a sri-t yeah? thx

KingOfAstras
19th September 2008, 06:47 PM
ah so a vxr grille will fit on a sri-t yeah? thx
yup sure will... every grille will fit! - front end is exactly the same, 3dr, 5dr, etc :)

sooty
19th September 2008, 06:57 PM
front end is exactly the same, 3dr, 5dr, etc :)

NOT TRUE! (i'm almost certain)
they have different number of tabs at the bottom ;)

GreyRex
19th September 2008, 07:13 PM
NOT TRUE! (i'm almost certain)
they have different number of tabs at the bottom ;)

Correct. Three doors have different profile bumpers to the 5 doors. I think the VXR/SRi bumpers come to a point in the middle, whereas the 5 doors dont. Anyway i think the question's been answered

Calibrated
19th September 2008, 07:24 PM
the pov spec 3dr (CD/CDX) grille will also NOT fit the VXR/SRi-T and vice versa as they have the same front bumper as the 5door

KingOfAstras
19th September 2008, 07:25 PM
Correct. Three doors have different profile bumpers to the 5 doors. I think the VXR/SRi bumpers come to a point in the middle, whereas the 5 doors dont. Anyway i think the question's been answered
:P.. ok so break the tabs/clips? hahahaha... but anyway. I think you're right.