PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 07:24 PM
hey guys, im set to get my windows tinted by the tint professor tomorow morning and im still confused about which tint to get.
they have their normal premium tint, but they also recomend an endurance tint which they say comes up better on black cars.

i have a black astra sri and i just want to know if any of you have got yours done by the tint professor and which tint i should choose

heres a link of the two tints
http://www.tintprofessor.com.au/tint-products.php

thanks

Miker84
11th September 2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Mate,

I don't know too much about tinting, but, I do have a black Astra myself. The Endurance film visually seems to have a silvery mirror like reflection as opposed to your standard black finish. I can understand that if it appears shiny and relflective that it may be seen to enhance to overall 'shine' of the car, however, I don't really dig the silver look - I would personnaly go with the darkest ass black you can get - that obviously still offers good visability.

Those pictures on the site showing - premium film Vs endurance film give you a good idea of what it should come out looking like...

When I used to drive an old white Mazda 323 shag wagon I had super super dark tint (don't know the brand) on the windows and it looked great from both outside AND inside the car.
http://clients.bigbridge.com.au/mike/Mazda323sw_Photos/Mazda323sw_rear_web.jpg

Good luck mate - post pics once you've got it all done!

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 07:56 PM
yehh the endurance film does have quite a silvery finish to it, and im not quite sure if im a big fan of it either. The thing is im only planing on getting darkest legal tint and im not sure if the normal tint will look dark enough against the black duco.
i realy want to see some pictures of some black astras with window tint

thanks alot miker84

CNBLU
11th September 2008, 11:08 PM
Get the darkest legal Stefan. But go a bit darker at the back;)

Will make the whole car seem darker.

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 11:12 PM
yeh yeh im getting darker on the back aswell, but do i get the normal tint or that shiny one they have on the site?
because they recomend the shiny one for black cars :S

Vectracious
11th September 2008, 11:13 PM
IMHO - don't get the shiny stuff - looks tacky - think about the people you see with mirrored sunglasses.

My $0.02

Miker84
11th September 2008, 11:14 PM
Check out Blue Raven's old ride - his tint is pretty dark:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11595

CNBLU
11th September 2008, 11:18 PM
No shiny shit

Miker84
11th September 2008, 11:19 PM
No shiny shit

x2

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 11:20 PM
yehh blue ravens old tint looks really good.
it says he has the darkest/highest reflective tint

i know shiny stuff can look taky, but if it comes out anything like blue ravens ide be really happy

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 11:22 PM
kool thanks for the help guys, i think ill just get normal darkest legal:)

Miker84
11th September 2008, 11:23 PM
yehh blue ravens old tint looks really good.
it says he has the darkest/highest reflective tint

i know shiny stuff can look taky, but if it comes out anything like blue ravens ide be really happy

Hmm yeah - but check out the reflections in my old wagon's windows - that be super shiny too - but it wasn't especially reflective stuff...

:D

Miker84
11th September 2008, 11:24 PM
kool thanks for the help guys, i think ill just get normal darkest legal:)

Darkest legal on front windows - bit darker on back and rear windscreen...

Post pics dude :cool:

SRIboi4
11th September 2008, 11:25 PM
does your astra have tint? because it looks dark in your picture

Vectracious
11th September 2008, 11:26 PM
Hmm yeah - but check out the reflections in my old wagon's windows - that be super shiny too - but it wasn't especially reflective stuff...

:D

depends on the light, the angle you look at it etc - i've just got standard whatever the hell Subaru use as stock tint on my car and sometimes it just looks normal, other times it reflects absolutely everything. If I could be bothered, I'd get it ripped out and put something I know is decent.

Metro1288
14th September 2008, 10:29 PM
I have 20% tints on my black astra and it looks nice, dark enough not to be seen but enough visibility to drive safely.

collokid
17th September 2008, 12:14 PM
yeh dont get shiny, i think the black on black looks the best, and its harder for the johnnies to tell if its legal or not cos of the contrast, say compared with a white car with super black tint

SRIboi4
17th September 2008, 12:16 PM
yehh thanks for the advise guys
i ended up getting just the normal darkest legal tint from the tint professor
with 20% on the back window, im really happy with how its come up:)

just gotta clean her up and post some pictures