PDA

View Full Version : Hihi!

stivo
9th September 2008, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Joe.

I'm a former XC Barina owner and i currently own a 2005 Corolla Sportivo.

I always had a keen interest in the XC's and i hope to expand my knowledge on them!

See you's around.

btm
9th September 2008, 12:39 PM
welcome to the site joe, enjoy! :)

poita
9th September 2008, 12:41 PM
welcome to the site mate.
there is plenty of knowledge here on them

i think we are being taken over by toyota owners!
ishley, dee and now joe!

Dee
9th September 2008, 12:44 PM
YAY for the stivo owners!!! please post photos!!

joe, dont downgrade your stivo for an xc barina... i went from xc barina (sxi), then 05 stivo, then xc barina (sri) again and regret it every day. luckily tho, i'm back in a toyota now :D

where are you from and are you a member of TOCAU?

immenotu
9th September 2008, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the site Joe.

There are quite a few XC owners on the forum, me included.

lithium
9th September 2008, 02:00 PM
hi Joe, welcome to opelaus :)

Dee why the regret from moving from the Sportivo to the Barina SRi? i would have expected them to be similar in performance...Corolla faster in a straight line and Barina faster around bends

Dee
9th September 2008, 06:28 PM
hi Joe, welcome to opelaus :)

Dee why the regret from moving from the Sportivo to the Barina SRi? i would have expected them to be similar in performance...Corolla faster in a straight line and Barina faster around bends

92kw at the flywheel for the Barina SRi
141kw at the flywheel for the Corolla Sportivo (mine was dyno'd at 112kw at the wheels)

i've got to say, the handling of the barina was a tiny bit better... but overall the corolla was a lot more fun to drive and i still got the same fuel economy out of it even when flogging it :D

besides, i missed the leather, climate control, 6 cd stacker, 6 speed manual gearbox, and generally just the feel of the car

stivo
9th September 2008, 07:25 PM
YAY for the stivo owners!!! please post photos!!

joe, dont downgrade your stivo for an xc barina... i went from xc barina (sxi), then 05 stivo, then xc barina (sri) again and regret it every day. luckily tho, i'm back in a toyota now :D

where are you from and are you a member of TOCAU?

I am from Sydney.

I am certainly a member of TOCAU. I go under the nick 'Strawberryface'.

Don't worry mate, i won't make the same mistake. I'm looking at going the FI route to a MY00 WRX or perhaps a NB MX5 at the end of the year. I still have time to decide :)

What do you currently pilot?

mr corsa
9th September 2008, 08:16 PM
hihi welcomewelcome

Dee
9th September 2008, 08:21 PM
I am from Sydney.

I am certainly a member of TOCAU. I go under the nick 'Strawberryface'.

Don't worry mate, i won't make the same mistake. I'm looking at going the FI route to a MY00 WRX or perhaps a NB MX5 at the end of the year. I still have time to decide :)

What do you currently pilot?

i'm on tocau as HDACHE - currently in a yaris yr

poita
9th September 2008, 08:42 PM
hihi welcomewelcome

roflrofl

lithium
9th September 2008, 09:44 PM
141kw at the flywheel for the Corolla Sportivo (mine was dyno'd at 112kw at the wheels)

yes i am well aware of the power difference. however peak power doesn't have much to do with real world performance in my opinion.

peak power tells you a stivo should be neck to neck with an SRiT which is laughable. SRiT is in a different class due to the torqueless high-revving wonder that is the old Celica engine

no question your old stivo would leave every Barina in the dust though. and agreed on leather, CD stacker and general bulletproof Toyota engineering :)

going a bit off introduction topic here :)

Ishley
10th September 2008, 11:25 AM
Welcome Joe.

Im sure you will be enlightened by the many XC owners here. And maybe we can enlighten them on the Sportivo a bit.

Calibrated
10th September 2008, 11:45 AM

i've got to say, the handling of the barina was a tiny bit better... but overall the corolla was a lot more fun to drive and i still got the same fuel economy out of it even when flogging it :D

besides, i missed the leather, climate control, 6 cd stacker, 6 speed manual gearbox, and generally just the feel of the car
and now you have a yaris, that has 13kw, and does 0-100 in 25 years. :p

Dee
10th September 2008, 12:33 PM
and now you have a yaris, that has 13kw, and does 0-100 in 25 years. :p

that's cool by me - means it will take me 25 years to lose my licence then... sweet

Vectracious
12th September 2008, 12:01 AM
Uh-oh - any mention of Lift and Dee gets all excited....

welcome stivo :D