PDA

View Full Version : New Astra Interior

MatsHolden
9th September 2008, 09:43 PM
Shots of the next generation Astra interior. Looks good. Not sure about the old school door pins though!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/interior3.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/interior2.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/interior1.jpg

Calibrated
9th September 2008, 09:44 PM
links dont work

poita
9th September 2008, 09:48 PM
opelaus is not a valid site to link to these pictures lol

sooty
9th September 2008, 09:51 PM
weird little A-pillar and C-pillar windows

MatsHolden
9th September 2008, 09:54 PM
weird little A-pillar and C-pillar windows

A-pillar windows same as Corsa D and a lot of cars at the moment. C-pillar 'opera' windows are old school! I like them though.

poita
9th September 2008, 09:55 PM
jump cables on the back seat, thats not a good sign

looks a little plain to me, is just a test mule i know, but still

bornwild
9th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Insignia interior?

Calibrated
9th September 2008, 10:14 PM
dash looks very bland compared to the H. hopefully they will be doing something about that

Huhness
9th September 2008, 10:22 PM
Bland..

MatsHolden
9th September 2008, 10:24 PM
That's just a base model interior by the way...

cocacola
9th September 2008, 10:37 PM
my Astra is better:D

GreyRex
9th September 2008, 11:43 PM
I guess it's not too bad

And that looks to be more a base model, so we'll see

Hopefully we'll see red/amber interior lighting (like the Insignia), instead of the yellow

bornwild
9th September 2008, 11:53 PM
Where do you see yellow??

sooty
10th September 2008, 07:46 AM

In the H's....there is just yellow, nothing else...;)

glider
10th September 2008, 07:52 AM

they mean the interior lighting (dash, console etc) of the current cars

wishbone
10th September 2008, 08:26 AM
bit messy.. hahahah
nah.. a lil plain i rekon

Wraith
10th September 2008, 08:41 AM
Looks 'ok' O/A IMO...

Steering wheel looks a bit wierd.

C pillar window looks even wierder.

Seats and door trims actually look not bad.

Dash dial cluster, is almost identical in look/layout to some Audi dash clusters !

Door pins are in fashion again, just like the old school door handles have come back in as of late and replaced the flush style - until the trend goes around the merry go round again and they go back to flush handles and no door pins :rolleyes:

Although I kind of like the latest door pin trend of putting the alarm LED in the top of it - makes for a very visible warning of the cars security system :)

Still if this thing's a Daewoo - quality, finish and reliability are always going to be questionable...

MatsHolden
10th September 2008, 10:47 AM
Still if this thing's a Daewoo - quality, finish and reliability are always going to be questionable...

Ange it's not a Daewoo! lol just our Astra will be built at GMDAT's new plant. And reliability isn't an issue with Daewoo's anyway... they go and go and go and have less warranty problems than our Opels! lol

bornwild
10th September 2008, 10:51 AM
Astra - will still be built in Belgium

Viva - will still be built by Daewoo

Why are you guys saying the Astra will be built by Daewoo?!?!

Wraith
10th September 2008, 12:06 PM
Ange it's not a Daewoo! lol just our Astra will be built at GMDAT's new plant. And reliability isn't an issue with Daewoo's anyway... they go and go and go and have less warranty problems than our Opels! lol

That's good to know...

However I still question the reliabilty - I knew someone with a Daewoo Lanos (1997 model) purchased from new and it constantly had things going wrong, she got sick of it and sold the car after 2 years and will never buy another Daewoo.

Hopefully the newer ones are better :)

J
10th September 2008, 03:17 PM
IMHO, it looks (mildly!) better styled in some places i.e. what Wraith said. The centre console "sweep" down to the gear lever and handbrake, appears to be a copy of the Corolla hatch (heaven forbid!). I can see exactly which black plastic bits they may swap for silver ones in higher grade models, but I doubt it will improve things much.

Materials-wise, the plastics themselves appear really cheap and prone to scratching. Definitely a backward step. I'd say it is back on par with the Japanese average, if not worse!

Thank God I'm a driver and not an interior designer! Still, not a big fan so far. Hopefully they will prove me wrong. Not holding my breath, though!

Red AH SRI T
13th September 2008, 08:35 PM
The interior quality appears crap because this is a pre production mule. Its not the final product. They often use lower quality bits whilst testing.

With Opel's push up market in Europe you can count on the new Astra having a top notch interior.

DirtyHarry
14th September 2008, 12:04 PM
you gotta love the salesman's pitch.

USC
14th September 2008, 01:23 PM
interior looks like startreck...bloody awful...lol

loads ad loads of plastic...hahaha

steering wheel looks like in an OLD citroein.

bornwild
14th September 2008, 02:02 PM
interior looks like startreck...bloody awful...lol

loads ad loads of plastic...hahaha

steering wheel looks like in an OLD citroein.

If you want carbon-fibre/SS or the likes, you should be in an Audi or BMW forum my friend :)

Vectracious
14th September 2008, 04:29 PM
Looks like there will be a temp gauge again...

Dont mind it - its very GM.

Apex
15th September 2008, 07:01 AM
The Astra needs storage and cup holders.. can’t see much of either.

Like the Nintendo in the glove box though.

collokid
16th September 2008, 05:27 PM
meh, nothing spesh

Red AH SRI T
18th September 2008, 09:01 AM
The Astra needs storage and cup holders.. can’t see much of either.

Like the Nintendo in the glove box though.

I saw a pic somewhere that showed two takeaway coffee cups in cup holders next to the gear lever. I'll try and find these for you!

*EDIT*

LOOK! CUPHOLDERS!
http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/9/10/9080910.006/9080910.006.Mini12L.jpg

Apex
18th September 2008, 09:42 AM
I saw a pic somewhere that showed two takeaway coffee cups in cup holders next to the gear lever. I'll try and find these for you!

*EDIT*

LOOK! CUPHOLDERS!
http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/9/10/9080910.006/9080910.006.Mini12L.jpg
Nice. My Astra is long gone, replaced by a car with too much storage and some nice cup holders.

I just feel the AH is form over function, there was nowhere to put anything. Also, in the couple of years I owned the AH I never once found a seating/driving position that felt quite write.

Red AH SRI T
18th September 2008, 03:38 PM
Nice. My Astra is long gone, replaced by a car with too much storage and some nice cup holders.

I just feel the AH is form over function, there was nowhere to put anything. Also, in the couple of years I owned the AH I never once found a seating/driving position that felt quite write.

Maybe you have a strange shaped body :p